Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

mine would be my gx n12 pulsar, when its running well

its got e15et in it, t25, exhaust, rx 7 cooler, head work of some sort, makes 120fwkw

good for high 15 low 16

keeps up with my mates e34 535 with light mods (just)

got e-manage to go in when i get the cash, should pull 140 odd

goes pretty hard

this is the et i got the engine out of, whent to adelade to get it, note the defect in the window

post-1114-1147254950.jpg

Edited by pozman

We pulled about {Nominal speed 1}... My speedo was re-calibrated for the 18in wheels, and its dead accurate. More impressive was the fact that she was just slipping into top gear at {Nominal speed 2}!!

I think the 230kmh 'limited' is kinda like the R33 GTR being "206kW" Documented, but not completely true.

She did however stop on a limiter, coz it still had about 1200rpm to go before the rev limiter at that speed.

i havent owned much cars since I'm 16, and still on my L's

The fastest car i own would be my new pride and joy, my Mazda RX7 S2 (don't worry, i still have the ke10 :) )

128lr.jpg

sorry for crappy pic, i only just bought it, not overly modded, but can definately get to 80k's with no worries :)

has hi-flow everything, 4 inch Cannon muffler, extractors, a few other things

fastest car? depends on the drive

180B sss 1.8 twin carb 5 speed sat on 165kph for 3 days across the nulabor (i know thats spelt wrong)

TD cortina 6 cyl x flow bored stroked cam carb exaust twin valve springs on clevo valves, would light the tyres shifting into 4th

ke 10 (yay!!) all the usual eng mods and 5 speed but some serious shocks and suspension, it cornered like a cat on carpet, if the corner was sign posted at 55, 120 on the speedo, but it toped out at 140 (anyone else have trouble with the rear 1/4s drumming at speed?)

AND THE WINNER IS.... RN41 hilux! 2wd 302 windsor C4 2.92 lsd 4 wheel discs, it stops, it turns well enough for a 30 year old ute, and it tops out well over 215kph but thats as fast as I'm prepared to go (and the speedo runs out at 190 now so id only be guessing anyway)

all the others where fun in there own ways but these where the more outstanding ones

(and of course ive only tried this in controled conditions under adult supervision)

Edited by thomo

Mine would have been my MR2, had a few bits and pieces done to it, and if I had ever bothered to get the Link tuned, it should have put out around the 190rwkw mark. Untuned, with no timing advance(thankfully) and running at 14-15:1 A/F ratios it still made 165kw.

With the old turbo it was able to hit the redline in 5th gear...

hmm, hard to say.

i've had all the cars i've owned upto decent speeds (on private roads, of course) but the fastest ats GETTING to said private road speeds was my S2 RX-7. it was only a 12A 6-port but it was sweet as.

I still miss it, and i'm planning to get another rx-7 soon, but losing my job threw a spanner into the works.

One day...

I had an RX-2 with a race prepared 13b extended bridge port done by Ric Shaw Rotary , had microtech injection , webber style 50mm throttle bodies and 4x 12a turbo injectors , dual 2' pipes back to the diff then 3' pipe with only one muffler ( it idled at at 100 db)

when i first got it it was a 12a injected bridgeport and i took it the old eastern creek and on my first run the clutch pressure plate exploded and blew up through the bonnet , my mates who where watching said they saw red hot bits of the clutch blast through the bonnet and up into the air , never saw them land.

damage report :

shattered bell housing and part of g/box main case

part of the rear end plate of engine snapped of ( needed eng rebuild )

chopped my extractors clean through

nice whole in bonnet

just shaved fuel line

:)

Edited by LINDSAY

:)

clutch was to blame not the engine!!!

The bad thing people hear about rotaries are not normal anything wrong with the engines themselves its the dick heads that own then and do not know how to maintain then. ie, running them out of oil.

annihalation14ne.jpg