Everything posted by snot35
-
Steerfast Rally Ke30 2 Door
Excellent, thank you! At the moment I have 5mm plate welded to the old seat mounts. It's not going to move, but a tad heavy :)
-
Km20 Liteace Info? Diff, Gearbox, Etc
You couldn't have made the specifications more illegible! :)
-
Steerfast Rally Ke30 2 Door
Another day another update, I wish I progressed like this! I've been wanting to do similar in my car for a while and probably push the seat rear ward on custom mounts, what have you used there, RHS and angle plate welded to some plates where it meets the sills and trans tunnel? Cheers
-
Steerfast Rally Ke30 2 Door
Oh I like that res setup! I'm taking notes :)
-
Steerfast Rally Ke30 2 Door
If you're referring to the canisters, yes, that's part of it. Mmmmm, canisters :) Looks so good!
-
Bike Carbs!
A pleasure, good luck!
-
4K Pushrods / Valve Train Geometry
Ah, yes, I forgot about those! Let us know how you go.
-
4K Pushrods / Valve Train Geometry
After skimming the head and doing the cam, shouldn't you be able to adjust the rest of it via the rocker tower heights? You'll need to bolt it all up and check out how the rocker wipes the top of the valve. You should then be able to fix it by either shaving or shimming the towers.
-
Bike Carbs!
People seem to have the most luck with the bike fuel pump. They need very little pressure. Check this: http://www.classicfordmag.co.uk/files/2011/07/CLF166.bike_.pdf
- 5K Single 40Mm Dcom Weber
-
Ke55 Race Car (Trolla)
Awesome! The rubber on these cars is getting pretty old these days, I'm not totally surprised. Was the bearing still able to turn or was it full of crud? That could also explain things!
-
Steerfast Rally Ke30 2 Door
This thing is coming together very nicely!
-
5K Single 40Mm Dcom Weber
28mm sounds kinda small for a single? I've had a single 45mm weber on a 1600 before and I reckon the chokes were around 32mm and it hadn't had the work done that you have. I would have thought 28mm would be the right size for each choke in a set of twins for a drive able 5K, bigger if you want to rev it. Remember with the 32/36 one cylinder can more or less breathe through both chokes (26mm and 27mm from memory) when the plates are fully open. With the shared single Weber you've got cylinders adjacent in firing order breathing through one choke, 28mm in this case. It's not ideal. Twins are good because they have one choke for each cylinder which is far less taxing and is good for torque. I don't think better airflow will help a lot for a single.
-
Steerfast Rally Ke30 2 Door
Looking good! That's on my list of things to do for my car. Did you use anything fancy sealer wise?
- The Feral 4K Build
-
Rear Axle U312 With T283 Lsd Internals?
http://members.iinet.com.au/~stepho/diff.htm T diffs are 6.7", U's are 6". You will have a crown wheel that is too small. It probably won't fit without at least being machined, or it may not fit at all. You'd have to check where the pinion sits in the diff, it's probably in the wrong spot.
- The Feral 4K Build
-
Steerfast Rally Ke30 2 Door
Fair enough, it's such a spindly little bit of metal!
-
Ke70 Daily. Perfictly Legal
But lets face it, if you don't draw attention to yourself they probably won't check things like that. If it's not ridiculously lowered and doesn't look silly/like a bucket of crap, you're going to have more success.
-
Steerfast Rally Ke30 2 Door
I could be wrong, but you've removed the V shaped cross brace that is behind the back seat upright. Big tank?
-
Ke70 Daily. Perfictly Legal
Go far after market springs. I'm pretty sure mine had chopped falcon springs when I got it and they were not captive. That means, if I went over a bump and unweighted the car enough they would have fallen out! Generally the law doesn't like that and I can see why. Go for some kings or something. Keep an eye out on Autobarn or Supercheap etc, they fairly regularly have 15% off Kings.
-
K Series High Volume Oil Pump
Just port it. If you're really keen you can port the whole block, as much as possible anyway (some corners you won't be able to get to). Remove sharp edges in galleries, make sure all joins are port matched. Theoretically you'll then use less power to drive the pump for a given pressure. How much you'll gain is hard to say :)
-
Webber Doce Help
I'd agree with DCOE's being a better choice if we were talking about twins, but single, I'm not convinced. You don't need the small chokes if you're only using one, they need to be larger as you're feeding adjacently firing cylinders. That they are firing adjacent cylinders isn't ideal either. I don't think you'll get that much extra performance to justify the cost. DCD's are great if you can find them and then find the appropriate parts to tune them, but DGV's are just so common.
-
Steerfast Rally Ke30 2 Door
Coming together very nicely! :2thumbs:
-
Webber Doce Help
Can't say I've noticed my DGV being boggy in the low range. I don't think there is such a thing as stock jets for a 40mm Weber, you have to ensure that you tune it for your car. I'd go for the down draught too, they're a stack cheaper than side draughts, with the change you could probably get some extractors too.