Attention In Your Corolla

RA28GT

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My KE70 is so damn sexy, it impregnates women at 20 paces.

Nah not really. It has the stying of a shoebox with quad headlights. I'm under no illusions that it wll ever be cool.

The Chaser, however.... :P

i'd say it's more the condition of the car rather than the type of car. (refer to "the overrated ke70" 's post)

also i have found that small things like a different set of wheels can change peoples opinion towards a car. when i had the stander 12in wheels hub caps and white walls people always used to come up to me and ask about the car but ever since i have put the rx7 alloys on i haven't had one complement. all i get is these looks from the older people in my neighborhood like i just did a burnout in there driveway.

this thread has made me want to put the 12s back on. :P

I'd much prefer a purposeful looking celica to a lookatmoi (think kath and kim) ke20 that would get it's ass handed to it by an excel.

My ke15 gets quite a lot of interested looks and people asking me what it is. Most people think it is an early mazda, a fiat, or a datsun 1200 coupe.

Not a rolla, but my black E32 gets an unbelievable amount of attention. The first time I put fuel in it after I got it, there was a guy in a new red R8 HSV commodore at the servo.. nobody paid any attention to his car, they were all staring at the E32. Beats driving a commodore or falcon for a family car by a million miles any day.

ha! Yesterday I was takikng short cut through town and was going down rundle street, I was behaving myself, and a TABLE full of guys tracked my progress up the street and when I drove past them one of them pointed and all five of them turned their heads as I went past. I looked in my rear vision mirror and they were still checking out the car... I had a moment of panic...maybe somethings fallen off! then reverted to "ohhh yeaaahhhh" vixie's still got it :hmm:

Beware, A table full of staring Habibs on rundle could also possibly mean:

Your sexy as! = "aww check her out brooo!"

Your a chunka = "Oye theres one for you bro!"

:P

That said I think that KE30/KE55+ don't get much positive attention, and they don't deserve it haha

KE10-20 is where its at

Cheers, Ben.

I get a fair amount of positive attention in the KE55....just last weekend i had a complement from the Red rooster drive through staff on how good it looked (ask teddy). I'll nearly always have someone looking at it if i'm stopped at a set of lights. lol

Edited by Xany

every corolla i've owned i used to get offers from random people wanting to buy them off me afew times a week, even just while sitting at traffic lights etc. i got alot more attention in my rollas than i ever did my rx7/v8 statesman/calais etc.

except when i stupidly drove my 5ltr vk calais down to an exhaust shop afew suburbs away with only extractors on, ive never had that many people staring at me at one time (and blocking their ears lol).

I get a fair amount of positive attention in the KE55....just last weekend i had a complement from the Red rooster drive through staff on how good it looked (ask teddy). I'll nearly always have someone looking at it if i'm stopped at a set of lights. lol

DEAR GOD i want to go back and get the other chick at the windows number, holy mother of god :jamie:

oh yeah.. the stuff car happened complements about.. danggg she was hot. :D

When my Yellow 25 was on the road, I also had people asking me if I were interested in selling.

When I had the red KE25, I had some dude flash his headlights to pull me over and ask me if I'd like to sell it.

RA28 celica's are great too, if you like the japanese mustang styling :D

It all depends how the car is presented to how it will be perceived by the public.

My pano gets the occasional look when i drive it around the streets (driven daily up until last weekend when i pulled the 4K out). It's usually at any service station that I'll get comments or questions. A bloke wanted to straight swap me for his VP Calais lowered with HSV wheels a while ago, I politely declined. I think my cousins celica would get a lot more looks / comments though.

I don't get much attention in the turbo car by the looks, which is fine and dandy with me..... until they notice the semi-slicks. :yes:

It normally gets attention from the sound of it (espeacially with the glimer drive on), and the usual question is "Does it have a 4agze in it!?" :jamie: :D

i get alot of attention when i go out in my ke70

always get all the looks from old people, and yelling out to me saying how awesome it is. :y:

had a couple of cars at the lights say how tough it looks