Trev's Ae71 Sedan Turbo Project

Trev

I received the wheels today, They are bathurst globes (i thought they were a different globe :)) so i will hopefully put them on tonight (damn pre stock take) and get some pics.

I had a quick look at them on my way out of Trev's work and they look awesome, can't wait till ya get some rubber for them and whack them on.

Des :D

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was so glad to get home and put them on:

post-1373-1182253121_thumb.jpg

Behind Shot:

post-1373-1182253232_thumb.jpg

Full lock is a squeeze :jamie:

post-1373-1182253271_thumb.jpg

225's look phat:

post-1373-1182253333_thumb.jpg

Look better lower:

post-1373-1182253385_thumb.jpg

Hopefully after the suspension is done it will reasemble this:

post-1373-1182254317_thumb.jpg

I'm happy as they are the wheels I wanted and they suit the car.

Edited by Trev

:jamie: you stole my wheels ahaha just joking. Loving them Trev, you will have to get new centre caps like i did. For mine because there preformance challengers 14 x 7, i found out they still make them and went to a tyre shop with one wheel and said could they get some in of the same, and he said there the same as the new ones...

Anyway this thing is looking hot aye, ill talk to you on msn

howee

:o you stole my wheels ahaha just joking. Loving them Trev, you will have to get new centre caps like i did. For mine because there preformance challengers 14 x 7, i found out they still make them and went to a tyre shop with one wheel and said could they get some in of the same, and he said there the same as the new ones...

Anyway this thing is looking hot aye, ill talk to you on msn

howee

Lookin at them right now :jamie:

Get the wiring harness / ECU / rest of the bits with it?

Nah, I just wanted a bare Bigport GZE, The manifolds and top mount is a bonus and what i paid is even better :lolcry:

If i was a betting man id say trev has got the wiring sitting there nearly complete. Looks good trev, good to see your doing stuff again.

Pretty much, Just gotta change the harness to coil packs and i am going to run lpg so i will get rid of the injection stuff but thats after i get the gas done.

out of interest, what are the plans for this motor? LPG + carbs + turbo?

is it the really early GZE (108kw)? or the middle one?

i'm interested in different turbo conversions on these motors as i've decided to setup a t25 i have on my smallport 16v. not going to rebuild it or anything, just run about 8-10psi with the standard compression using the haltech. However when it dies i'm going to either rebuild with GZE pistons or find a smallport GZE in the meantime.