B.L.Z.BUB

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just something to think about if going auto - sports mode. Once you get the taste of being about to flick that lever over to the side and slush the gears yourself you'll never want to downgrade back to a plain old self shifter again

Something else to think about with the magna - traction control (but it's not a feature on the base model ES).

Oh, and the AWD versions

I have an 02 magna as a daily. Had it for 3 years NEVER had an issue. I drive 800kms a week just to and from

work. Its the 3.5 with sports shift (i never use auto, it shits me). I bought the car at 146,000 kms for $6k.

Almost at 300,000 now :wub:

Its got enough power, fuel efficiency is good for what it is (country driving), is comfortable, has airbags, ABS.

Bad points.

every 100k you need to do the plugs and belt which cost me $850 to get done

The turning circle sucks balls, you'll be doing 3 point turns everywhere.

Occasionally you get petty fumes coming into the car, seems to be a Mitsi thing

Everyone gives you shit for owning it :D (all my mates drive Rolla's or Suburu's)

Factory radios seems to shit themselves

I've lowered it all round as I wanted it handle better on the long drive and I chucked in a decent sound system

and thats it. Keep it serviced and they seem to keep going.

Overall suits me perfectly. I'll never regret making the decision to buy it. I'd even consider it for the next car

but Id buy if from the Eastern states next time as they seem to be even cheaper over there...

Scott.

Edited by ScottKE1X

I've got a '94 TS V6 Manual.

You'll find that car is actually a TL. :wub:

Anyway, In the nearly 3 years I've owned mine, the only things I've had to get are new outer CV's and replace the clutch 3 months after I got it (it was knackered anyway).

I've done nearly 50,000ks in it and its going strong. :D

awd magna=full of problems. this said a mate at work has 1 and he loves it. they do come across as impressive.

i gotta put it out there i despise 6c fwd. i just think its backwards technology. get her a 4c thats a bit sport. i mean for 12k you can get a new swift thats nearly as fast and uses half the fuel. mind you it is a fair bit smaller.

being 18 and single i got nothing but if i bought my misses a car itd be a 4c hatch in better condition and even as far as a few goodies. (thicker leads k'n'n panel filter iridium spark plugs piggyback ecu?)

just my 2cents

the missus brother has a 99 magna sports manual that he has done up a little (well its lowered and has a bloody loud exhaust) its ok but I don't like the wind noise at high speed on the open road due no window frame on the doors and the rubbers wearing out over time.

in jan i bought an 03 avalon vxi with only 93k for 7500.

basically all the stuff of a camry in a bigger package so its as big as any falcodore, and for some reason was cheaper to buy than an equivalent camry. And in a straight drag it goes as fast as the brother in laws 3.5 magna to about 100 yet uses less fuel than hs car.

When I was shopping for a car i loooked at all the other suggested models

Avalon's are a good car. they are worth nothing because when one looks up the phrase " insomniac curing techniques ", there is a picture of a used avalon on the page.

Avalon over Magna any day of the week.

My choice also Avalon

I worked for mitusbishi dealer on and off for 6 years. From what ive seen magna from 98 onwards no major dramas as same with any car.

But id still buy An Avalon over a magna very good bang for buck and these things can look pimp if done right. Just be aware things like a electric window regulator for an avalon is about 600 plus dollars where as one for a magna is about 130 new, so wreckers it is for these sorta of parts.

they leak oil somewhere around 100-150k from the front camshaft seals which is a bit of a pain in the ass to fix. you need to add speedi sleeves as well as new seals. the belt gets done at 100k. the spark plug tubes and rocker cover gaskets also leak oil, and they suffer from the usual holden/ford mould growing in the brake fluid reservoir because nobody changes it.

Robert.

Hey man

Just my 2 cents, but honestly mitsubishi, their later model cars i wouldnt say are the same as what mitsi used to be....

I know several people who own 6cyl magnas, treated them right, and they are a real nice car to drive; sure sometimes the window motor might go, or some of the trim might seem a bit tacky....but ur gonna get that from any Australian built car.

Id say go for one of those camry's hey, theyre real nice to drive, HUGE boot...for example. Today at work putting a bbq into one of them, this box is massive, never seen it fit in a sedan ever. So we see the camry rock up, me and the other guy running the back dock look at each other, shake our heads. But to our surprise the box fitted in and so comfortably.

Yes, i am posting pretty much to say that the camry has a HUGE boot, and it is amazing...buy one ^_^