Offering $150 For Someone To Install The Front Half Of My Ke70 Ca

Members dont see this ad

Its not too hard to do it yourself but there is a difficulty which lies in forming the carpet correctly before cutting holes.

Try using thin nails to mark the centre of holes first and then you can pull them out and remark centres as you go.

Another pain is forming the carpet against the floor and tunnel to align it correctly, ie pushing it hard into corners etc.

It makes the carpet move quite a bit from its free floating position and changes the position of bolt holes / seat mount holes etc.

You might need some help or weights on the carpet to hold it still.

Cut from the centre of the mark once you are happy with ALL the locations, each hole cut 4 lines outwards diagonally in small increments and

check as you go how each hole is forming around the bolt hole / seat mount and adjust the cut in the right direction to suit. Do this gradually from

hole to hole, check the fit and adjust in the direction needed as you go.

Cutting at diagonally allows the hole to close back up properly on square shapes, round holes can be straight or diagonal cuts.

I wouldn't use glue or underlay personally but some people do.

My top tip is not to cut away the excess carpet in the hole, this way you can let it fold back if you need more material and you wont notice

a small cut at all, you can trim it off later to size when all the holes are done and you are happy or leave it as is.

The biggest factor of all is probably the quality of the mould, make sure its the exact model floorpan mould that you have not a generic

loose piece that will never fit well.

Plush pile is probably the best to work on, looks and price wise I reckon.

Theres knox auto carpets and trufit carpets, I used one of them can't remember but they definately had my exact model car mould which is

really important for a good fit.

Good luck if you give it a go, else send it to the trimmers! :P

Edited by styler
  • Upvote 1

Use a heat gun a little to warm up the moulded liner for that perfect fit.

Locate the holes with nails or pins, and then remove it and use a tube of metal such as curtain rod and and block of soft wood as a substrate to punch the holes. Like a great big paper hole punch.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

Its a ke70 how many sluts will get in during the day and be completely turned off by your carpet?

They are

more concerned about their carpet turning you off and missimg a free ride...

Wow … have I missed something here with a comment like that? (and you seem to have a good reputation). Yeah it’s a KE70 (so what), at the end of the day we are all here because of our Corolla’s.

To me he is asking for advice on “how to” and to his credit he has given it a go and by reading this thread he seems take pride in his ride.

There has been some very helpful advice given and well done to the people that have put some time into their write ups, trying to point him in the right direction.

Maybe I have missed something

• Upvote 1

Maybe I have missed something

Just making a funny hero... where's your sense of humour? I must have missed it.

I destroyed 1 new carpet and had to purchase another to get my carpet it. It's not great, but I am content with the fact I gave it my best. It looks good unless your a complete cynic....