Whats The Worst Engine Ever Made?

1750 leyland marina engine

slow and noisy and with su carbs that went out of tune on a minute by minute basis

backed by the WEAKEST gearbox in history

dorp a skid in ANY GEAR and that gear became permenantly unavailable from then on...

drove mine for 3 mths .. 2 engines and 4 gearboxes .. then SOLD to some smuck

Anything from Daewoo, Hyundai, or the UK, except lotus/cosworth.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also the Holden Camira. The only Aussie build FWD Holden and it was a Lemon. You still see them around tho.

Except for the RB Gemini......and the LB/LC/LD Astras....and the LE/LF/LG Novas....and the JK/JL/JM/JP Apollos.

Granted, they were all badge-engineered vehicles, but so was the Camira (it was a global J-body, which somehow managed to hang around until 1997 as a Daewoo Espero.....that's right, an Espero is essentially a Camira, even has the Family II under the bonnet)

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

Daewoo

Have to agree- The son of frends here paid $4000 odd for a '98 Daewoo Nubira, then another $2500 on a motor re-build, and ended up giving it to my son with oil everywhere and water dripping out all the time... Swapped for a tray of beers!

We nearly killed ourselves in it trying to overtake a truck at 100kph one day.. pulled out and it just couldn't go any faster!

My work Gemini 25years ago was absolute trash, and the old man's Sigma finished me with Mitsi for ever.

Nissan or Toyota all my life!

I was burned by the first Mitsubishi I ever encountered (with the fanTASTIC Astron II engine no less) and in the decades since I've given them countless chances to redeem themselves, but no.

Every single one has been garbage.

I was also scarred by 6 months of 2.6 Astron ownership. It took me 16 years to own another Mitsubishi, but I must say the 3.2 DiD has been the goods.

Now up for sale if anyone is interested. :jamie:

the carnival never did head gasgets, the sleeve the piston runs in comes loose and slams the hell out of the head :jamie: the stuff wrong with those cars realy started at the design level

then the kia rio, upside down inlet manifold so if you wash it (or get good rain, remember rain?) it filled the cylinders and compression locked the motor

worst ever, kia pregio diesel, skip one service, by new motor, bottom end shot

N12 pulsar single point efi, yea, that was going to work! haha

ea to current 6 cyl falcon, speedo reading 200,000 + how about i order you a new cyl head now save wasting money on the crack testing

v6 commodore misses under load, changed your leads in the last 60,000 km? no, theres your problem

mitso/L series datto, use oil, factory standard, live with it sunshine

personal favorite, mazda mpv v6 rwd with the worlds smallest oil galleries, get slack on the oil changes, they block up, top end starves, cams shear, and to get the motor out you need to strip the car down to a bare shell almost!!

i'm just putting it out there that i hate opel motors i.e. z18xe's c22se just shit you find in everything from opel to holden daewoo an even saab among others. they are always seem to leak and i am just over touching them.

oh and also renault's and fiat's, why oh why do they not like putting timing marks on pulleys and then also deciding not to put any form of keyway's either. just makes life hard and scary when they snap/throw a timing belt :jamie: