Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Starting can be easy and can be hard.lol

Pretty much i turn on the master switch for everything then I turn on the oil pump. Once I have oil pressure the fuel pump comes on automaticly. Once I have all the systems primed I turn on ignition and gas warm for 12 seconds to about 400 degrees C then turn leaf blower on and as I slowly open the fuel metering valve I turn the leaf blower up slowly. And in about another 5 seconds I should go from 0 to 30,000RPM.

But a few times the start has "hung" where fuel is burning but it just doesnt spool but when it does RUN (Even comercial jets get this now and then) they generate a bit to much power..lol. But last time this happened so much fuel was burning in the jet it spooled up so fast rear wheels started spinning and it lifted off the ground from the instant increase in rotating force in the engine. So it can be hard. Starting is always the worst part if it goes good well engine should run well.

But last time too_quick saw it I was doing arebuild from a "out of temperater run"..lol I melted the stainless steel fuel manifold (well more the weld and mounts etc) so I was redesigning and also going to find a better finish for the drive turbine houseing as well paint burns and it mild steel for testing so rust to. But it is slowly coming along. Should be track ready again by the end of December :hmm:

But I run it on straight kero (jet fuel) but can burn any fuel if slightly re-tuned for it eg deep fryer oil.

I have a video here of it on a hung start jumping off the ground before I tuned it to make more power Ill try to compress it and get it some where for you to see ti run.

Cameron

P.S. I always play safe so risk of death is LOW...

Edited by camerondownunder88

But I run it on straight kero (jet fuel) but can burn any fuel if slightly re-tuned for it eg deep fryer oil.

Slight point of order, AvTur is derived from kerosene, but is not kerosene as we know it.

It's a bit like comparing unleaded with the Avgas they used to run in Spitfires.

(camerondownunder88 @ Nov 15 2006, 04:43 PM)

"in other news tonight... a very silly man was found embedded in the wall of a local shopping centre carpark. Onlookers described the incinerated corpse as barely recognisable and smelling vaguely of fish and chips."

• 3 months later...

post-1769-1174055050_thumb.jpg :P this thread needs life ...meet my GT4 1990 ST185R aussie delivered 205 AWKW @ 8000 rpm on a hybrid CT26/GT30R turbo ,264o cams ,550cc inj & link plus ECU ,i have a list if you would like i can post it up ... car was busted badly for mods & i have taken it off the road to make a dedicated track car . its in bits at the mo & will be up & running April new mods include a externaly gated GT35R turbo ,800cc inj. open exhaust & a cusco front lower brace, its made 245 kmph , & was pretty quick over 400 mtrs & has bettered a known 13 sec WRX . ok i'll post up the new look with stripped out interior & uber mods when its done in about a month . cheers dave

post-1769-1174055154_thumb.jpgpost-1769-1174055284_thumb.jpg

post-1769-1174091258.jpga few more pics , gt35r fitted just !post-1769-1174090928_thumb.jpg[Originally Posted by ToDa30/4

had the GT4 6 years ,started off with the usual mods we all do and got carried away,motor built by Chris Miltons in Adelaide ,fabrication ,install & dramas sorted by Mark Mills of MADAZ Motorsport ( Top Guy ) and myself

remote oil filter

simmons 16" F90's

Toyo Gran Trampio 225/45's

ARP fixings thru out

braided brake lines

HKS pistons

HKS valve springs

HKS 1.6mm head gasket

HKS 264o cams both sides

HKS adj. cam wheels

JUN titanium retainers

Ferera 1mm o/s s.steel necked valves

Bronze guides

TRD thermostat

Unorthodox alloy crank pulley

Fererra Alloy fly wheel

Extreme 5 puc single plate clutch ,good so far maybe twin plate latter

Speed Source braided clutch line & slave cylinder rod

Speed source brass gear link bushes

TWM short shifter

Fensport alloy pullies

RMR alloy bell mouth plenumrossmachineracing.com

stock 55mm. t/body ,have a ford 70mm to go on

Madaz custom duel feed fuel rail

800cc side feed inj.

XS hi preasure Fuel reg.

Walbro fuel pump

Aussie headers

Aussie 3" dump HPC treated modified for GT turbo outlet

3' straight thru exhaust ,with a cannon with 41/2"outlet

10mm Top gun leads

Link plus ECU

Crane ignition module

HKS elec boost control

White line full suspension kit with front strut brace

Kings super low springs

Koni adj. strut insrts

DBA slotted discs x4

lucas pads , may need to upgrade here

AH UK. Ltd FMIC 645 x 160 x 95 ,600hp rated

Garrett GT35 600hp b/bearing turbo

Tial 38mm. waste gate

twin 12" elec fans

custom 4" alloy turbo intake

K& N 4' x 5" pod

Velo rece seat

cam lok 5 pt. harness

GFB bovus maximus BOV

cusco lower front brace

custom rear strut brace

Ok thats about it plans are I'm stripping the car out to get as light as i can, will be using the car for ANDRA sports compact Sports AWD class , run it at mallala & the collingrove hill climb, i had to put the project aside but am now back into it ready for the track april 07attachment=13251:Picture_128.jpg]

post-1769-1174091045_thumb.jpg

Edited by ToDa30/4