Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Raven

Regular Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Raven

  1. Hmm, welding them at their full extension woudl just break them champ. You'd be bound to destroy the car with no movement in the suspension. They're built to absorb impact. Imagine what would happen to your spine, back and neck over time if the suspension was solid mounted....:D
  2. Never ever ever file down the woodruff key. Spend a few bucks and go buy a new one. Its that shape and size for a reason as it holds the timing gear pulley onto the crank.
  3. Henceforth why I said AUSTRALIAN :y: Australian standards are pretty strict when it comes to manufacturing. I should know, I made the handbrake assembly for the VE Commodore, both left and right hand drive. So if its absolute crap by our standards, I wouldnt recommend it to anyone :)
  4. What filter did you put in it before you swapped to genuine? Valvoline has been proven to be a crap filter and doesnt meet the australian standards. Ryco is good, never had an issue and AC Delco filters are 50/50.
  5. Raven replied to Jared's topic in SA / Adelaide
    This one was white and pretty neat looking and parked near the entrance to Regency Road. If that was you, it didnt look like shit to me, then again, I was driving past it, so hard to judge.
  6. Hmm, I wouldnt call it a race as I'm taking my time to do this right the first time and not do it half-assed.
  7. Its so brittle that it just smashes off anyway. I'll get a pic up of whats been removed just in the passenger side under the seat mounting points for the front seat. Came off pretty easily. I've thought about the dry-ice idea but getting it home would be an issue in itself me thinks.
  8. Raven replied to Jared's topic in SA / Adelaide
    Then you have a twin because it had everything exactly the same, even the rollaclub sticker in the same place. :)
  9. Matt: If I need a hand, I'll be sure to sing out, but everything seems to be going rather smoothly at the moment, which is a good thing. Spent 4 hours today pulling out the diff and rear suspension, removing a few more bits and pieces and discovering where it was that the car leaked water into. So this was whipped out at a leisurely pace today. Which lead to it looking something like this.... And this..... I also had the old man heat up and pop out the dent in the floor just under the passenger seat from the previous owner and we also removed the front vents, and then removed the sound deadening behind them to discover more rust holes inside the cowling (which I now know where my water leaks were coming from when the car was on the road). Nothing bigger than a fifty cent piece, but that means I may as well pull out the complete heater assembly inside the car as well so this can be welded up properly. So next weekend I'll tackle the dash and we'll hammer and chisel out the sound deadening inside the car. Happy happy fun times!
  10. Raven replied to Jared's topic in SA / Adelaide
    Pretty sure I spotted Mitch's 20 at Arndale in the car park near the cinema about 10 mins ago. :)
  11. When my Yellow 25 was on the road, I also had people asking me if I were interested in selling. When I had the red KE25, I had some dude flash his headlights to pull me over and ask me if I'd like to sell it. RA28 celica's are great too, if you like the japanese mustang styling :D It all depends how the car is presented to how it will be perceived by the public.
  12. Checked for vacuum leaks?
  13. I've heard not so good things about sand blasting and believe me, I'm weighing up my options. The only problem with soda blasting is that it doesnt remove the rust or body filler that is all over the car. It also depends on who you get to do the work. I'll personally be going around to a few sandblasters and having a talk with them and make a decision on who to consider and who not to consider when it comes to blasting the KE25, as I'm going to want someone who will take the utmost care in blasting the car, not some mcboob with a heavy trigger finger.
  14. And the slow progress continues.... Finally found a pair of ratchet axle stands today for $50 from Autobarn, so got the back end up off the ground. I then proceeded to remove the steering column, steering box, castor rods and sway bar and lastly, the engine cross-member. This was the final pic of the day. Not much to show really except that the front end is more or less completely stripped and the pic is blurry :P Next Saturday though, the diff is coming out and if I have some time, I may remove the brake and fuel lines that run from the front to back of the car.
  15. You get it back as a bare metal shell. Nothing a coat of fish oil wont fix to stop it from rusting :P
  16. Just outside the car. I thought it wasnt too bad, though the metal is pretty thin, they may warp it if they're not careful. Sodablasting on the other hand doesnt generate heat, so will have to find out how much that will cost as well. The downside to Sodablasting is that it doesnt remove rust, whereas Sandblasting does.
  17. Just to cure my curiousity, I called a Sandblasting place to see what they would charge to blast the car. Their price - $700 to do everything. :P
  18. You'd want to check out Yahoo Japan Auctions or find a website that can bid for you on it as the majority of those types of wheels are second-hand these days. If you can find them new, I'm sure a few people would love to know where you got them from.
  19. There is a mix of cars on this meet. So don't think you need a rolla to come along and enjoy yourself :P
  20. Hehe, I had issues yes, all because of a stupid inlet manifold bolt next the carb that was overlooked. Yes I still made it home, just took an extra two hours as I could only cruise at 90km/h. But if it werent for that bolt, the car would have been fine to drive over and back. Magna will prolly be going on the next one though as I doubt the 25 will be done by then.
  21. Raven replied to RA28GT's topic in Rollaclub Rides
    I wouldnt polish them until the clear coat starts lifting. Less work for yourself and they look great as it is and at the moment, without the whitewalls, its looking more JDM-spec, which is what you're aiming for anyway, right? :lol:
  22. Insurance would still pay out regardless :hmm: But yes, I agree. I might actually get some insurance. :lol:
  23. Raven replied to RA28GT's topic in Rollaclub Rides
    I'm interested to know why you'd want to run flares as it looks pretty neat as it is?
  24. So my $900 from K.Rudd rolled into my bank account today. Tomorrow I find out the name of a Soda Blaster who lives around the area near where I work. Following that, I may need a little more cash and then the car gets soda blasted once the diff is out and all fuel lines have been removed.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.