Everything posted by snot35
- How Not To Build A Rally Car
-
Newbie Here....!!!
Welcome! Have fun :)
-
The Girl's Ke70
Getting back to wheel nuts, what sort of clearance is acceptable? Found these, 16.85 shank http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CORTINA-P100-REVOLUTION-WHEEL-NUT-CHROME-M12X1-5-/281018058144?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item416dfb45a0#ht_2012wt_860 Note I haven't checked all the dimensions against my wheels, that would mean un burying them :)
- How Not To Build A Rally Car
- How Not To Build A Rally Car
-
Ke70/te72
Yep, you'll need TE72 or AE86 steering knuckles, as the bolt spacing is different. I have TE72 struts in my late KE70. I also needed to swap the strut tops as although the bolt spacing between the TE72 and late KE70 is the same, it still bolted up incorrectly. So I have TE72 struts, AE86 PS arms and KE70 strut tops on my setup. It all bolts together easily though.
-
Evski's Re55 22R Goodness
Ah yes, manifolds with build in housings suck! Can you get a pipe welded in and use a remote thermostat housing similar to what's on 4AGE AE82's etc?
-
Evski's Re55 22R Goodness
Excellent, carry on then :)
-
Evski's Re55 22R Goodness
Please tell me the plenum is bigger than what it looks.
- How Not To Build A Rally Car
- How Not To Build A Rally Car
- My Ke70 Weekend Play Thing
-
I Love K Motors
Nice. I definitely wouldn't try and dead lift a 3T!
-
My Ke70 Weekend Play Thing
I probably should put up and update, because stuff has been happening. Slowly chipping away at it. I got the motor apart. Head is warped and I had coolant that had dribbled into pretty much every cylinder. Also end head bolts were loose and middles were tight, which is consistent with how it warped. Motor and box are now out and I'm about to start pulling down the spare motor to check condition. There is an event April 24th but I'm not sure I'll have the time to get everything done. I debated just whacking the motor in and praying, but given I intend to continue driving it to and from events I might play it a bit safer. I also picked up a Wolf 2D and have been investigating fuel injection. I'm having trouble getting the Wolf to fire up though. It gets power but gives me a blank screen, so she may be a dud. It wasn't a lot of money, so I may just have to cop that one.
-
Evski's Re55 22R Goodness
Good luck with much happening at 3000 :P
-
I Love K Motors
Yeah, I reckon I could easily do it in two, especially if I had a hoist. Yep, another motor in the shed. That's the other cool thing about K motors, I got it and the box for $100, which may have even been expensive? :) I'm going to give the motor an inspection and put it in if it's OK. I'm debating making a leak down tester to check condition. Even though it's easy swapping, I have trouble finding spare time, so I don't want to have to find and swap another if I can avoid it.
-
I Love K Motors
Gearbox off, head off, stand on chassis rails and dead lift block. 1.5 hours later and I have an empty engine bay awaiting cleaning and then a new motor. Who needs an engine crane? :)
-
Steerfast Rally Ke30 2 Door
Cheers! That is some awesome info and the car is coming together very nicely!
- Flywheel Lightening
-
Steerfast Rally Ke30 2 Door
Very interesting! :)
-
Flywheel Lightening
Folks, I'm thinking about getting my flywheel lightened when the motor and gearbox comes out. Anyone done this in Adelaide and have places they can recommend? Cheers Mike
-
Structual Adhesives
Ah :) I was going to say spoked wheels can be quite strong when they're designed for the job they're supposed to do but.... that doesn't help :D
-
Structual Adhesives
Ah bugger. Any ideas why the spokes are breaking?
-
Structual Adhesives
I'm not sure what sort of trike this is, but getting decent chunks of alloy sourced and machined would be reasonably expensive? Also you're probably going to need decent areas/prepped pads for the adhesive to stick to (I would have thought?). While the lotus is glued together, they would have designed it that way from the start. Is there anywhere you can source a non spoked wheel from that's all ready to go? It might save you a bit in the long run.
-
Steerfast Rally Ke30 2 Door
I like the 1 a day philosophy. Do you have any solutions for the time sink that is children? ;)