Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Rwd 2Az-Fe Thread.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • altezzaclub
    altezzaclub

    In 16 years time... "The Girl's AE86"

  • oh what a nissan feeling!
    oh what a nissan feeling!

    This is really really cool, thanks for sharing!   So 2.4 capacity, as light as a 4ag. Cheap as to buy. :hmm:   What are the factory powers numbers for the model you are using?

  • actually the second strongest method of clamping a crank is level with the edge of the block like that, pending how much metal is on the other side, have a look at a deisel or an F20C, they have a spl

Posted Images

I'd just go with the lighter of the two. Otherwise CP seems to be the common choice even for big budget builds.

ACL forged pistons are quite cheap. they are made by mahle (spelling?)

Not technically correct. They are made by ROSS(most will come in a Ross box) in America. I have a set of 4agte ones here at home that are meant to be .020" oversize. But measured near enough STD size after a couple of months on 32psi!! Pins were oval too. And yes we had them hardness tested to see if it was detonation, which it wasn't. Oh and you can only get what they have(ACL) don't do custom stuff. Still an ok product for the PRICE.

 

Stu

 

P.s pm sent.

Does someone know what comp height and pin size are on the stock pistons?

 

There is no need to go forged pistons for 6500rpm, lighter is better where

pistons are concerned and some latest tech custom cast pistons are quite

good and even more forgiving than forged in everyday starts ups.

 

I also know of people running 25mm compression height cast pistons with

longer forged rods with good success.

 

There are ka24e pistons which have 34mm pin height and can be taken

down to 31mm inc custom valve recesses and avail from 89mm up.

Maybe the Toyota ones though have even shorter comp height?

with ACL some pistons are from Mahle and some from Ross, depends on the model

  • Author

I've decided to purchase the CP pistons in std bore 11:1 CR.

 

I'm getting coatings done in Brisbane by Competition coatings.

 

I may see higher rpm someday, maybe not. Either way its an investment that I'm happy to make. Id probably invest in rods if I was to cam it up, but I don't know about it now at this time as it wont see higher rpm than stock, it wont need to with the right inlet and exhaust.

I've decided to purchase the CP pistons in std bore 11:1 CR.

 

I hope that pm helped a little. Sorry I wasn't able to help you out. Maybe next time.

 

This WILL be a torque monster in a KE. Keen to see it all running.

 

Stu.

Edited by kickn5k

  • Author

Yes Stuart your email was helpful.

 

I will go with Carillo.

 

I'm looking at 900.56 US to my door for custom pistons with ceramic and low friction coatings applied, and rings and pins included.

 

Not bad for custom Carillo gear.

 

I'm placing the order now.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

  • Author

And I just spoke to Rick Sendall who is making the extractors, it goes in in 2 weeks to have the mild steel 4-2-1s made. I will ceramic them too for a few extra hp. Rick is also going to be making the L pipe I need for the oil pickup mod, and moving the drain bung in the sump to the lowest point. If I haven't done it by then I will get him to weld up the inlet aswell. Then i can try and wire the slut. I will need to splurge on an ecu soon aswell. The i will have to start thinking about a cage and preparing a chassis so I don't get into some serious trouble. I'm thinking an AE71 with 9s all round and an f series diff, since I have 2x corona F series sitting there waiting to be raped.

LRS what will the headers cost without the HPC?

Is the AE71 able to be converted to a 2 door by

just changing the centre pillars and doors or

are the 2 door donor or the roofs different?

Is the AE71 able to be converted to a 2 door by

just changing the centre pillars and doors or

are the 2 door donor or the roofs different?

 

Ask love_ke70 how easy it is...

Ask love_ke70 how easy it is...

 

It is easy 'if' you have all the parts.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.