Car Almost Stolen

hey lads over at a mates place, went to leave and walked outside, no little corolla in the driveway, they'd pushed it down the street tried to start it, bunnyhopped a few times, broke a key or something in the ignition, absolutey yanked the head unit out and piss bolted, now I'm left with a broken barrel, might have a broken steering lock, and an unusable car till i get the ignition sorted again, lucky that I'm only missin cd player and a broken barrel and not the whole car, what do u guys do to prevent this shit, steering wheel braces are shit cause there easy to break, i will put a kill switch in it tomorrow but anything u can think of? whos had luck with solex locks, ive been told u just pop them out with a screwdriver if u try. i hope these pin dick f@$kwits who tried to flog it get some proper karma, like STDs and such.

Edited by springersrolla

Members dont see this ad

Shits rough man but at least you still got your car. I've had 2 grands worth of stereo gear ripped off out of my first car (heart breaking when you're a 17yo) and almost $2k worth of motorbike gear plus a video camera stolen out of my first ke70 from my old works so called secure car park by some junkie scum. Hope they DIAF along with your guys.

My advice is to invest in a top quality alarm. I know a lot of us are into your Rollas because they're cheap but it's money well spent IMHO. Paging technology is the way to go these days, GPS tracking is pretty close to being dead.

I bought a Rhino RAM V2 from eBay a few weeks ago for $165 delivered. :) Haven't installed it into my daily yet but depending on how involved it is I'll probably be getting another one for my other car.

1599.jpg

Yeah I hope all such people die in a fire!

In the good ol' days they would hang a horse thief, dunno why we stopped...

Still, you didn't lose the whole car- an alarm helps heaps if you're nearby, and a kill switch slows them down a minute until they find it or re-route it. The steering bar things just say "Hey I'm difficult, try the car next door without one..."

Still, you didn't lose the whole car- an alarm helps heaps if you're nearby, and a kill switch slows them down a minute until they find it or re-route it. The steering bar things just say "Hey I'm difficult, try the car next door without one..."

A mate of mine used a steering lock in his car. He never had a key for it so it was never locked but it was never even broken into for loose change.

^ lol

alarms are worthless, only time they are good if your near the car. if car alarms go off people just think it accidently went off

i just got a hidden switch for my fuel pump that i use daily and if I'm leaving my car out for a night or something i take my ecu with me

just got a hidden switch for my fuel pump that i use daily and if I'm leaving my car out for a night or something i take my ecu with me

HAHAHA mr bean style, i like it.

lucky they didnt break more things like windows and whatnot, still they deserve to be strung by their genitalia

Flashing light is a good idea. Along with what I believe to be the best deterrent is the old steering lock. If the kind of people

that steal cars see it, they won't want to go to the trouble to get around it.

A bit of a wild idea... My friend wants to hook up an alarm with 2 HOUSE ALARMS installed ;) If they get in your car, they won't

want to be in there for any more than half-a-second!

Good luck.

All you need is a flashing light in the dash to trick the dumb little shits

unfortunately from personal experience, i know that this doesnt work.

back end of year 12 had my little mazda 323, with not the best stereo but it was my pride and joy. with a nice little flashing LED on the dash. came on whenever the ignition was turned off.

some little 14yr old punk (that they caught), broke in stole all my stereo gear and few other random items. and the only way they couldnt steal the car was because i had a steering lock on it. so they just let the handbrake off and pushed it into my fence.

oh yeah i was asleep like 30m away from it too....

to the original poster, unlucky mate! but luckily you still have the car. and luckily corolla parts are cheap to replace.

btw what kind of car was it?