Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

3rd Annual Great Ocean Rd Cruise!

Featured Replies

  • Replies 433
  • Views 108k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok,

 

The route I had planned at first was only looked at from Waurn Ponds, our first official meet point, just past Geelong.

From Waurn Ponds to Port Fairy via a stop at Camperdown the trip had come in at 206km and 2h 55mins. From Geelong itself if we were to head up to the hamilton highway via lismore were only up for and extra 15odd km's and about 20mins.

The main reason why the princes highway was chosen was to make the trip a little more enjoyable. We came back that way last year and there are some sights to see such as an old volcano (!) and for people that need it there are many more towns to stop for fuel in.

 

Just realised, when changing the stop from lismore to camperdown with the same start and finish there is 2km and 5mins difference. So either way we are doing the same travel.

 

I havent included other meet points for other groups around the city. It gets too complicated to organise with people coming from all over the city as well and some travelling from Torquay, Bacchus Marsh, Bendigo, Ballarat etc etc. I'm sure we can all sort that out umongst ourselves?

 

JP

second question...where in waurn ponds? the Homemaker centre? with bunnings/sca or the PB before that? the new ring rd skirts around geelong now and currently finishes at the hamilton highway- with on ramps/off ramps to ballarat rd, baccus marsh rd and the like. it also feeds directly from the freeway, thus cutting out about 17 sets of the most tedious traffic lights in the state (i sware to hunt downt he city planner responsible for traffic light sequencing). but from the sightseeing perspective, it does make sense.

second question...where in waurn ponds? the Homemaker centre? with bunnings/sca or the PB before that? the new ring rd skirts around geelong now and currently finishes at the hamilton highway- with on ramps/off ramps to ballarat rd, baccus marsh rd and the like. it also feeds directly from the freeway, thus cutting out about 17 sets of the most tedious traffic lights in the state (i sware to hunt downt he city planner responsible for traffic light sequencing). but from the sightseeing perspective, it does make sense.

Do you have a map or satelight image of that home maker center my anychance? just so i know sort of where it is?

Did i hear on the grape vine that you got your licence back?

 

I might have................ :|

 

 

Ok,

 

The route I had planned at first was only looked at from Waurn Ponds, our first official meet point, just past Geelong.

From Waurn Ponds to Port Fairy via a stop at Camperdown the trip had come in at 206km and 2h 55mins. From Geelong itself if we were to head up to the hamilton highway via lismore were only up for and extra 15odd km's and about 20mins.

The main reason why the princes highway was chosen was to make the trip a little more enjoyable. We came back that way last year and there are some sights to see such as an old volcano (!) and for people that need it there are many more towns to stop for fuel in.

 

Just realised, when changing the stop from lismore to camperdown with the same start and finish there is 2km and 5mins difference. So either way we are doing the same travel.

 

I havent included other meet points for other groups around the city. It gets too complicated to organise with people coming from all over the city as well and some travelling from Torquay, Bacchus Marsh, Bendigo, Ballarat etc etc. I'm sure we can all sort that out umongst ourselves?

 

JP

 

JP, you always organise a sweet cruise. I'm either goin with the flow or meet you there. I'm a bit unsure as we (the peninsula boys and girl) are staying in Torquay on the Friday.

 

 

Hey boys and girls. After some hard work grinding to fit the clutch i replaced the blown k50 with my original k40 :? But unfortunately won't be able to come for the whole trip as i need to be at work. I will have to come down with you on the Saturday and leave late afternoon. At least i can still say hello to all of you that i've met before and havent met at all. The 4 speed is going to make the freeway fun!

 

Matt.

 

 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not again :yes:

 

At least your coming for the day

 

 

 

 

 

LB :jamie:

Farrk. A K40 is happy with 7k hell ?

 

Yummo :jamie:

 

i CANNOT wait !

 

The k40 will be very damn happy it's getting some use and abuse and not sitting in the shed! I'll take it easy until the cruise to ensure she's reliable! :|

hey there could some one do me a favour and PM me thenobblers number i have lost it.. thanks.

Gah, I'm now fighting a vapour-locking fuel pump in hot weather along with dodgy brakes.

 

Wish me luck over the next week!

Edited by Raven

Gah, I'm now fighting a vapour-locking fuel pump in hot weather along with dodgy brakes.

 

Wish me luck over the next week!

 

don't worry mick, it'll be cold and wet like every other australia day....

  • Author
second question...where in waurn ponds? the Homemaker centre? with bunnings/sca or the PB before that? the new ring rd skirts around geelong now and currently finishes at the hamilton highway- with on ramps/off ramps to ballarat rd, baccus marsh rd and the like. it also feeds directly from the freeway, thus cutting out about 17 sets of the most tedious traffic lights in the state (i sware to hunt downt he city planner responsible for traffic light sequencing). but from the sightseeing perspective, it does make sense.

 

Hey Chief.

 

I didnt think I had replied properly! You are right, the traffic lights through Geelong are a pain in the ass. One very good reason for a meet point in Waurn Ponds is that we will then actually have a meet point... if we all hit the freeway and make our own way down there then that defies the point really, the first decent place to stop would be Lismore I think?

 

Will get back to you on that?

 

The other thing is that we have most of the peninsula crew (all of them maybe?) coming from Torquay, they will have to go through geelong the as well if we go the hamilton hwy route. Waurn Ponds is a much more central point in that reguard.

 

JP

Hey Chief.

 

I didnt think I had replied properly! You are right, the traffic lights through Geelong are a pain in the ass. One very good reason for a meet point in Waurn Ponds is that we will then actually have a meet point... if we all hit the freeway and make our own way down there then that defies the point really, the first decent place to stop would be Lismore I think?

 

Will get back to you on that?

 

The other thing is that we have most of the peninsula crew (all of them maybe?) coming from Torquay, they will have to go through geelong the as well if we go the hamilton hwy route. Waurn Ponds is a much more central point in that reguard.

 

JP

 

Howdy-

 

That would make alot of sense - given the torquay guys can turn left onto mt duneed rd, head up there till it intersects Anglesea road, then head towards geelong - round the roundabout, then first right at the lights and your there...

Gotta ask what hours I'm rostered on for. I'm definetly in for the Saturday, not sure on the other days yet. I'll probably meet you guys at the Waurn Ponds meet spot.

 

Oh, what time for the geelong meet?

What's fuel like on the G.O.R etc?? Need to run Ultimate/mobil version.

Edited by Clown

What's fuel like on the G.O.R etc?? Need to run Ultimate/mobil version.

 

There's a BP in Apollo bay. That's about all I can remember at the moment.

 

 

 

LB :|

Gotta ask what hours I'm rostered on for. I'm definetly in for the Saturday, not sure on the other days yet. I'll probably meet you guys at the Waurn Ponds meet spot.

 

Oh, what time for the geelong meet?

What's fuel like on the G.O.R etc?? Need to run Ultimate/mobil version.

Lorne has BP 95 - but is about 10 cents higher than anywhere else... Apollo bay is probably very similar (i never did check when i was there in November). I do believe Anglesea has Optimax. Colac should have what ever you need...

Cool cool, i should be allright, unless i unleash all hell, fuel should be allright. *remembers dyno day* "hey, where did that 1/4 of a tank go" heh.

Cool cool, i should be allright, unless i unleash all hell, fuel should be allright. *remembers dyno day* "hey, where did that 1/4 of a tank go" heh.

 

cressie luxo barge i'm assuming?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.