November 15, 201411 yr comment_690711 Just picked up the new project car. Its not a Corolla this time, but its still a Toyota. Report
November 15, 201411 yr comment_690722 Shit, I can't wait to see this unfold! So eager, cheers! Report
November 16, 201411 yr comment_690739 2ltr stroker 3t alphabet to make a 4t? Now the 30's done, I've been wondering what I'm going to do for my weekly fix of awesome. Now I know. Report
November 17, 201411 yr comment_690784 Any reason for the SRA this time instead of IRS? Moare awsome slides! Report
November 18, 201411 yr Author comment_690849 This one is all about being as close as poss to a real one. Wont race this one. Its for show and will be for sale. The old one was displayed by the Australian Rally Museum at Rally Q a few years ago. Might see if they want to put it in their display at Coffs when its done. Strip down has started. Report
November 19, 201411 yr comment_690864 I m sure that it will be a work of art .I remember reading that your 6th cage was your last Craig ha ha . So a display car only ,but with all the proper bits?? These builds of yours are a great read ,you do what most of us wish we could!! Rob Report
November 19, 201411 yr Author comment_690888 Thanks Rob. Yep, all the body mods and fabrication as near as I can get them. The roll cages were very basic back then, but I will build it with modern spec tubing so if it ends up racing, someone can just add to it and make it current. They were just bolt in and did'nt even have a brace on the main hoop. Report
December 23, 201411 yr comment_692173 Hi, Not sure if you have seen this: http://www.speerintl.com/#!celica-body-kit/c1ckq looks like it is all TTE reproduction parts from Makela Auto Tuning in Finland....I think the price would be pretty scary! Looking forward to following your build again. Cheers, Pete Report
December 23, 201411 yr Author comment_692177 Hi Pete, Yep Ive seen the site. A few years ago I was in contact with Mr Makela about a body kit for my first car. It was going to cost approx $30,000aus for the panels. This was when they were restoring the first car. I would also have to sign a document to state the panels would not be reproduced or copied. So I made my own as my car was going to be rallied with possible panel damage. There is a fellow in NZ who has bought a body kit from Finland and the car is being built by Neil Allport I believe. Iam sure he told me he paid $25000 but he did'nt get the fibreglass doors. The new project should really start to happen early next year. Have a great Xmas. Cheers. Report
December 23, 201411 yr comment_692179 Makela auto tuning is a great source of images of the exact constitution of the car, but you'd have to have money falling out of your pockets to be spending that kind of money on a few panels so kudos for making them. I thought you sold your moulds though? Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now