Best Engine For Ke70

h1_roll4

the shifter need slightly relongated to the rear a bit... and u still have to drill holes for the hydraulic clutch pump.. not a big deal...

check out "gilly in projects page" at KE70.com.. he's got nice info and pics...

• 3 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about 1rz 2000cc 2rz 2400 or3rz 2700cc hilux motors, i,ve just finished putting a 2710cc in a ke30 & they fit like they were made to be there, got photo,s if anyones interested, much better fit than nissan

Edited by curly

the chaps in the states love the 3RZFE (that said they like the 22RE and the 3T way too much for my liking) and feed them monster amounts of boost.

some pis and a writeup'd be great.

At the end of the day your budget will dictate everyting. The CA in my TA22 is a beast, the E7X chassie is very similar so results would be similar, paulie would be able to argue that point for me. My RT40 corona is getting a 4AG on twin 40's, and I've driven rotary corolla's. Each have their stocg points, and each their weak.

if you're in the easten states, legallity is a big concern due to roadworthys. rotary swaps into rolla's are now gennerally frowned upon by the occ' healt and safty people.

Expect a CA18DET conversion to cost more than >$3000+ tuning+ the fact you want more and the engine can deliver more so you go looking for more. 4AGE swap will be cheaper as you can pich parts from AE71's, but remember going from carbie to EFi is a pain in the bum. Carbie 4AGE's can be done (I'm doing one,) but it's not the most trouble free approach as tunine is expencive.

My Advice The reason I bought my CAA22 was because someone else ahd done all the hard work (fitting the CA18DET into a TA22shell with the EFI gear, cooler, computer, surge tank, etc...,) all I had to do was turn the key. Work out your total budget (include the saleable value of your car in this) and see what's on the market. Toymods is a great place to look. You might need to save a little, but for $5-6000 there are some great cars around.

Buy someithng that is already done and save the hassle. in most cases you end up saving a whole heap of cash and best of all a whole bunch of time.

Cheers

Jordan

• 2 years later...

:happy: :lolcry: :lolcry: :lolcry: :lolcry: :lolcry: :lolcry: v6 :lolcry: :lolcry: :lolcry: oh man stiches :lolcry: :lolcry: :lolcry: :lolcry: :lolcry: = = = = = = understeer :lolcry: :lolcry: :lolcry: :lolcry: :bash: dude you have problems only you can deal with .

:happy: :lolcry: :lolcry: :lolcry: :lolcry: :lolcry: :lolcry: v6 :lolcry: :lolcry: :lolcry: oh man stiches :lolcry: :lolcry: :lolcry: :lolcry: :lolcry: = = = = = = understeer :lolcry: :lolcry: :lolcry: :lolcry: :bash: dude you have problems only you can deal with .

Maybe you should think about this and explain why a v6 would make it understeer? V6 is a tidy fit in a ke70. If you use an alloy Toyota one I can't imagine a way to get more cylinders behind the crossmember and fewer in front, and no real weight penalty.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm f@$king in the same boat as u mate I'm doing my ke70 up slowly but want the fastest engine possible thats not a rotor bcz there alot of maintinence and yeh i want a sr20 thats the go i think its quicker than the ca18 and 4age but so happens is the most work to get into them

i agree that if your going to go far enough to pull out n fuk around with it all why not just do the difficult sr20 anyway

thats just my 3 cents lol

i put a 3tgte in mine. engine/box bolts in using a mix of factory parts. supra box that is. then did 7.5" lsd diff conversion to finish it off. sourcing parts in aus probly the hardest part. a little bit bargey if you don't have the right suspension. having rack steering requires a few mods.

my preferred engine.. turbo a 4agze

A 3Turn RC motor has more grunt than my 4k did, but a set of extractors, lumpy cam, new head and a full port and polish including full balancing of everything. Makes a difference.... BUT like fcuk I'd spend the time and money doing that shit again. 4agze block with 20v 4a head and a t series turbo strapped replacing the SC. You want power grab an IS300 lexus and turbo charge the 2jz.

Rover all alloy 3.5L V8, Toyota 1G..why not the BMW guys get a six in there E30. if your worried about understeer sort the suspesion out to suit the engine change.

Dropping a powerful engine into a KE70 without thinking about will it stop or body roll like a boat needs to be considered amongst other things.

so your saying a ca18 with rb20 mounts will bolt straight into a ke70 or anything that had a 3-4-5k and all you need to do is sort out the gearbox x menber?

KE70 is different to all other K-series engine mounts. I'd probably say the same for the Van's which had K engine's in them, but I've

never been in the engine bay of one of them. The KE70 mounts are about 30-50mm longer on each side, so I'm assuming they're

only on the subject of CA > KE70 here. Engine mounts aren't expensive to make up when put into the bill of a whole engine conversion.

I'd say gearbox crossmember AND mounts no more than $500 on top of a $4000+ engine conversion if made at a shop.

Back on topic to subject;

If you're looking to do an engine conversion, you're not going to find your answers sitting on a computer chair and typing into a keyboard

without pissing people off. You'll only get a biased view from everyone and turn it into a big argument about Nissan versus Toyota. Find out

what sort of power each engine has been making --> Look at the sorts of mods that have been done to each engine to achieve that power -->

have a stab at what each of these mods cost on TOP of conversion guesstimate --> twiddle your fingers --> conclude.

Edited by seabiscuit

You need to add up other factors than just the motor.

I've got an AE71 with a 4age that I bought already converted. Spun a bearing and decided to rebuild it myself mainly for the learning experiencing and with machining and all the parts that came in at just under a grand :D

I will be converting to SR20DET at some stage. Primarily for the fact they are the best bang for buck, and have cheap gearboxes to match. If you want to start chasing power and you probably will the T50 is not going to play nice. Factor in the cost of a W5x or some other gearbox conversion and it starts to add up.

There's a white KE70 on Youtube SR20 with stock turbo, zorst, cooler, and ECU running 11.6 quarters without a hassle. That pretty much sold me on the idea.

cheers.

the 4age is my choice but there arnt to many engine importers around where i am so prices are stupidly high.

if i did get a 4age what would be the approx price of getting it all in there?

hay bud i am in the middle of putting a 4age into my flat front 70 and i have spent about 2 grand atm just gathering things and i still have plenty more to go

TOO SETTLE ALL DEBATES IF YOU CAN GET AN S13 CROSSMEMBER FOR AN SR OR CA USE AN SR OR CA S13 CROSSMEMBER ELONGATE 2 HOLES 2 OR 3MM AND NO NEED FOR CUSTOM ENGINE MOUNTS ONLY CUSTOM GEARBOX CROSSMEMBER IT'S WHAT I'M GONNA DO TO MY 70 WHEN I BREAK MY 4AGE :D