Everything posted by SLO-030
-
Ca18De Ke70 Build
Looking good Jack! That 4K i got off you is rotting away in the back yard haha.
-
Ke20 Chassis Probs ( Is It A Game Breaker)
If you can, get a hold of some thicker sheet metal (3mm) and make some weld in braces for the affected areas. Probably best to do it where it broke and the same spot on the other side. Really looks as if its been towed from that side and popped the spot welds. Although, 40yrs of Australian roads are going to take their toll on a car held solely together with spot welds.
-
Joshs Ke36 Panelvan Project.
Have you had a go at polishing up the taillight lenses? I usually use California Gold "Purple". Worked well on my TE27 Trueno taillights.
-
5K Cam Hep?
The Turbo 7K KE25 has adjustable rocker gear and hydro lifters to adjust preload.
-
Crowie'S Ke38 Wagon
Greenmac80 used an AE71 front tailsshaft yoke on my old KE38 tailshaft when he fitted his T50 backed 4E-FE. No shortening required. Fusion put a 3T/T50 into his KE30. Lining up the mounts with the exisiting KE crossmember, he had to shorten the tailshaft by 30mm. Which happens to be exactly how much further forward the mounts on a TE crossmember are compared to a KE crossmember. So really, depending on the positioning of the engine. You could get away with only swapping the front yoke of the tailshaft. EDIT: You could fit an under car surge tank up behind the fuel tank. There would be enough space for one. It'd be neatly (and safely) tucked up out of harms way. Plus it would eliminate the fuel system from being inside the car at all.
-
What Badge Is This From?!
Definatly looks like its from around the KE30/55/65 era. I'd say it'd be TE3x or KE6x Or i could be completely wrong :glare:
-
Crowie'S Ke38 Wagon
No problemos! I would tap the lift pump into the original main outlet. Wagon tanks have 4 or so inlet/outlets on them. Unless you want to go to the lengths of having a "sump" welded into the bottom of the tank. Virtually eliminates the need for a surge tank.
-
Crowie'S Ke38 Wagon
http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/17418-how-to-set-up-your-fuel-system/ :)
-
T Series Diff Inner Axle Pops Out. Weird Problem! Pics
KEI069 sounds pretty spot on. Remove the retainer plate, slid the axle etc out. make sure you find all the bits if something has exploded. Check the surface of the wheel bearing mounting position on the axle. Preferably get a micrometer onto it to check if it has worn down in diameter. If all is ok, replace wheel bearings (preferably both) If not, look for another axle and replace bearings.
-
New Sa/adelaide Members - Post Here First
I bet!
-
Slo-038 + 10Psi
Ah, well then. Must have been a couple of blokes dying on bikes :P Yea, Just a daily. Picked it up cheap, will be better on fuel than the wagon.
-
New Sa/adelaide Members - Post Here First
Ahh, I remember that car, back when it had the 22R-TE
-
The Rwd 2Az-Fe Thread.
NOM NOM NOM NOM :cool:
- Sr20 Conversion To Ke55 Plus Rebuild Plus Pimpage
-
What Grinds My Gears.
Pretty much whats going on. Feels like I'm hot, can't do stuff all without feeling like I'm out of breath. Pretty much can only shallow breathe else I start coughing again :glare:
-
What Grinds My Gears.
Yea, yellowy-greenish crap Cheers Stu :)
-
4K
Why? Because he is telling the truth? Sure, you can build a high revving 4K for under $5,000. But, by the time you get bored of it, then spend more money on it. Rinse and Repeat. The costs start mounting. Cheap. Powerful. Reliable. Pick 2.
-
Slo-038 + 10Psi
OH! in the fluro vest, I saw ya! New struts are wicked. Picked up another car last night and my mate drove the wagon home. So I took a detour up Old Belair Rd and Main Rd. He drives a KE70 braced to the shitter, 86 struts, JDM brakes etc. He was surprised with how good it handled. :dance:
-
T50 Question
The only difference is the bellhousing. Which is seperate from the gearbox itself.
-
What Grinds My Gears.
Yea, have been coughing it up. Chest, ribs, back etc all had pain at one point or another. Haven't seen the doc yet. Generally up so late, not being able to sleep due to coughing n shit. I wake up too late to get in to the docs.
-
Supra Box Behind 4Age
I don't think there are any factory bellhousings that can be used or modified. I could be wrong. There are a few guys around here running A-W bellhousings, all aftermarket as far as i know.
-
What Grinds My Gears.
Having this ʞ©$ɟed up virus or some shit. When you get to that point where your whole body hurts from coughing so much
-
Ke38 "Brownie"
If you need bits and pieces, I may be able to help. 38 love :blush:
- Sr20 Conversion To Ke55 Plus Rebuild Plus Pimpage
-
Slo-038 + 10Psi
What car were you in? I think I went past your place at some point. Yea, bloody speedo cable. Need to change it soon, jumpy speedo n shit :glare: