Sell My Ke70 And Upgrade To A 2015 Mustang?

G'Day Rollas,

So I'm only new to this community and cars in general so I apologize in advance. I've been a proud owner of my KE70 for almost a year now but I am in need of some advice..

I have a 4 Speed Manual CS, Everything 100% stock and original, being that the car has been garaged for 20 or so years it still has some problems. I've been wanting to get a mustang for quite some time, but I'm also really interested in turning my car into a drifting/daily little speedster.

If I was to keep the car I would want to do the following.

• Change paint colour
  • Install chrome bumpers, body kits/lips.
  • Replace 4k engine with SR20, upgrading suspension, brakes and maybe put a turbo on it?
  • Replacing stock exhaust with something with a better sound and power.
  • Replacing clutch and pedals.
  • Replace rims to JDM or something.
  • Replacing head, tail and indicator lights.
  • Replacing all internal radiators, power leads and fittings.
  • Fixing the problem with water filling up in the boot and replacing the front grill.

Now I know replacing these things is no easy task, it will require a LOT of money and labour. Now the money I have but I no nothing about cars but I am definitely eager to learn!

Anyway my question is this. Would it cost more bring this 'car up to speed', getting all the parts, labour, fittings and engineering certs or will it cost more to get a v4 Turbo or v6 Mustang 2015?

From what I've seen online they are going for around $45 - $55,000 brand new. Of course it's got to be a manual. ;)

Edited by deception345

Members dont see this ad

Why spend $50K on some fat, overweight, souless, plastic box that you cannot feel is your 'own' as you did nothing to build it?? You buy new cars to get from A to B, not to enjoy or get any feeleing of love for.

Build the KE70 into something you want, it doesn't matter what it costs if you enjoy doing it, owning it and driving it. I'd build a pair, one really nicely restored one as a daily and one roughie that you can drift without worrying if you bend it.

Start on small projects, doing it up except the SR20 which you do last. I've got an SR20 in the Pulsar SSS and its a great torquey motor. Do that part last is it is the most complicated and expensive, and by the time you have done the body and suspension you'll be comfortable with a complex project rather than rushing in and selling it as a half-done project.

The seams between the metal panels around the boot rust and let water through, as do the rubber seals around the tail lights. Easy to fix and the best way to stop it is a garage or carport, and always park it in the rain facing uphill!

Speedhunters have been doing some mildly interesting blogging on incremental upgrades to a 2.3 litre 4 cylinder Ecoboost Mustang.

Worth a google/read and I only mention it in the context of this post as I remain ambivalent about desiring one. I imagine demo and secondhand Mustangs would be quite a bit cheaper in North America where you might consider one if you were in the market for an 86.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=speedhunters+mustang+ecoboost

Edited by Mechanical Sympathy

50k for a poverty pack mustang or fix the Ke70? Just in case you havent thought about it, theres actually a lot of cars between these two options. Seriously, 25k will by you a very fast used r32/33gtr, 2jz powered supra, fd3s rx7, evo lancer, subaru wrx, a real 60s or 70s mustang or many other awesome cars you will remember/ miss for the rest of your life.

I can't understand why anyone would buy new when theres so few new cars worth owning, just to watch it depreciated by half its value in 2-3 yrs when you can buy in at the point and own an "almost new" car at a fraction of the price.

New mustang? Not on your nelly.

Blow 30k on a ke70? No way either, do it for 10k, or buy someone elses already done for that price.

Jes

Sorry for the late reply guys. Thank you guys so much for all your replies, help and advice!

The reason why I'm getting a mustang is because I mainly love the look of them, I fell in love with the car when I first played need for speed.. Corny I know right! :osama:

I initially wanted the 2006 model v8 but from what I've heard they aren't the most reliable, is that true? Also as much as I want and need a new car, I don't think I have the funds to keep paying for petrol for the v8. I was looking at the Mustang 2015 as its a v4 so it should be fuel efficient and being a newer model I should be able to upgrade the shit out of it later down the track. I've seen videos of people in america who pimp the hell out of their shelbys and they look amazing! :lovin:

I can confirm though that the ra28 and gt86 are absolutely beautiful cars as two of my mates own them.

@parrot I will definitely check that out, If I have any left other cash from the mustang I'll contribute :)

In regards to the KE70, I learnt from a client of mine that there was an aussie pro drifter 'Johnny Van', owned a garage near my work. Since the last mechanic I took my KE70 to butchered and ruined my car. I figured I'd take it to this guy as he is a beast when it comes to upgrading and fixing up these types of cars. He gave me some great advice and even offered to take the KE70 off my hands for $4k when I'm off my P's given the condition and only having less than 120k on it.

He also offered to teach me some of the basics about disassembling the parts, cleaning and tuning it so I'm definitely looking forward to that! :)

@Bueno I haven't heard of a lot of these cars but I will definitely check them out thanks! I'm not a big fan of the Supra, I've seen it in person and I don't really like the look of them. Evo lancer is actually a nice car that I don't mind. Subaru WRX are beautiful cars too! But I'm concerned that by owning one, People will think I'm a wanna be lebo and won't cops always hound me?

I could buy a pre-owned Mustang but the prices are still higher then a brand new 2015 one. Maybe when the 2015 mustang comes out the prices might drop? Either way I'll keep an eye out :)

Edited by deception345