Trds Rally Car

TRD ke70

Members dont see this ad

** edit** this post is in reference to photo of new lamps installed......6 pages ago ....damn phone! (ps: car looks fantastic!)

I saw a rally car the other day with all his lamps mounted on a single roof rack, not sure how it was connected to the loom but seemed like a great idea as putting them on and off would be relatively fast.

What do you think?

When the lights are installed on the front do they cut airflow to the radiator?

Our loom is connected with a trailer plug (have a look under the bumper on the LH side)

I don't see any overheating with the lights on, i think mainly cause you fit them for night and its usually quite cool.

Keith is on to it.

There's a lot of hard work in rallying if you want to run at the front of the field.

Yes you need to know how to drive but the car has to be good as well, this includes all the hours maintaning the car.

Tony and I are lucky, two of us work the on the car, tony drives and I do all the service, huge advantage having this sort of team work. We also have Rollaclub members who come and service for us as well, thanks Justin, Teddy and Dave.

But you can just through a cage in a car and go out and have some fun, but don't expect to be at the front of the field in a car with just a cage. Another way to get into rallying and see what it's all about, is to offer your services as a service crew, most teams struggle finding guys who can swing spanners.

The rally that last video shows, border rangers rally, that is one the nicest events in the way of road quality, they are a lot worse in QLD.

awww I even get a mention for what i thought wasnt that much help at all! more getting in the way and asking dumb questions!

Though i did find those loose bolts on the leone....and they stayed tight even after it hit a tree! RIP Leone :(

Credit where credit is due Dave, we reconize the efforts of all service crew members put in, how ever small they think it is.

I know some of the job don't seem to be a big deal, like cleaning windows, torquing wheel nuts, checking tyre pressures, etc, but at the end of the day it all matters to the driver when he's driving the tit's off it.

Oh and thanks to all who voted for us for RCCOFT, but i think there's more deserving guys/cars.

Poor old service pigs i feel your pain dave been doing it for 20 plus years.

The only other blokes i feel for is the road closeure guys ,boring and usually unthanked.

Good that you guys recognise your service crew :thumbsup:

All the cars that ive worked on over the years (mainly old school cars)always have a trailer plug to connect driving lights with no problems.

Where you the guys that give your head service pig a trophy a few years back at bago rally??

Good work guys rob

Good work guys rob

We've been chasing a hi speed engine miss for a while now, and one of the things we are replacing because resistance is hi,

is the coil, new one arrived to day.

Genuine DENSO.... :yes:

Also replaced was the dizzy cap, rotor arm, and new DENSO plugs are on there way.

post-439-0-57335200-1353912040_thumb.jpg

post-439-0-62017300-1353912070_thumb.jpg

Ah- great fun- Nice vids!

We're sitting here just wasted after last night's rally at John's River and we should be in bed!

Celica is cleaned, wheels off, inspected for damage and my month away from home building it is finished tomorrow, so roll on next year! A lot more oversteery than the KE70 I think, and it just blows tyres away... all that 18RG power!

We have finished the last rally for the season.

Gallangowan make the cut was a completely different format from your usual rally.

5 stages ran 3 times, if you were part of the sportsmans series you had to complete all 15 stages. We were part of the series.

Then your 5 fastest stage times were added together, from here. The 10 fastest 2wd's and 10 fastest 4wd's then went to make the cut stage.

Then this became the top 20, which then ran one stage approx 5km's, this would reduce the field down from 20 to 15 cars.

15 cars then ran again to get down to 10 cars and then again to get down to the top 5 cars, this didn't quite workout as the top 6 cars, tied, car 5 & 6, 4 & 3 and cars 2 &1 tied, so it ended up the top 6.

To make a very long story short, the Corlla was car 6, so we got to run as if we were in the top 5.

The little corolla was the only 2wd car in a sea Mitzy Evo's.

We finished the event being 6th outright for the event and first 2wd car.

Excellent result and totally unexpected.

A BIG THANKS to Teddy and Justin for coming up and servicing, couldn't have done it without you guys.

Now with the season over we're going to concentrate on getting the 6 speed box into the car, rebuilding all the TRD rally shocks and getting done the very long list of minor repairs that have to be done before next years season

post-439-0-06646000-1354505751_thumb.jpg

post-439-0-99344000-1354505831_thumb.jpg

A KE70 in a sea of Evo's..

post-439-0-33310200-1354505909_thumb.jpg