Japanese Car Values

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The odd TE27 I see on yahoo or via iron chef seem to go in the vicinity of high teens. That's in Japan obviously. Landed would be considerably more. Difficult to know the condition of these though, and often modified in some ways or missing key trim which would impact on the market being discussed.

Someone just listed a 66000klm ke70 on this site for $6250

I reckon between $2000 & $2500. Average ones are under $1000, low Km under $2k and if it was really nice you might squeeze a few hundred more.

There are still plenty owned by little ol' ladies that have low Km and no rust in the inland towns. Steve bought two great ones a year back and I think the pair cost $2K, but the biggest problem is a reluctance of the coasters to cross the Great Divide when buying cars.

I paid $900 for my gold 1983 XX flatfront from a lady in Gulgong after I left a note on it when driving through one day. Not immaculate, it has little dents in panels and 160,000km, but its a good car for the price.

Edited by altezzaclub

I reckon between $2000 & $2500. Average ones are under $1000, low Km under $2k and if it was really nice you might squeeze a few hundred more.

There are still plenty owned by little ol' ladies that have low Km and no rust in the inland towns. Steve bought two great ones a year back and I think the pair cost $2K, but the biggest problem is a reluctance of the coasters to cross the Great Divide when buying cars.

I paid $900 for my gold 1983 XX flatfront from a lady in Gulgong after I left a note on it when driving through one day. Not immaculate, it has little dents in panels and 160,000km, but its a good car for the price.

NOT that many owned by little old ladies here in the states... although the low mileage ones in decent shape ARE probably owned by the few little old ladies who do own them. Long door, or frameless door models tend to get a few more dollars from them.

Artshot.jpg

When I picked up mine I paid $1200, without an engine... and I over paid because I've gotten some cool perks over time from the seller (he buys/sells on YJ)

Edited by oldeskewltoy

Well the best one Ive ever seen, an olympic gold 4k slushbox auto with 33000ks went for 3850. That was three or four years ago. See pics below.

This current ke being higher mileage and judging by the photos not immaculate as stated, and the least desirable engine and box, Id say in todays money he would struggle to break three grand. That said there are some idiots in the car scene. However the drift boys would choose an s13 over a ke70 all day dollar for dollar cause at least the s13 will slide. So perhaps this appreciation may see those who preserve them get them instead.

post-2885-0-59692500-1429777292_thumb.jpg

post-2885-0-58574300-1429777297_thumb.jpg

post-2885-0-43367200-1429777303_thumb.jpg

post-2885-0-88620900-1429777308_thumb.jpg

post-2885-0-04634500-1429777314_thumb.jpg

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

Had another look at the red one, its a shit heap compared to this one above.

Immaculate cars generally don't have oil stains in the carpet, grubby seats and broken or missing bits. Why wouldnt he give it a proper detail, a dealer would and they still wouldn't ask that kind of money.

Cause it doesnt owe him enough money to warrant putting effort in. Ie the number he came up with he knows is massively over inflated.

Cause it doesnt owe him enough money to warrant putting effort in

That is the killer for a lot of projects, especially painting cars. You can assemble the bits of trim and have the car quite original inside and outside, but to pay a painter $2500 to paint your $1500 Ke70 means money you will struggle to get back.

The N14 Pulsar SSS we have as a run-around got driven into recently. A pair of doors was $150, pulling the B-pillar out was $330 but painting it at the panelshop would be more than twice those prices. Mechanically its fine, if a bit rattley in the body, but as the rest of the red paint is so faded it will be a rattle-can job on the doors That car is worth the same as any KE70, so while it would look like new with a couple of thousand spent on a respray, its money we would never recover.

Stupid thing is, whoever buys it will pay too much and still need to replace or at lest remove and clean the carpet, fit new tail lights and shampoo it all over. All things that should be done by the seller to achieve the best version of said over the top value. Its just not cricket. Plus its not an ae71 with a manual tranny either so its just valuable as a collector piece, or as a tidy shell really.