Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Raven

Regular Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Raven

  1. Raven replied to Murd 55's topic in Rollaclub Rides
    Sidchrome have a lifetime warranty. Take the dodgy socket back and get it replaced. ;)
  2. I would be either doing it properly or not at all dude. If you're going to go to the extent of converting to trailing arms, how are you going to stop lateral movement? You'd then have to set up a panhard rod to stop lateral movement in the rear end and well, if you're going to go to all that trouble, you may as well convert it to a four link rear anyway.
  3. Just to clear things up, the 36 panel vans never had a rear demister ;)
  4. Mmmmm, that esky is hot. My sis used to have a 4 door one of those, but it was a Ghia. Used to stick to the road like shit to a blanket.
  5. Cheers! Yeah, I'll probably fill in all the extra holes that arent used and smooth it out a little. :bash:
  6. - The Rolling Frame - Today was spent picking up some steel, 300kg-rated swivel castors, two lengths of threaded rod and 20 nuts and washers to create what you see below. The 300kg-rated swivel castors... The threaded rod... The 50mmx50mm box tubing... The start of making the frame Yep, I'm using this image twice to show the progress! Welding on the swivel-castors... The base assembled! We then drilled and attached the threaded rod, making the whole assembly height-adjustable :bash: So thats the end product, I'll get better pics on Monday if I'm down that way. After that was done, the old man proceeded to remove the rusted battery tray. The area had been plated before, but hasnt been done to the standard I want it to be done at. Grind grind, cut cut! The hole in the bodywork where the rusted metal was cut out (more to be done next weekend when we drill out the spot welds to remove the rest of the bracket). The removed rusted metal bits. Nice!
  7. Honestly, we all just need to sit back and wait and see. To the dude who's doing this, start a project thread for your car and show us the progress pics as I'd be very interested in seeing how this turns out. :bash:
  8. Nice find! I owned a KE36 Blind Panel Van a little over two years ago now. You wont fit in the back, trust me, I tried haha. False floor and then a mattress and it may be a difference story though. :bash:
  9. Hmm, took me a good 2-3 hours I reckon until I got the hang of taking off real big bits right at the end. If you ever need a hand doing that, let me know :bash:
  10. Yep, sure does. Gonna have to find someone who's willing to fix it as well and do a proper job of it. Might wanna show your mum's b/f the pics and see if he's capable of welding in some new metal for me Lexxi :bash:
  11. You need a valve spring compressor to do it. With the right tools, it should take you no more than 20 mins to change all the valve stem seals over.
  12. Thats my birthday, but I wont be attending as I'll be out getting shitfaced instead :rolla:
  13. I wont be any help either, being part italian, the weddings I've been to have all been fully sick subwoofah stylez and the food is all italian based dishes. :rolla:
  14. I bought it from Dry Ice Supplies on Commerical Road at Port Adelaide, across from Hungry Jacks. Its actually a fishing store, believe it or not, but they sell the stuff for $12.00 per block. Also good fun for putting in hot water when you have some left over.
  15. These are two of the three major rust holes in the car that I knew about and that roof one is going to take someone a pretty penny to sort out, thats for sure! The car is now ready for sandblasting and soda blasting, but first I want to save up a little bit more cash so I can take it elsewhere to get the rust sorted. Enjoy!
  16. Thats all the sound deadening I wanted removed, so next, my old man and I got started on the rust!
  17. So today, I bought 3 blocks of dry ice for a total of $36.00 and here's the progress...
  18. Tomorrow comes the dry ice! Stay tuned!
  19. Raven replied to Murd 55's topic in Rollaclub Rides
    Yet I bet its still quicker than most of the corolla's on here :P I hate FWD too, but when you're doing a ground up rebuild, sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and drive something you particularly don't love in order to get your pride and joy to where you want it to be. ;) My magna sucks, I hate it, it has a heap of get up and go in it though, but I'll be sticking with it until the KE25 is done, then it will be sold to make way for a MkIII Supra ;) So don't bag her for driving a Nissan. You own a Holden, go figure :P
  20. Raven replied to Murd 55's topic in Rollaclub Rides
    I look forward to seeing the progress :dance:
  21. Yeah I replied back to the email. That price was for me to trailer it out there. With the 911, you can sodablast it without removing panels and the soda doesnt damage any of the trim etc apparently.
  22. Cheers for reading! *******UPDATE******* Have now COMPLETELY stripped the interior, finished off stripping the engine bay and completely removed the fuel and brake lines from the front to rear of the car. I'm going to take the path of obtaining some dry ice and finish stripping out the sound deadening inside the car and then it will be off for sand and soda blasting. Before I got stuck into it today.... The interior completely stripped out The old man removing the dents in the cowling from when the bonnet came up last.
  23. law enforcement officer :D
  24. Raven replied to Jared's topic in SA / Adelaide
    That would more than likely explain it. Not a huge fan of the sun visor though. :D

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.