Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

7Agte 20V Blacktop

Featured Replies

  • Author

Update…..well not really;

 

I have just spoken with BorgWarner Australia to find out where my turbo is, they have no idea when turbo will arrive. "There are none in the world"!

 

We will have to wait until shipping advice is received from BorgWarner Germany.

 

(I put down a deposit on my EFR BorgWarner Turbo over 3 months ago)

Edited by _FNQ_rolla_

  • Replies 334
  • Views 720.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • _FNQ_rolla_
    _FNQ_rolla_

    Ok, some more pics for you all.   Dash is nearly all stripped out (going to total rewire everything as I am fussy at what I do)       Filling in the cracks in the dash pad       I used a

  • _FNQ_rolla_
    _FNQ_rolla_

    Hi there, The motor only has done 350kms and I have already done an oil change so it was off to the rollers for a tune (I really did not like driving it with the base tune).   We only took the boos

Posted Images

  • Author

Damn, refund then purchase garrett?

 

Kind of not too worried about how long it takes to get here as I am in no hurry. I just want to build it once and build it right. (I walked into my Garrett shop up here and old mate behind the counter recommend to me the BorgWarner and told me how much better they were. I thought about it and a week later I went back and ordered one).

 

I might slap together a weld in cage (up to spec standards) if I feel up to it, because I think I will need one in the not too distant future.

If there ate none in the world... That means you won't get it for agesssss !!!

 

They wouldn't just get someone to make a singlular one... They would make a couple hundred wouldn't they?

 

If they have none then that would also mean they arnt extremly popular???? That's good if you want the build to be a one off ;)

 

I might slap together a weld in cage (up to spec standards) if I feel up to it, because I think I will need one in the not too distant future.

 

Checked the regs on cages lately? I haven't, but Steve (86coupe) had all sorts of grief getting his cage plated recently... They didn't like welding at all, had to bolt it through with plates on the underside etc

  • Author

If there ate none in the world... That means you won't get it for agesssss !!!

 

They wouldn't just get someone to make a singlular one... They would make a couple hundred wouldn't they?

 

If they have none then that would also mean they arnt extremly popular???? That's good if you want the build to be a one off ;)

 

I know that they would not just build a one off for me and as for the build, just about every modified/built car on here is a one off. I am building it for me and if takes me another 3 months for the turbo to get here, so be it.

 

Checked the regs on cages lately? 86coupe had all sorts of grief getting his cage plated recently... They didn't like welding at all, had to bolt it through with plates on the underside etc

 

I haven’t even looked at the regulations about cages, I know what I want to build but like everything else on this car it will be 100% legally engineered, Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by _FNQ_rolla_

6 point / 4 point cage?

 

Ill be needing a cage to and want to go more than the regular 2 point.

Will be watching to see how you go with it.

 

Ive seen a capri with a full cage engineered as the head to bar clearance was a particular size needed. Unsure of specs though, but it can be done in NSW apparently.

  • Author

I was thinking of a 4 point cage at a minimum, or a 6 point. I wouldn’t even waste my time with a 2 point cage.

Edited by _FNQ_rolla_

  • 1 month later...

Any news on how far that big borgy turbo is away??

Keen to see how this 7agte goes might have to talk my mate into one for his sev.

Any news on how far that big borgy turbo is away??

Keen to see how this 7agte goes might have to talk my mate into one for his sev.

Trav or Trev? Can't remember his name. The bloke who didn't decomp a 4AGTE in the Green Ke70? LOL

 

But yes! BRING ON 7AGTE!

Trav or Trev? Can't remember his name. The bloke who didn't decomp a 4AGTE in the Green Ke70? LOL

 

But yes! BRING ON 7AGTE!

 

Yeah it's Trav and he has a KE-70. But he might have been telling you porkies Sunday. Thats a full house 4agze. It is decomped to about 7.5:1. The first motor was STD 4agze(that spun a big end). The second motor had Ross forged pistons, spool rods and a huge set of kelford cam(failed because of arp head studs). The one that's in it ATM I made pistons for it and the rest other than the bigport head is the same. That's were I got my HKS turbo.

 

FNQ that reminds me are you using ARP head studs? Might pay to check the oil gallery clearance for the cam feed. The ARP stud sometimes seems to block the cam oil feed and run the cams dry causing a heap of big issues on these things.

 

Stu.

Edited by kickn5k

Yeah it's Trav and he has a KE-70. But he might have been telling you porkies Sunday. Thats a full house 4agze. It is decomped to about 7.5:1. The first motor was STD 4agze(that spun a big end). The second motor had Ross forged pistons, spool rods and a huge set of kelford cam(failed because of arp head studs). The one that's in it ATM I made pistons for it and the rest other than the bigport head is the same. That's were I got my HKS turbo.

 

FNQ that reminds me are you using ARP head studs? Might pay to check the oil gallery clearance for the cam feed. The ARP stud sometimes seems to block the cam oil feed and run the cams dry causing a heap of big issues on these things.

 

Stu.

Nah, it was Leigh telling me. Never met Teav. And was ages ago in Preston CC&D.

  • Author

Any news on how far that big borgy turbo is away??

 

Funny you should mention the “Borgy” as it has been over 4 months now since I put a deposit on it. I did drop into the turbo shop and there is still no word on an expected date so I do not think I will see it before Christmas so the car is on hold.

 

I am so keen to get this little old bomb back on the road again, its has been driven since June

  • Author

FNQ that reminds me are you using ARP head studs? Might pay to check the oil gallery clearance for the cam feed. The ARP stud sometimes seems to block the cam oil feed and run the cams dry causing a heap of big issues on these things.

 

Stu.

 

I have already sussed out the tolerance with the ARP head studs on a 20V head and mine is fine after I got it back from Rams Head Service in Sydney. From what I have read/experienced is the 16V head(s) that you have to watch out for with the tolerance.

 

Thanks for the heads up

Oh yeah you've gone 20v, I keep forgetting that.

 

Wow 4 months so far and no turbo! That sucks.

 

I'm with you on wanting to drive it. I've had my 11 off the road since end of May, datto has taken a bit of my time.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.