Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Off-Topic Thread

Featured Replies

Bloody hell thats a bit of a joke then.

The place i use to work at was about $25 for a custom 2-pack mix. But that was about 2 years ago.

  • Replies 1.4k
  • Views 392.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • You don't have to know it all, that's what the training is for. Know-it-alls are usually smartasses who don't actually know much at all, so they don't get hired. I think you're better off not being on

  • ...

  • Just bought my son a bottle of 18yo chivas regal, gave it to him and he didnt care but i guess its because he turnned one today and has no idea what it is haha. Ill be sharing it with him on his 18th

Posted Images

Tried starting one of the rolla's today, couldn't figure out why, 3 year old fuel.....................not................so.........................combustible...................ha ha!

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Going to get tyres soon, this is what the local tyre shop had for under $150ea (probably had others but these are the ones I've heard good things about). Which would you choose?

 

- Bridgestone Potenza RE002 ($150 fitted)

re001_new.jpg

 

 

- Kumho KU31 ($109 fitted)

09556582000_4e894bb61430e.jpg

 

 

- Hankook Z222 ($139 fitted) the guy I spoke to on the phone actually recommended these, said he ran them on his Subaru.

hankook-ventus-r-s3-z222.png

 

 

 

If there are other tyres you've used that are great post them up. Thanks.

Edited by rian

I am on my 2nd set of KU31's. Awesome for the price (got mine for $89/fitted per tyre). My last set lasted forever even with hard driving. Plenty of grip, good in the wet. My car instantly handled like a ferrari after I fitted them.

- Hankook Z222 ($139 fitted) the guy I spoke to on the phone actually recommended these, said he ran them on his Subaru.

 

I never buy what tyre guys recommend - it is mostly just bullshit to make up sales quotas, unless you actually know the guy or can eyeball the car and tyres mentioned, assume they are lying.

 

Here's what a standard conversation goes like when I go into a shop to buy tyres:

 

"Hi what have you got in a 205/40/17 (obviously a performance size), good grip in both dry and wet, like a Bridgestone RE001"

"Sorry we don't have any Bridgestones in stock at the moment, but we've got some Austones, they're an awesome tyre, I've got them on my car and they're great in the wet"

"Nah, after something better than that"

"Well we've got some Nexens, they're an awesome tyre, I've got them on my car and they're great in the wet"

"Don't think you quite understand, I want a _proper_ good tyre"

"Ahh, well we can order in some Yokohama C-drives, have them by the end of the week, they're an awesome tyre, I've got them on my car and they're great in the wet"

"Look, just STFU - I basically came in here wanting RE001s, so far you've given me nothing even close. Just give me a price on RE001s, and anything truly comparable that you can order in, and then go ʞ©$ɟ yourself when I go elsewhere due to your complete incompetence".

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

  • Author

I am on my 2nd set of KU31's. Awesome for the price (got mine for $89/fitted per tyre). My last set lasted forever even with hard driving. Plenty of grip, good in the wet. My car instantly handled like a ferrari after I fitted them.

Yeah they are a fair bit cheaper. I only need a pair at the moment so I'd save $80 over the RE002 at the price the local store has them for.

 

 

 

 

I never buy what tyre guys recommend - it is mostly just bullshit to make up sales quotas, unless you actually know the guy or can eyeball the car and tyres mentioned, assume they are lying.

 

Here's what a standard conversation goes like when I go into a shop to buy tyres:

 

"Hi what have you got in a 205/40/17 (obviously a performance size), good grip in both dry and wet, like a Bridgestone RE001"

"Sorry we don't have any Bridgestones in stock at the moment, but we've got some Austones, they're an awesome tyre, I've got them on my car and they're great in the wet"

"Nah, after something better than that"

"Well we've got some Nexens, they're an awesome tyre, I've got them on my car and they're great in the wet"

"Don't think you quite understand, I want a _proper_ good tyre"

"Ahh, well we can order in some Yokohama C-drives, have them by the end of the week, they're an awesome tyre, I've got them on my car and they're great in the wet"

"Look, just STFU - I basically came in here wanting RE001s, so far you've given me nothing even close. Just give me a price on RE001s, and anything truly comparable that you can order in, and then go ʞ©$ɟ yourself when I go elsewhere due to your complete incompetence".

Thanks for the advice, I figured this would be the case, hence why I asked here. But I have read that the Z222s are quite good for the price.

Edited by rian

^what happened with me. Tried to sell me xenons (? cheap Bob Jane brand) on sale at $89, and I said nah KU31's, ended up getting the better tyre at the cheap tyre price. Much rather spend my hard earned on a tyre I know performs well for the price.

KU31s are good have them on my Silvia at the moment.

595s are nearly as good.

 

I have ATR sports on the back and there actually really good although that might be that there 275/40s haha

are you comparing the ku31 to the 595 SS? or the 595 RSR.

 

ive had the ku31 and its alright, but it wasnt that great, just a slightly better than average normal tyre.

 

this is the 595 SS

 

federal_SS595.jpg

This is the 595 RSR, which has a treadwear rating of like 140, which is quite low (so nice and sticky!)

federal-595-rs-r.jpg

  • Author

Where in Brisbane does Federal tyres? I've only been looking at websites so far but I haven't found anyone who lists them.

At the moment I'm looking at either Federal 595 RSRs or Bridgestone RE002s.

 

Edit: never mind, just realised I can look up all the Federal dealers on the Federal website :hammer:

Edited by rian

  • Author

^haha yeah just realised that after I posted that question.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.