Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Peanut Bait

Featured Replies

Nice car, don't like the front vizer or the lip, drift pipes are sick leave them

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Views 781.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I actually snapped one of the mounting points off so I went, f**k it, all the mechanisms were smooth as.   It was close to the end of the day after 7 hours without a break and id run out of beer.

  • basic, crude, K MOTOR POWER!

  • *sigh   this is why I usually don't ask for help on here. guaranteed someone knows but all I get is f**king fishtanks :|

Posted Images

  • Author

Pulled the front lip off it really didnt fit properly.

 

IMAG0426.jpg

 

Decided to deal with the throttle cable mount.

 

It was just a bit of bent steel held on with metal zip ties, not very secure and pretty loose. (dodgy).

 

IMAG0419.jpg

 

I am totally skint so out came my 'rolla fixing on zero dollars skills'. :wink:

 

An old KE30 rear bumper mount with a notch cut out.

 

IMAG0420.jpg

 

Trimmed some bits off, cut a slot for the cable to mount into.

 

IMAG0421.jpg

 

Drilled mount holes and cleaned up

 

IMAG0422.jpg

 

Some paint.

 

IMAG0423.jpg

 

Mounted.

 

IMAG0424.jpg

IMAG0425.jpg

 

Definitly not pretty but I now have proper throttle response, I'll make up something better but for now I'm pretty happy.

  • Author

The engine doesnt move that much, should be ok. And if it does its only lifting and lowering thee cable

 

I get what you mean though and this is only temporary. Ive been driving it Like this all avo and its running a lot better.

 

Ideas on a better way. Drill and tap holes in the manifold to mount something? Will this leave me open to possible air leaks?

 

Found this, gives me a better idea

 

manifoldswap.jpg

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

Ideas on a better way. Drill and tap holes in the manifold to mount something? Will this leave me open to possible air leaks?

 

Found this, gives me a better idea

 

post-8907-0-63394300-1325659563_thumb.jpg

 

Nah that's an aluminum plate drill and tapped then welded on the manifold. Which looks quite a nicely done.

 

Liking how this is looking with the wheels etc. I dig the slant front too.

 

Stu.

Looks heaps better, and I'm sure would be better

  • Author

Yeah there was still a little flex in the first one, this one is bent 5mm steel plate so solid as.

Live and learn :y:

 

Ill pull it off tomorrow and tidy it up and paint it.

 

EDIT: Just took it for a fang, wow. Vast improvement.

Idling too high so will adjust that down tomorrow too.

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

  • Author

Lost my gears on the way home.

 

The state of my pedal box. Not happy.

 

IMAG0438.jpg

 

I'm not good at this stuff but even I wouldnt have mounted it like that.

 

One bolt on the pedal box and the top one to the firewall only?????

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

  • Author

You think thats ghetto? This is how i fixed it.

 

IMAG0440.jpg

 

ghetto.png

 

EDIT Purple: Pedal box

 

The top bolt is similar but I used an old baby seat mount (hardened steel)

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

yikes! picture is a bit unclear, definately dodgy, but why the lack of clutch?

 

Did the master cylinder pull out of the firewall?

Edited by oh what a nissan feeling!

  • Author

The pedal box mounts to the clutch master cracked off from a dodgy install.

 

For some reason the top was bolted straight to the firewall the lower one to the pedal box

 

the flex in the firewall in the top bolt made the lower pedal box mount crack off.

 

Its a pretty dodgy solution but it will get me by till I can fix it.

 

I can't stress enough how temporary this is, I need a car and I am broke and these bits were all I had.

 

For the rangi-ness of the fix, its works bloody damn well :blinks:

 

Basically i clamped the master to the pedal box.

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.