Girlfriends New Car Suggestion

ke70dave

Older rav 4's are crap IMO just the old S engine just feel like they want to go bang if you give it too them the slightest.

Can get Dihatsu feroza's reasonably cheap they seem pretty good from what ive seen, nearly bought one instead of the T18! Lucky I didn't though :)

Edited by 19914afc

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

N14 SSS? SR20, You'd be able to get a great example for less than six g's, with money left over for insurance, rego, petty or whatever. My old 1.6 n14 felt pretty quick for me and was fun through windy roads, if it was an SSS I would've kept it for sure. And good ones seem to hold their value quite well now. Maybe even N15 SSS?

Not much help but still.

Helping mum look for a car myself at the moment. But she has a 10 grand max, it has to be less then 8 years old, a 4 cylinder and must be able to tow a trailer.

Makes it hard.

Ones we've come across so far has been a

• 2006 nissan tiida st - even the base model has a 6 speed manual. $7000 drive away (but it sold before we had chance)
  • 2005 toyota yaris yrs - $9000 drive away
  • 2006 toyota ascent - $11990 drive away
  • 2006 holden viva equipe- $7500 drive away (for the price this one was damn awesome)
  • 2005 proton jumbuck gli - $6990 drive away
  • 2007 proton jumbuck glsi - $9000 private

Their all manual.

So far mums picking either the viva (but no tow bar, tinted windows) or the '07 proton (tow bar, tray liner, tonneau cover, tinted windows).

I know its not much help, being out of your price range. But from what i've been seeing is that anything with a toyota badge is over priced for what it is.

And for gods sake don't touch a late model camry (wide body onwards). They might be a good car but the typical camry driver wouldn't even know how to shot themselves with a semi auto pistol, thats just how dumb 2/3's of them are.

But from what i've been seeing is that anything with a toyota badge is over priced for what it is.

True- you pay a lot for the name and the reliability. But that's why Holden & Ford are cheaper! :laff:

We paid $2500 for a SSS N14 locally here, rust-free of course, runs well. small dent in front from kangaroo... The son picked it up at Xmas and its being driven around Melbourne without any problems. Its just sad that the models after that are so ugly!

A-around $6000

B-4 doors

C-4clr

D-fuel economical (80mins of driving each day to her work)

E-easy to fix, and available parts.

F-smallish, but enough space for 4 people on occasion.

G-all the mod cons (powersteering, aircon, airbags)

H-a little quicker than most in its class, i don't want a 1.5L econobox.

I-a little sporty, but not over the top.

J-fun for me to drive so i can leave the WRX at home on boring trips.

Toyota Starlet - A, B, C, D, E, F - kinda, G - if you find one that has the mod cons

Toyota Altezza - B, C, D ~ ish, E.., F, G, H, I, J

BMW 318i E30 - A, B, C, D? E(unsure?), F, G, H, I, J

Volvo 240 - Its just a pro vehicle, you should buy one anyway.

have been burnt too many times with holden and ford vehicles to even bother opening my mind to accepting they may be making better cars these days.

They are small though- I thought a Corolla was more a Mazda 323 equivalent.

A lot of Glanzas got into NZ, the Starlet GT turbo. Great for single young people.

I have the Altezza, the KE70 & the Pintara R31 wagon. (ignore the Datsun P510- not rego'd) The White Whale sits in the driveway and the wife likes to drive it, so the Pintara does all the shopping. I like to drive the KE70 so I use that when I can. The Altezza is more serious and not as easy to zip around town in, so it does the trips.

They've each got some of your features.