Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Valueing Other Peoples Threads

Featured Replies

Need a rule that all offers must be strictly over PM, that way there is no flame up with low ballers in a thread, they get no response or are written off by the seller in a PM.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a thought that would keep Ben busy for a while, When someone wants to post in a for sale ad other then the topic owner the reply button it should send the post as a PM to the topic owner and an automatic reply of PM sent should post on the sale thread.

 

Edit: http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=41118

Edited by Trev

Not hard to turn the reply button into a PM link and turn off topic replies all together. Certainly something I would like to try, turning off topic replies. No more bumping, no more lowballing, no more valuing. Ahh the serenity.

 

Up to you guys, I don't use the for sale area so you guys as a group can make the call. Start a poll or something if you're keen.

Not hard to turn the reply button into a PM link and turn off topic replies all together. Certainly something I would like to try, turning off topic replies. No more bumping, no more lowballing, no more valuing. Ahh the serenity.

 

Up to you guys, I don't use the for sale area so you guys as a group can make the call. Start a poll or something if you're keen.

 

Didn't realise it was that easy, not up to us Ben, probably something that you and the other runners (mainly Rob) should talk about, we have given feedback so it is really up to your own decision.

I'm all for it. Do you see adverts in a newspaper "bump" each other up to the top of the category column if the paper hasnt been read for 4 or 5 days? Nope!

 

To be honest, I'd like to see the the whole selling area read like a trading post newspaper. Price categories, alphabetical order, car type in the heading, a solid price or near offer and a contact number.

 

It would save all the bullshit of bumping posts and after say 7 or 14 days, it gets archived as a read only topic to reference car prices for those looking to purchase a car and seeing what they would pay for.

 

Keep it short, sweet and simple. 250 characters long, no more, and all replies to be via PM to the seller.

 

Once the item is sold, the seller ticks a box and it gets automatically archived or after said time has passed it gets automatically archived. Whichever comes first.

 

I'd like to see it restructured like that :blinks:

Edited by Raven

That's a pretty good idea Mick maybe also let the seller have the ability to mark the item as sold which closes the thread like they do on boostjuice.

This is me being a bit of a wet blanket on the reply-into-PM button business, but wouldn't that have the potential to turn into a difficult to moderate shitfight with people taking offense at being given the written 2-finger salute over a lowball offer.....

 

Unless you can make it able to be moderated somehow, like a mini sub-forum or something..... I dunno, I have zero IT knowledge :blinks:

 

Just a thought anyway.

This is me being a bit of a wet blanket on the reply-into-PM button business, but wouldn't that have the potential to turn into a difficult to moderate shitfight with people taking offense at being given the written 2-finger salute over a lowball offer.....

 

Unless you can make it able to be moderated somehow, like a mini sub-forum or something..... I dunno, I have zero IT knowledge :blinks:

 

Just a thought anyway.

 

Say you like a car and its worth 5k but someone posts up and says they will give 1k for it, Would you reply and say he is an idiot and start the snowball effect?

 

If it was a pm though the seller could politely say no and move on.

Say you like a car and its worth 5k but someone posts up and says they will give 1k for it, Would you reply and say he is an idiot and start the snowball effect?

 

If it was a pm though the seller could politely say no and move on.

What I mean is, if I was selling a car clearly worth 5K and I got an offer (via thread or pm) of 1k, I would politely request that they shove their offer up their ass, right next to their head......

 

Because lets face it, some people don't take no for an answer, and getting half a million lowball replies is going to eventually wear a bloke down, you can only get offered a swap for a automatic V6 commonwhore on 17's so many times before you snap and take someone's head off....... :blinks:

Edited by Toy-Yoda

What I mean is, if I was selling a car clearly worth 5K and I got an offer (via thread or pm) of 1k, I would politely request that they shove their offer up their ass, right next to their head......

 

Because lets face it, some people don't take no for an answer, and getting half a million lowball replies is going to eventually wear a bloke down, you can only get offered a swap for a automatic V6 commonwhore on 17's so many times before you snap and take someone's head off....... :blinks:

 

Fvck that, I have a short fuse so I take heads off with the 1st lot of shit.

I used to get all fired up when being lowballed, now I just laugh it off.

 

People think that because they lowball you over the internet that it's ok because it is anonymous or whatever. I have a good memory for both numbers and usernames :blinks: :( :laff: :laff:

 

EDIT: 1000 posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by LukeAE71

I think the insta-PM from for sale threads is a sterling idea... keep "heated disagreements" over lowball offers out of the public eye.

 

Might even consider an insta-bump function too? That way it's 100% fair for all sellers, having it so posts don't = bump in for sale threads, just have it auto-bump every 72 hours (if i remember the rules correctly?) Then when thread closed on announcement of sold, it locks down.

 

I still do consider it worthwhile to have such discussions open for everyone to see, because there's parts i have put up for sale, which I really don't know a value for... so I often use the for sale threads as a point of reference, though i suppose if people are generous enough to list their final sale price, that'd stop that information being lost.

what i don't understand is why buyers insist on posting in forsale threads, to find out more information.

 

if i see somethign i want to buy, i never post in the thread, i go directly to PM or the telephone.

 

having a billion posts questioning the item just reflects that the description on item wasnt sufficient.

 

or that the buyer isnt really that keen to buy, they just want to see pretty pictures.

 

oh yeah and noobs low balling in threads, that will always happen. something to do with the anonymousness (is that a word? i like it) of the internet.

 

oh yeah, and the PM sent thign is a bit annoying. we get emails to tell us we get PM's i don't think we need 10 posts PMsent, PMreplied, PMsent etc....

 

also how annoying is it when the first 2 pages of car sale add is just people askign for pictures? mandatory pictures for car adverts perhaps? (and none of this "my camera is broken" crap...everyone has camera phones, or know someone who does)

I was just thinking about this the other day! I think it would work well and stop a lot of stupid questions bumping up threads etc..

 

But how will the seller bump their thread after a few days?

 

Maybe make it so the seller can post in the thread but nobody else can...?

But how will the seller bump their thread after a few days?

 

Maybe make it so the seller can post in the thread but nobody else can...?

 

When someone wants to post in a for sale ad other then the topic owner

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.