What Grinds My Gears.

^^^

I got pulled over three times by my stalker cop, it annoyed the crap out of me so much I went to the police station to complain about him. Luckily I know the policemen at the station I went to, because he gave it to me straight.... basically it went like this "this policeman keeps pulling me over for nothing! It's embarrasing and then he doesn't even give me a ticket!" Mr Policeman: well Lesley, he's obviously not pulling you over for nothing, and you're lucky he's not given you a ticket.

Fair call, *I* think it's stupid that I got pulled over for having my driving lights on....but they ARE illegal and I COULD have been given a ticket, even though I *DID* give the policeman a hard time....I was lucky. This last year, I've been a bit more sedate....

I was watching uh Highway Patrol or something, it's about the NSW Police Highway patrol, MAN they get given a LOT of crap!!!! And when you're in trouble and you need them, they're there, I appreciate their role in society :jamie:

Members dont see this ad

Yeah been watching the same show on and off. Last nights one was a hoot with the lady copper giving a beat up ae92 seca a good going over. I think next weeks eppy should be interesting - i'm pretty sure the young hoon they had on the preview was off the forum. He was standing next to the back window of his car and i swear i saw a RollaClub sticker :dance: :jamie:

You know what grinds my gears? Young blokes who are always on about the bad attitude cops have towards young blokes.

the irony is that the Young Blokes attitude towards the coppers is equally as bad. :jamie:

Not ripping into you rich; I was just the same 10 years ago, cops were always busting my totally innocent balls for no reason.... They seem much more chilled out these days funnily enough?!

On average, the fuzz have become pretty lenient, with the exceptions of course.

They're gonna pick on cars that are "different" because they are. Or if they think you're going to do something stupid. And lets face it, we are going to do something stupid unfortunately. I know I do :dance:

WGMG: is the coppers that really do just want to pick on you...

Ditto. Give someone attitude and you are going to get it back. Doesnt matter what it is.

Unless you get someone on a bad day.

The attitude of the officer i got when i was defected in my driveway was nothing but appauling.

I was nothing but co-opperative and respectful (seriously). All i got back was attitude and rude comments.

Yes, i do think i got him on a bad day. but if he's going to act like that towards someone while doing his day job i think he should have called in sick.

anyway, WGMG. not having a rotiserie or 2/4 post hoist. Doing rust repairs under the bum of a corolla while laying on your back sucks the nut.

I've driven highly modified cars for close enough to 20 years.

In that time I've never been defected and lost a total of 2 points to speed cameras.

It's all about attitude and respect

Ditto. Give someone attitude and you are going to get it back. Doesnt matter what it is.

Also helps if you know some of the rules.... :jamie:

How a well cop treats you is directly proportional to how well you treat them.

There is the odd exception, and in those cases if you truly were burned you can apply through freedom of information for the transcript and tapes of your encounter. If you have been treated unjustly (and the tapes reflect it) you can refer the problem to the crime and misconduct commission for investigation. When the cop isnt a cop anymore you win.

Most are business like, cordial and push the odd button to get a response. You could always try the old, "Oh no, will this ticket affect my chance to become a police officer?" and hope they side with you a bit and take a shine to you.

WGMG is the blokes next dooe building the house, its not nice or legal to be woken at 6am each morning by earthmoving equipment. I mean the yard is 5 x 12 metres, how many bobcats do you need?

How a well cop treats you is directly proportional to how well you treat them.

There is the odd exception, and in those cases if you truly were burned you can apply through freedom of information for the transcript and tapes of your encounter. If you have been treated unjustly (and the tapes reflect it) you can refer the problem to the crime and misconduct commission for investigation. When the cop isnt a cop anymore you win.

Most are business like, cordial and push the odd button to get a response. You could always try the old, "Oh no, will this ticket affect my chance to become a police officer?" and hope they side with you a bit and take a shine to you.

WGMG is the blokes next dooe building the house, its not nice or legal to be woken at 6am each morning by earthmoving equipment. I mean the yard is 5 x 12 metres, how many bobcats do you need?

Three??

I've driven highly modified cars for close enough to 20 years.

In that time I've never been defected and lost a total of 2 points to speed cameras.

It's all about attitude and respect

+1

don't drive around with cut springs, stockies, seat the way back nd obey the law and you wont get a second look by the coppers

WGMG: Vet bills....

I took my dog to the vet to have him groomed as he found something dead somewhere and rolled in it....and I wasn't touching him...gross little dog... ANYWAY he has this thing growing out of his tail, it looks like a claw, but it's actually hard hairs or something that looks like a nail, and I was brushing his tail and it got caught in the brush and I managed to pull it off, (I didn't realise it was attached), ANYHOO he's had two more grow since then and I've had the vet look at it once before and had the dog tested etc., and this current one I left on to show the vet SO i had the old one in a baggie and showed it to the vet, meanwhile the dog is going spastic cause he needs to pee (he'd been at the vet's all day) but he never left the floor of the vet's office and, all i wanted to ask him was if my dog could have an operation to remove whatever is making it grow, answer: YES; it took under 3 minutes.

I paid the bill, was distracted cause the dog was going nuts needing to pee, and I got a quote for the dog's operation...$401! just going through the paperwork (today's been a HUGE day) and they charged me $58 for a consult... less than three minutes, and he didn't even look at the dog, just answered my question.... I'm slightly pissed off!