irokin

Members dont see this ad
  • 3 weeks later...

Name: Dougy

Car: KE26 Panelvan (windowless)

Car Name: ????????still haven't named this beast yet

Year: 1974

Motor/box : Stock 3K/4 speed

Wheels : 12" stockies with centre caps (new tyres)

Plans for the near future : Strip all panels off, fix the minimal rust, paint underbody suspension etc,

rub body back and respray, put some wider rims on maybe 13's

post-3246-1216167821.jpgpost-3246-1216167833.jpg

post-3246-1216167869_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

i don't think ive done one of these yet....

Name: Paul

Car: 73 KE20

Motor & Driveline: 3T and T50.

Suspension & Brakes: the guy i bought it off said something about changing the struts but i wasnt paying attention. still got the 4x110 hubs so not much has been changed.

Wheels & Tyres: 14x7 somethings on it at the moment

Interior: seats from something else and a centre console from something else. i changed the carpet but want to go back to black carpet soon.

Body: fairly straight body, only one ding from my drunk cousin falling into my car. put some fender mirrors on her for that old school look, best money i spent on the car so far.

Other: its got a fully sick air horn that demands respect

101-0105_IMG.jpg

101-0107_IMG.jpg

future plans include putting in a 3t that i am rebuilding with twin mikuni solex carbs, new pistons, mild cam etc etc

and some SSR mark IIs when i upgrade to bigger brakes and 4x114.3

EDIT: and lower it, but the wheels on it at the moment don't allow me to lower very far so need some new wheels first.

i don't plan on getting big HP out of this car or spend big $ on it. i just want a really clean old car that sounds good, looks good and gets the nod from other KE owners. this car is also the first car ive ever touched with a spanner so its a good place to learn, and when i do fix things its a good feeling. oh what a feeling :bash:

Edited by godlovesugly

Name: Mike (New Zealand)

Car:1974 Ke20 4 door

Powerplant

5k, Kellford Race Cam, Delloro sidedrafts, Shaved head, Match ported, Rush Automotive Extrators, 2 inch exhust with single coby and standard looking sports exhust, Alloy Radiator modified to fit origanal ke20 radiator mounts and electric fan, clear distributor cap.

Transmission

Ke35 MSP Forward selector postion T50 with T - K Cable Bell housing, Excedy Clutch, Lightened flywheel, ke30 drive shaft.

Differential

U code 4.1 with U code Starlet axles and drums 4 x 114.3 PCD.

Suspension

KYB gas shock absorbers front and Koni Adjustable Shocks in the back, King springs in front, rear standard till I get some 1 inch lowering blocks made.

Rolling Stock

15 x 6 SSR Longchamps on the back Volcano 15's on the front (not for long!), 195,45,15's

Interior

Full retrim, Custom Gear Knob, Ke25 gauge cluster (soon to be replaced with Te27 200KPH guage cluster), Central locking, solex locks, courtesy light switches in rear doors, relocated squirter bootle to the boot, boot poper, Te27 three gauge centre cluster(In but yet to be wired up), Ke25 Center console with start button in it.

Exterior

H4 Semi sealed head lights, Red with a little metalic, Ke25 grill and corner garnishs, early ke20 chrome window locking strips.

Other Mods

Racing Nolathane bushes throughout, Ke35 Sway bar

Future Mods

7k, relocate battery to boot, deloom engine bay, electric boot poper, boot light attached to courtesy circuit, LSD, bear metal respray, 114.3 wheel stud conversion (half done), RCA's, JDM Wheels (half done).

nonumbersv7.jpg

nonumber2mi2.jpg

n56395618012129546065us3.jpg

Edited by modify