Quickest K Powered Car?

LXY-642

copper gaskets man best way to go

thats for sure but also the way the manifolds are being made will also be the main fix we think.

Now that i have rods ive got to get a head chamber properlly done so i can cc it and get bowl size sorted and then its all off to get honed, o`ringed, balanced and maybe grouting it too.

:dance:

Then its off to the fabricator for manifolds, dump pipe and some catch cans etc. got a dummy engine if the forged motor isnt done in time.

stu..

Members dont see this ad
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

post-17369-0-52574200-1355010099_thumb.jpgOriginal cyl head has gone to heaven, will be starting on engine assy early january after car body is done,

just puttin together bits n pieces for now like rollmaster arp kit, methanol floats for dellortos, etc will be teaching the boy

some porting style also...

• 10 months later...

Okey dokey were gettin close to firing it up!, now hows this k motor title gonna work? fastest quarter mile, or lap time at a particular track?

Id consider the fastest k powered ANYTHING should perhaps be measured over the good ol quarter mile time, as this makes the playing feild a little

more even, we will be shooting for that elusive ONE GOOD RUN with it all staying together to get our timecard, then possibly a state by state shootout

at the nearest strip, vic being calder, qld willowbank etc,i don't think gtech timing on its own would be an accurate guide and most guys will do

this on the street

and i don't beleive in traffic light trophies..remember when racing was run what you brung and hope you brung enough!..... thoughts?

• 2 months later...

You probably know most of the usual suspects. Myself, Madrolla68's old car, Darren (Untubbed_20) who did the 13.3. Kickn5k also got a pretty stout setup but I don't think he's ever done a 1/4 pass. Same with Loupee - he has a 5k running an S15 BB T28 on like 16psi running on gas.

Also have you ever seen this one.....

There's also another 7kze setup I've seen in a publica ute IIRC thats somewhere in like Finland or Norway. Never seen how it goes though. One of our members has pilfered a pic of the engine bay as an avatar pic.....

http://www.rollaclub...hp?showuser=637

If you do a youtube search for 4k turbo or 5k turbo there's also a few more on there you may have never seen before.

Yup sounded just like mine does with that weird double take off..when you dump it it leaps, kinda hesitates like all the parts are catching up and then zoom.

90rwkw ish runs 100-ish mph traps in a ke10 at stock weight ..easy for 13's

cheers

darren

I really should have run the blown setup.

New owner may, be good to see what it'd run in a heavy weight 55!!

I will definatly beat the bugeebus out of the turbo setup! Cheat85, anti-lag and all that fun stuff!!