The Off-Topic Thread

rian

Members dont see this ad

I saw one of these in an antique shop the other day:

Curta.jpg

A Curta mechanical calculator, such an incredible machine. I wanted to buy it but it was $1200...

Looks more like a coffee grinder and-or pencil sharpener.....both of which would be excellent companions to a mechanical calculator, come to think of it...

Ran the City 2 Surf yesterday :D

Finished somewhere between 1.45 and 1.55

Considering its 14km and I hadn't done any sort of training for the event (only entered last week) I was pretty ʞ©$ɟing happy.

Also considering the fact my BMI tells me I am obese.... (180 odd cm and 95kg)

fitness is obviously my strongpoint lol

• 4 weeks later...

Especially when you want a good one. I've been searching for a second hand belt drive one for a while now. I'm considering getting one of the Stanley ones from work, 50ltr tank, 200LPM, cast iron head, belt drive etc. About as big as they get without being 3 phase, but so expensive :(

The problem with 2nd hand ones is they are all shitters. No one wants to sell their good ones.

Found this in Noosa though, not a bad price.

One of ours is the exact same as this maybe the next size up. Its really good, It weighs like 50kgs haha. Although the belt sounds like shit now.

Rian why do you need one so big? The other two smaller ones (single piston, tanks are about half the size) we have seem fine 99% for activities.

Literally the only time I need to use the big one is when using the spray gun painting things bigger than a bonnet.