September 29, 200917 yr comment_377587 The part number I used for the Bilsteins in my 55 hardtop is F4-B46-0071-H0. Hope that helps. :) Report
September 29, 200917 yr comment_377602 that would be same as sedan hey and also u think they were stif road well ?? Report
September 29, 200917 yr comment_377788 that would be same as sedan hey and also u think they were stif road well ?? for drifting i use a shock from the front of a 4wd townace with torsion bars(in the rear of my ke70 wagon)... mates use fronts from hilux's in the rear of there ke70 sedans and ae86's, but they are too long for my car you need extremly hard valving, but will be pointless on a soft spring Report
September 30, 200917 yr comment_377810 Robert, This is the set up I had on a KE11 built some years back reversed eye flattened springs with extra leaf, fitted with Koni shocks for HQ wagon of all things. Stiff as all get out and very low as photo suggests. Set up from City Suspension here in Brisbane Majordad Report
September 30, 200917 yr comment_377811 I haven't got any pics of rear suspension in my racer but I know it could be better. Axle tramp is bad, especially in the wet last weekend at Rob Roy hillclimb. Has koni reds in the rear, but they perhaps need a service... Report
September 30, 200917 yr comment_377833 If you are having trouble finding Corolla shocks, HK Monaro rear shocks and Commodore wagon rear shocks are a direct replacement for KE35s Report
September 30, 200917 yr comment_377839 If you are having trouble finding Corolla shocks, HK Monaro rear shocks and Commodore wagon rear shocks are a direct replacement for KE35s As too are AE86 rear shocks, which gives you all of the adjustable shock options for hachi's. I have 8 way TRD adjustable from an '86 in the back of my '55. :P Report
September 30, 200917 yr comment_377897 heres a link to some pics of my last rolla. The 3rd pic down shows the rear leaves. clicky clicky Report
October 5, 200916 yr comment_379149 i found some pics of my rear end setup http://img96.imageshack.us/i/leaf2g.jpg/ http://img197.imageshack.us/i/leafpack.jpg/ Edited October 5, 200916 yr by Boost+k Report
October 8, 200916 yr Author comment_380186 is that one of the shorter leaves turned upside down on top?? Robert. Report
October 8, 200916 yr comment_380198 I recently picked up a pair of Bilsteins out of a VH Commodore wagon. They have a GM part number on the tube so clearly some fancy suspension pack at the time. They are no doubt old, but only cost $40 for the pair. Worth having a look underneath any wagons you see at the wreckers. Someone may have tricked them up a bit. Report
October 8, 200916 yr comment_380200 Hi Robert, Heres some pictures of my setup. its a ke10. I had massive trouble with axle tramp. I first tried to stop the axle tramp with a stiff koni shock (end up getting it re-valved twice) then got new leaf springs made up with thicker mains, inverted eyes & an extra half leaf added to the front to stop the leaf spring winding up under load, but none of that stopped the axle tramp. Needless to say the ride is stiff, but this aint no limo. Finially I added the cal-tracks and they stopped all tramping & are by far one of the best things I have every added to my car. Report
October 8, 200916 yr comment_380219 Hi, HQ Konis in the back of a KE10 interesting. But can these only work with your super low ride height Majordad? Also what other options are out there for KE1X rear suspension will say KP61/30 stuff fit or AE86 fit a KE1X? And when finding a shock is it as simple to find right length or is there more to it? I am very new when it comes to suspension. Cheers Cameron Report
October 8, 200916 yr comment_380220 i run new leaf packs with an additional leaf and a half rebound leaf. Nice and stiff, havnt had too much trouble with tramp. But i think thats mainly due to the fact i don't get traction, or when i do I'm going to fast for it to tramp Report
October 8, 200916 yr comment_380230 <snipe>Finially I added the cal-tracks and they stopped all tramping & are by far one of the best things I have every added to my car. How do you find them with the handling ? Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now