Corolla On Top Gear Australia

Haha yes that may be so, but I don't want to have to watch in horror!! I heard somewhere that the Japanese never let the cars on their roads get old, apparently they crush them when they get to a certain age to make room for more cars.. Imagine how many ke1Xs etc

I don't see how anything before the ke55 can be considered bland.. But anyway!

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like it may be a good challenge, but why a 25!

I'm thinking a similar situation to the Morris(?) Mariner is dawning. Remember when the Mariner fan club society or something complained, so BBC got a fully overrated one and dropped a piano on it!!

HAHA classic, but I hope they don't start crushing rollas :P

The Morris Marina is almost universally despised though and widely recognised as one of the worst cars of all time. The Corolla isn't, even it's critics agree that it is good, just boring.

I heard somewhere that the Japanese never let the cars on their roads get old, apparently they crush them when they get to a certain age to make room for more cars..

Or just ship them to Australia or NZ!

can't really talk from experience but ive been told that when a car is a few years old in japan the inspections begin to become more hassle compared to just getting a new car.

It does amaze me though how many of the early 1990's RAWS imports still come in with so few kms.. then again i suppose they don't drive anywhere near as much in the cities, too damn busy and public transport is actually usable!

Edited by son of stig

Haha this is awesome, this car already has a long history. What a way to finish it! At the end of the day most of the previous owners will admit it "needed work" and its just a corolla. Memories are more important than possessions....

It does amaze me though how many of the early 1990's RAWS imports still come in with so few kms.. then again i suppose they don't drive anywhere near as much in the cities, too damn busy and public transport is actually usable!

A mate of mine just bought a R32 GTR completely stock except a WIDE body kit, only has 32 000K's :)