Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Whats The Fastest Car You Have Owned?

Featured Replies

post-1746-1163570867_thumb.jpg post-1746-1163570918_thumb.jpg
  • Replies 182
  • Views 98.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fark man you are insane, that make more sence now

 

is it hard to get it started or what, and what feul are you running?

Starting can be easy and can be hard.lol

Pretty much i turn on the master switch for everything then I turn on the oil pump. Once I have oil pressure the fuel pump comes on automaticly. Once I have all the systems primed I turn on ignition and gas warm for 12 seconds to about 400 degrees C then turn leaf blower on and as I slowly open the fuel metering valve I turn the leaf blower up slowly. And in about another 5 seconds I should go from 0 to 30,000RPM.

 

But a few times the start has "hung" where fuel is burning but it just doesnt spool but when it does RUN (Even comercial jets get this now and then) they generate a bit to much power..lol. But last time this happened so much fuel was burning in the jet it spooled up so fast rear wheels started spinning and it lifted off the ground from the instant increase in rotating force in the engine. So it can be hard. Starting is always the worst part if it goes good well engine should run well.

 

But last time too_quick saw it I was doing arebuild from a "out of temperater run"..lol I melted the stainless steel fuel manifold (well more the weld and mounts etc) so I was redesigning and also going to find a better finish for the drive turbine houseing as well paint burns and it mild steel for testing so rust to. But it is slowly coming along. Should be track ready again by the end of December :hmm:

 

But I run it on straight kero (jet fuel) but can burn any fuel if slightly re-tuned for it eg deep fryer oil.

 

I have a video here of it on a hung start jumping off the ground before I tuned it to make more power Ill try to compress it and get it some where for you to see ti run.

 

Cameron

 

P.S. I always play safe so risk of death is LOW...

Edited by camerondownunder88

But I run it on straight kero (jet fuel) but can burn any fuel if slightly re-tuned for it eg deep fryer oil.

 

Slight point of order, AvTur is derived from kerosene, but is not kerosene as we know it.

 

It's a bit like comparing unleaded with the Avgas they used to run in Spitfires.

Yes you are right kero isnt quite AvTur as AvTur has lube added anti freese so when planes are up high it doesnt well freese. I'm not flying so I don't add that but I do add lube to my kero. But you are right not quite the same. Google it for more info.

 

Cameron

(camerondownunder88 @ Nov 15 2006, 04:43 PM)

 

But I run it on straight kero (jet fuel) but can burn any fuel if slightly re-tuned for it eg deep fryer oil.

 

 

"in other news tonight... a very silly man was found embedded in the wall of a local shopping centre carpark. Onlookers described the incinerated corpse as barely recognisable and smelling vaguely of fish and chips."

  • Author

I thought this topic was supposed to be about "Whats The Fastest Car You Have Owned?" not "Jet Engines For Dummy's 101".

 

*sigh*

 

Someone may as well lock this one. :hmm:

How about we split it, so we can keep discussing the jet engine? And not lose the point we are at now :hmm:

my ae20 is definately quickest for me so far.

my first car was the '67 mini 1000cc and next was a 318i, both not exactly rocket ships.

  • 3 months later...

post-1769-1174055050_thumb.jpg :P this thread needs life ...meet my GT4 1990 ST185R aussie delivered 205 AWKW @ 8000 rpm on a hybrid CT26/GT30R turbo ,264o cams ,550cc inj & link plus ECU ,i have a list if you would like i can post it up ... car was busted badly for mods & i have taken it off the road to make a dedicated track car . its in bits at the mo & will be up & running April new mods include a externaly gated GT35R turbo ,800cc inj. open exhaust & a cusco front lower brace, its made 245 kmph , & was pretty quick over 400 mtrs & has bettered a known 13 sec WRX . ok i'll post up the new look with stripped out interior & uber mods when its done in about a month . cheers dave

 

 

 

post-1769-1174055154_thumb.jpgpost-1769-1174055284_thumb.jpg

post-1769-1174091258.jpga few more pics , gt35r fitted just !post-1769-1174090928_thumb.jpg[Originally Posted by ToDa30/4

had the GT4 6 years ,started off with the usual mods we all do and got carried away,motor built by Chris Miltons in Adelaide ,fabrication ,install & dramas sorted by Mark Mills of MADAZ Motorsport ( Top Guy ) and myself

remote oil filter

simmons 16" F90's

Toyo Gran Trampio 225/45's

ARP fixings thru out

braided brake lines

HKS pistons

HKS valve springs

HKS 1.6mm head gasket

HKS 264o cams both sides

HKS adj. cam wheels

JUN titanium retainers

Ferera 1mm o/s s.steel necked valves

Bronze guides

TRD thermostat

Unorthodox alloy crank pulley

Fererra Alloy fly wheel

Extreme 5 puc single plate clutch ,good so far maybe twin plate latter

Speed Source braided clutch line & slave cylinder rod

Speed source brass gear link bushes

TWM short shifter

Fensport alloy pullies

RMR alloy bell mouth plenumrossmachineracing.com

stock 55mm. t/body ,have a ford 70mm to go on

Madaz custom duel feed fuel rail

800cc side feed inj.

XS hi preasure Fuel reg.

Walbro fuel pump

Aussie headers

Aussie 3" dump HPC treated modified for GT turbo outlet

3' straight thru exhaust ,with a cannon with 41/2"outlet

10mm Top gun leads

Link plus ECU

Crane ignition module

HKS elec boost control

White line full suspension kit with front strut brace

Kings super low springs

Koni adj. strut insrts

DBA slotted discs x4

lucas pads , may need to upgrade here

AH UK. Ltd FMIC 645 x 160 x 95 ,600hp rated

Garrett GT35 600hp b/bearing turbo

Tial 38mm. waste gate

twin 12" elec fans

custom 4" alloy turbo intake

K& N 4' x 5" pod

Velo rece seat

cam lok 5 pt. harness

GFB bovus maximus BOV

cusco lower front brace

custom rear strut brace

,

Ok thats about it plans are I'm stripping the car out to get as light as i can, will be using the car for ANDRA sports compact Sports AWD class , run it at mallala & the collingrove hill climb, i had to put the project aside but am now back into it ready for the track april 07attachment=13251:Picture_128.jpg]

post-1769-1174091045_thumb.jpg

Edited by ToDa30/4

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.