Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Car Trailer Project

Featured Replies

  • Replies 201
  • Views 113.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author
Try BMW wheels. Same stud pattern :yes:

The problem is that they need to be light truck rated as I am carrying 3550KG. I bought 5 rims all-ready the same as my Ute.

pictured in previous post with the shackle pin close is my spare tyre off my Ute.

the plan was to run light truck tyres & rims the same as my Ute so i can interchange if needed.

 

Pictured these are the rims I'm hoping to use

 

The R411 Duravis is a tyre designed for the Holden One Tonne Ute. Featuring a light truck construction, the R411 Duravis offers heavy load carrying capacity of 900kg per tyre without compromising ride comfort and handling at highway speeds.

 

Manufactured in Australia and developed for Australian conditions, the R411 Duravis is also suitable for similar vehicles requiring higher load carrying capacities. and a speed rating of 170km p/h

post-3388-1230885506_thumb.jpg

Edited by KE30_KE35_KE55

ahh, you will figure the lil problems out I'm sure :jamie:

 

shes coming along nice though :yes:

  • Author
ahh, you will figure the lil problems out I'm sure :jamie:

 

shes coming along nice though :yes:

Thanks trav, I can use 10mm spacers but its a bit dodgy. the boss and studs are plenty long enough to do it.

post-3388-1230886683.jpg

ive only heard bad about spacers, and that much weight on them :yes: :jamie: i wouldnt

 

there has to be something you can do other than spacers?

 

more offset rims?

 

surely theres a light truck rim with dish?

  • Author

Day 6 cont

I will have a think about the wheels I have a few options, I pressed on and fitted the guards and rear light holders.

post-3388-1230887847_thumb.jpg

post-3388-1230887923_thumb.jpg

gaurds look good, welds look good, even from a distance, glad to see it wasnt fully welded, was done right :yes:

Day 6,

2 big problems,

1 wheel off set ,

2 spring shackle bolt almost rubbing on tyre.

 

I spent a lot of time today working out how to overcome these problems, I ordered the axle spring set to suite holden vy tonner rims,

 

 

to fix the clearance between the tyre and shackle bolts, simply undo the bolts and feed them in from the wheel side, then it only needs to clear the head of the bolt.

 

hope that helps.

 

-dave

that trailer is going to weigh a tonne.

  • Author
to fix the clearance between the tyre and shackle bolts, simply undo the bolts and feed them in from the wheel side, then it only needs to clear the head of the bolt.

 

hope that helps.

 

-dave

 

Dave,

It will still be too close for my liking, I could also put in the lathe and face a bit off the bolt head. there are lots of options, spacers different rims.

 

I will first contact where i ordered my axles from and ask them to fix it at there cost I told them the trailer width and wheels etc.

  • Author
that trailer is going to weigh a tonne.

 

That was the plan axles and hitch rated at 3550 KG , trailer 1000 KG So carrying capacity 2550 KG

I hope it doesn't go much over 1 tonne or it will affect the carrying capacity

how you going to make the ramps

  • Author
how you going to make the ramps

 

I will finish the trailer off and paint. the ramps will need to be fabricated from 40mm .4mm wall rhs. , I am a bit worried i might go into overtime on the project.

On ya Jip :yes:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.