Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trev's Ae71 Sedan Turbo Project

Featured Replies

Hey Trev did you try nuts and bolts out near the cemetary? They've never not had what i wanted.

Looking good dude :kiwi:

  • Replies 233
  • Views 92.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

Yeah thats where i got them from, I tried:

 

Mitre 10 (goodna & ipswich)

Bunnings

Autopro

Repco

Blackwoods

supercheap

& Aussie auto

 

Blackwoods was my final destination and I was told that no one will carry a fine thread metric bolt other than a bolt shop so i thought id give nuts & bolts a go.

i know si, i have brought number less amounts of bolts for bikes, and its always like 20cents with a lock nut

  • Author

They were so expensive due them being a fine threaded hi tensile metric, I used to order bolts nearly everyday at my last job and i nearly fell over when she told me the price so i just turned around and said well i need them.

 

I did alot to the harness today, I didnt realise how much more but I reckon that the harness is now 98% complete (I did say i was this far in an earlier post), I just have to remove the A/C wires from the harness and tidy the rest of it up, Should all be done tomorrow.

Edited by Trev

mmm tidy wiring. good one trev, spend the extra time and make it SHOW and the engine bay pics will be sic.

  • Author

I have had some fun so far today with the GE harness and the E7 harness, Here are a few pics:

 

This is what i have cut off the original harness (all 3):

 

post-1373-1176435190_thumb.jpg

 

The 2 wires leading out to the left is all i have to sort out and the harness is done:

 

post-1373-1176435253_thumb.jpg

 

I have taken a little bit more out of the harness since this pic:

 

post-1373-1176435273_thumb.jpg

 

Remember the old factory wiring on the firewall with the auto plug for the neutral safety switch:

 

post-1373-1176435306_thumb.jpg

 

Well i took the plug off (left wire on it so if i run the auto its there) now i have a direct start signal aswell as the temp guage and oil light wires, Reverse lights and I will use the blue wire (B+ 'key on') for igniton power to the ECU which used to power reverse switch:

 

post-1373-1176435233_thumb.jpg

 

I have run it into the cabin (looks pretty) as i am going to marry all the wires upto the GE harness:

 

post-1373-1176435214_thumb.jpg

 

I forgot to mention that the GE harness will be fed through the larger hole under the one I just used.

Edited by Trev

  • Author

I thought id give the GE harness a test fit, Can't wait until i tidy it all up and it's in there for good.

 

post-1373-1176442709_thumb.jpg

You can run the harness through the firewall on the drivers side so its hiden more and doesnt get a chance to get heat from the exhaust.

Edited by AE70

  • Author

The harness will actually sit up where the other one sits, If i put it through the drivers side it would be pointless to the setup i wanna run as i would have to extend the wires and i want it to be plug and play so its easier how it is.

looking good mate, i love a tidy engine bay

Hey Trev, loom looks great, if you want to borrow a RWD bigport manifold to get this going I may be able to help, I think the one I gave to a mate is gonna sit around for atleast another 6 months yet, which would give you heaps of time to score a cheap one.

  • Author
Hey Trev, loom looks great, if you want to borrow a RWD bigport manifold to get this going I may be able to help, I think the one I gave to a mate is gonna sit around for atleast another 6 months yet, which would give you heaps of time to score a cheap one.

 

I have 1 but its on a boat or somewhere on its way from Canada:

 

2007/03/06 09:11 International item has left Canada and is en route to destination

 

I'm hoping it gets here soon but i can't really do anything until I get a T50 but i also wanna get GE RWD water plumbing and alternator bracket, If i run into trouble with the manifold i know where to go tho, Thanks Brad.

No worries, btw you can get away without the RWD altenator braket and water housings pretty easily, I think they sit in a similar spot to the 20V's. I was quoted $120 for a genuine rear housing and water pump from Anthony Kellam if you're not willing to run an external thermostat, may be worth looking into as it's half what toyota wants.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.