Everything posted by Doogs
-
Ke35 - 4agze On Its Way
And I agree as well ! Very nice mate, the stripe and rims do it for me :)
-
Ke20 Front Seat Upgrade
Here you are godlovesugly.
-
Ke20 Front Seat Upgrade
Ryan, could you PM me some pics ? Mitch yours look like a good comprimise, not to modern and out of place but comfy. Will look into those some more.
-
What Got You Into 'rollas?
When I was younger a friend of a friend had a KE55 as a paddock bomb and I had admired it for quite a while. Then through extensive surfing of the net i discovered the TE27s and became hooked. I had known that I wanted something older that was fun and easy to work on, but did not really want a huge fuel bill like my mates in Toranas and GT Falcons. This kind of rolla filled my needs; >Cheap >Light >RWD >Looks cool I did not find out for a while that the 27 were not available in Aus, and when I did I figured that a KE15/17/20/25 would be the next best thing. So here I am now with a KE20 :)
-
Carmen The Ke20
Pity about the cops, at least they did not canary you though. Glad to hear it :)
-
68 Ke10
What a transformation ! Very thorough and tidy job. Great work :)
-
Ke20 Front Seat Upgrade
What other seats have people used ? I think I might do the swap as well, as mine are a bit worn. How much were yours Doug ? (If you don't mind me asking)
-
3rd Annual Great Ocean Rd Cruise!
Both Apollo Bay and Cape Otway are good places to stay. I can vouch for the camping grounds at each of these towns.
-
Rotary Question
From my understanding a rotary's fuel economy vs capacity is pretty crap compared to a standard piston engine. Anyway, in general more power = more fuel used !
-
Pics Of My '74
Very tidy mate, great car :D Are the engine internals stock standard, or have you done some work to them ? What are your future plans for this car ?
-
Ke35- 4agze
Looks great. I agree about the rims, they really look the part. :D Good luck at the engineers.
-
Raven's Ke25 Corolla Memorial Rebuild - Now Parting Out
Sweet, they will certainly look the part. :D
-
Velcro Tape
Yeah some I have had previously had little rubber spikes in the back, and we had no trouble with them moving about.
-
3rd Annual Great Ocean Rd Cruise!
Sweet as, I am there :D
-
3rd Annual Great Ocean Rd Cruise!
Interested in coming, so long as my rolla is on the road and its not too close to end of year exams :D What approx date are you thinking ?
-
All Members To Read !
Lol. A decent LSD is much better suited to street driving. They will lock up when need be but not chirp around every damn corner like a locked one would.
-
Carmen The Ke20
Love the sidepipe :D Sounding good.
-
People + Faces + Cars
Hey, should have put this up a while back. Username : Rad Rolla Real Name: Dougal (Beleive it or not!) Nickname : Doogs Ride/daily(eventually) : '73 KE20
-
Hey There Rolla Fans
Sweet, another melbourne member. Welcome to rollaclub :D
-
All Members To Read !
KE70.............. the watersport machine ! :D Awesome fun. Thats the only way my mate can get his '59 Hillman Minx sideways. I now owe him a 6 pack because he could 180 it. (it was in the wet)
-
Velcro Tape
I have used it at school to help with building model solar cars, to attach panels etc. We used to get big rolls of the stuff for our purposes and it was fairly good. I am not sure where our teacher got it from though..... Maybe bunnings, lincraft or spotlight ? I am guessing that lincraft or spotlight might sell it because it is a crafty kinda thing.
-
Carmen The Ke20
Thanks tate, thats a useful thread.
-
Hey There Rolla Fans
Where are you from etc....
-
Carmen The Ke20
Lol, Nice. Grille certainly looks good, it is amazing the difference these little cleanup jobs can make. I was not too sure about the red surrounds at first, but they have grown on me. Out of interest, where did you get the cam done Tate ? (I need to find a place for when I build my motor)
-
Be Gentle I'm New
If you want it to be fast, save your money and do this. don't bother with an interim fix. It is $300 more you could put into the silvertop build. Beware of trying to do things cheaply, regardless of what road you choose to take the $ will all add up. A build may start with the intention of being cheap but if you ''just do this'' and ''just do that'' but ''did'nt think of that'' you will end up spending much more than you originally thought you would.
