Custom Built 4k Upright Motor Fitting

You realise with the amount of dicking around you're doing for something "custom" (read: copy what everyone else has done) you could quite easily put a 4A-GE in....or even an SR20DET and have far more than double the power output of the pathetic K motor. The only reason you'd do so much work to upright them and make that little bit more power is if you had no other option due to class rules. Save yourself the headache and just do an engine conversion. I'm not even going to start picking holes in your plans....just too many.

you think this is easier than a sr20det ah hahaha what about all the engeneers reports and everything needs to be worked. leest my way looks stock and cops wont pick on me!

FYI! I'm NOT DOING THIS FOR THE POWER DUDE. f@$k me six ways from sunday don't you get it yet and its for the people who might like to put the twin side drafts on later cos they don't have that kind of cash. shit if you aint got nothing good to say don't say nothing at all, pleas, you just make it so negative + i don't have $2000 for a nissan front cut + a new diff and suspension units. and you say my way is harder. noobe!

as for the diagram from felix that does help me out so thanks i can see the position of the oil pick up so i only have to drope that an inch of so.

and careful what you say about the K motor, you will upset a lot of K lovers so yea...

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHA I like K motors cause there simple..LOL A twit who sits in an office all day can fix one I get my brain overloaded fixing real engineering at work so I like K motors for being simple.

Agree with Felix but die grinder and casting flash get rid of it. I have a 5K head at home huge amount on it where oil drains back so worth starting there also.

And if your oil is rushing to the back of the head and sump when you up right the motor oil will still rush backwards in the sump. So I would still install baffles as if motor is out id work on the lot down there and make it all work properly.

Cameron

the pistons are pushed in to the bolck on there way up on the stroke, this wears down the rings.

No.....

If the crank was off centre to the bore then yes but its pushing the piston straight, If you have excess wear on your piston from it being pushed into the bore then you have different dramas.

suit your selvs, there is nothing stoping me from doing this, and making a few more kits, as for when its finished i might consider posting a pick or 2, but with no real info of course. :no2:

consider this post closed with no further information from me as of now.

there will be no finished product info on this when its done, just a cupple of dodgy pick of me working. :yes:

good day people. :poke:

shane'0... :D

You are a cockhead, first you come on here claiming some stupid power out of a stocko 3k,

Then, in this thread, you insult the people on here that actually have a clue.

Noone gives a shit about your upright 3k, the reason it hasnt been done by everyone,

is because there is no advantage in doing so, and if people wanted to do it they would,

they don't need your stupid dumb ass help.

:no2: :poke: :D :yes:

You realise with the amount of dicking around you're doing for something "custom" (read: copy what everyone else has done) you could quite easily put a 4A-GE in....or even an SR20DET and have far more than double the power output of the pathetic K motor. The only reason you'd do so much work to upright them and make that little bit more power is if you had no other option due to class rules. Save yourself the headache and just do an engine conversion. I'm not even going to start picking holes in your plans....just too many.

OR maybe they wanna think outta the square, be different. how do u think people like Chip Foose, Boyd Coddington, Dr Felix Wankel, Einstien, Henry Ford, Alexander Graham Bell, etc. etc. became famous?? BECAUSE THEY DID THINGS THEIR OWN WAY, and achieved something.

you think this is easier than a sr20det ah hahaha what about all the engeneers reports and everything needs to be worked. leest my way looks stock and cops wont pick on me!

FYI! I'm NOT DOING THIS FOR THE POWER DUDE. f@$k me six ways from sunday don't you get it yet and its for the people who might like to put the twin side drafts on later cos they don't have that kind of cash. shit if you aint got nothing good to say don't say nothing at all, pleas, you just make it so negative + i don't have $2000 for a nissan front cut + a new diff and suspension units. and you say my way is harder. noobe!

as for the diagram from felix that does help me out so thanks i can see the position of the oil pick up so i only have to drope that an inch of so.

and careful what you say about the K motor, you will upset a lot of K lovers so yea...

gotta agree with shane there,

Look at how many people have gone and put a 4A-GE into a older rolla and then look at how many people have gone and uprighted the good ol K engine.

some people are happy on what they are givin and want to improve what they have.

MMkay I'll just sit back and laugh then.

I think most mature K motor owners are ready to admit that they aren't exactly an engineering masterpiece.

I though that this was a corolla forum not a bag the shit out of people what wanna do somethin different to their corolla forum? i agree that is not the best motor out there, no motor with a V/E under 100 will ever be a master piece. stop baggin people that are tryin to do something with what they have.

HAHA I like K motors cause there simple..LOL A twit who sits in an office all day can fix one I get my brain overloaded fixing real engineering at work so I like K motors for being simple.

Agree with Felix but die grinder and casting flash get rid of it. I have a 5K head at home huge amount on it where oil drains back so worth starting there also.

And if your oil is rushing to the back of the head and sump when you up right the motor oil will still rush backwards in the sump. So I would still install baffles as if motor is out id work on the lot down there and make it all work properly.

Cameron

THANK YOU

You are a cockhead, first you come on here claiming some stupid power out of a stocko 3k,

Then, in this thread, you insult the people on here that actually have a clue.

Noone gives a shit about your upright 3k, the reason it hasnt been done by everyone,

is because there is no advantage in doing so, and if people wanted to do it they would,

they don't need your stupid dumb ass help.

:no2: :poke: :D :yes:

MATE, if noone gives a shit which obviously u don't, why the f@$k are u posting in this thread anyway? maybe some people don't have the resources to do this kind of stuf themselves. Shanes already said hes not doing it for a power boost hes said it over and over. Last thing get it right i do belive its an upright 4K thread not 3k.

END OF RANT, thank you for listening boys and girls.

CHEERS

Ryan

Edited by KE25 KID

If you're reasons for doing this are to be different, then congrats.

But if its to try and prove a point, grow the f@$k up and listen to people opinions.

You're biggest mistake is claiming this is for engine longetivity, ill be sure to let every v, boxer or flat engine layout owner know they are going to have issues doing '360's at 8000 rpm'

OR maybe they wanna think outta the square, be different. how do u think people like Chip Foose, Boyd Coddington, Dr Felix Wankel, Einstien, Henry Ford, Alexander Graham Bell, etc. etc. became famous?? BECAUSE THEY DID THINGS THEIR OWN WAY, and achieved something.

Yea you wanna know the difference between them and this guy? THEY WERE TRUE INNOVATORS!! AND...THEY USE THEIR OWN BRAIN rather than a collective forum brain.

This guys just copying every other uprighted K. Custom means something made to individual specifications. Copying someone elses design is not custom nor innovative...