Trev

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love ya work Trev - can't wait to see this in the flesh :no2: !!!!!!!!!

I'm thinking of having a rollaclub BBQ at my joint soon, All will be welcome so if you come you will be able to see it :y:

Just hurry up Trev. Lol!!!

Well i wish i had more than 1.5 days a week off work so i could do work to it :wink:

intercooler would look wicked painted black!

I have contemplated it but I'm not sure what I could coat it in that will have the same efficiency as bare alloy.

Trev, its gonna be sweet! I hope your out the back right now working on it. Don't make me come out there...

Nah i was at the willowbank winter nats, Willowbank is my 2nd home, You should know that.

Nah I reckon he has slacked off and waiting for a few little parts, hey T-rev. Let me know and I'll drive round the corner and help out if ya want...

Yeah I'm slack, Hopefully the wheels will come by friday, bit of a delay with the long weekend.

Did a little bit more today but spent most of the time on 1 of my other seca's, Thanks to Slim (4AGES) for comin round again.

Took the bumper off aswell so i could mark up the cooler brackets:

post-1373-1181565553_thumb.jpg

Here is the bonnet, radiator panel and grille support all marked up ready for mod which i will hopefully do at work tomorrow:

post-1373-1181565648_thumb.jpg

post-1373-1181565675_thumb.jpg

And what i am hoping to achieve:

post-1373-1181565721.jpg

Any ideas on what to paint the intercooler in, I am lost for ideas, I was thinking anodising but i want a matt finish.

Edited by Trev

I'm fairly sure you can get black anodizing done.

Any ideas on what to paint the intercooler in, I am lost for ideas, I was thinking anodising but i want a matt finish.
Anodising will still be shiny,

Could you just use normal paint? As radiators seem to be just painted with normal paint and still seem to work ok.

I could but i don't really wanna, A radiator is designed to be warm so it don't matter if it is painted, If i paint the intercooler thick it wont have the air sweeping past the naked alloy and dissapating the heat like it should and if the paint is to thin it will flake.

Trev,

You can get black anodizing done AND you can get it done so there is no shine to it so you get matt black anodizing. But anodizing can cost a bucket load but you can do it your self at home if your keen. Nice glass fish tank a few car batteries etc you'll be able to do it ;)

Cameron

Trev,

You can get black anodizing done AND you can get it done so there is no shine to it so you get matt black anodizing. But anodizing can cost a bucket load but you can do it your self at home if your keen. Nice glass fish tank a few car batteries etc you'll be able to do it ;)

Cameron

I will see what happens.