Raven

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For top speed, it'd have to be my black Corolla, as it's shown 205km/h on the speedo before. For acceleration, the yellow KE55 (or AE55) shits all over it. It seems to accelerate harder in third than the black one does in second! Also, when racing the yellow Corolla at Hidden Valley, it held out an RB25DET-powered R32 sedan from the last corner until almost half way up the straight. That's starting at about 80-90km/h, and the R32 has done a 14-flat quarter mile!

Fastest road car I have owned. Would be the KE30 the KE70 had ablowndiff so it was slow..lol

But fastest car/kart I have owned would be my homemade jet powered gokart. Only tested to 1/3 throttle so far and it was doing 180-km/h could hit well 300 if I let it. But currently tunning it up so I can break my previous 80HP at the rear wheels record on it. But it sufferes from heat issues right now as it is a bit to hot to now sit in the drivers seat from tuning.

And last sprint test was dodgey and want tuned and it did 0-100KM/h in 4 seconds flat :lol:

Cameron

P.S. Oh it can spint he wheels at idle to..lol

Edited by camerondownunder88

Fastest road car I have owned. Would be the KE30 the KE70 had ablowndiff so it was slow..lol

But fastest car/kart I have owned would be my homemade jet powered gokart. Only tested to 1/3 throttle so far and it was doing 180-km/h could hit well 300 if I let it. But currently tunning it up so I can break my previous 80HP at the rear wheels record on it. But it sufferes from heat issues right now as it is a bit to hot to now sit in the drivers seat from tuning.

And last sprint test was dodgey and want tuned and it did 0-100KM/h in 4 seconds flat :lol:

Cameron

P.S. Oh it can spint he wheels at idle to..lol

This kart looks awesome and very dangerous, some very long hours have gone into that rapid road rocket.

This kart looks awesome and very dangerous, some very long hours have gone into that rapid road rocket.

Excuse me it not a rocket but a jet. You know how passionate I am about this hobby...lol

All jokes aside easy to kill my self as it is a DIY jet engine (doesn't mean I lacked on safety, or anything). The compressor spins at 80,000 RPM with the tips just faster than a bullet fired from a hand gun and moves 78L of air a second and runs at a nice cool 800 degrees C ( does go over 1000 degrees C) So death wish yes. Bloody fun one but..lol

can't wait till I finish the afterburner :lol:

post-1811-1163423408_thumb.jpg

post-1811-1163423561_thumb.jpg

Cameron

i've always wanted to make a turbine engine, but never had the expertese or the equipment as a young feller.

just looking at your photos though, whats the go with the set up, ie with the thruster facing out the side?

Edited by pozman

I have just had an interest so just did it..lol

Need to been really keen about it but as this project is into about 5 years now and a cost well I add it all up and well over 7 grand and it still getting parts and all work I pretty much did on it my self so labour was free you could say. But these things be prepared for some hairy moments to if you make one.

And every part I make needs testing to the max eg combustion chamber to hot well it melt to cold wont run good etc. And testing a combustion chamber is fun..lol Turn on shop air light fuel and play with it..lolmmmm 4 meter long flames :hmm: And then you get boring testing kinda like the strength of my stainless steel air intake.

But these things scare you everytime they run..lol 140dB at idle 80HP power output at the wheels and it olny weights 100Kg with full tanks and if has a loss in oil can destroy itself in a matter of a micro second as at full RPM this thing is spinning around 1333 times a second. So it can kill in a flash if your not careful. But it is addictive..lol

But The reason for having the exhaust come out the side as I don't run thrust. Used to but it was slow 110Km/h max :) So I instead made a second custom turbine that I push the exhaust gas through and it spins and takes the left over energy and then that turbine is attached to the rear wheels. So then I just dump all the gas out the side and there is a duct missing in the photos that stops thehot exhaust melting the wheel..lol So I have a similar set up to a turbo prob plane motor. And now can go at INSANE speeds..lol

Cameron

Anyway back to topic..lol

Edited by camerondownunder88