Everything posted by snot35
-
Slo-038 + 10Psi
Car? Hah! I was the dude that looked like he was dying on the push bike :) Yeah I thought you may have. New struts treating you well?
-
5K Cam Hep?
There is a reasonable amount of movement in the lifter though, you wouldn't be taking more off the base circle of the cam than that the lifter can take up surely? (I've never done it, so I don't know that for sure). Either way it sounds a bit concerning to me! You'd hope they're telling you the right thing!
-
5K Cam Hep?
Why would he keep the hydro lifters though?
- My Ke70 Weekend Play Thing
-
5K Cam Hep?
Have the cam people told you to keep the hydro lifters? I think you'd either run the hydro setup or adjustable, I can't think of a reason to mix it unless you're trying to do something particularly funky.
-
Front Strut Bar Worth It? (Ke70)
I'm with Dave too, so much more to work on before a strut bar. They're not hard to come by, so there is no need to be in a rush.
-
Slo-038 + 10Psi
Spotted again on Shepherds Hill Rd this arvo. You've got either a speedo or clutch cable hanging under the car there Ryan, you should zip tie that sucker to something before it gets ripped off and spoils your day :yes:
-
My Ke70 Weekend Play Thing
No much to update. It's probably going to be quiet over summer, I have to do some work around the house and sell a different car. But in the mean time, I've added to the mag collection and done a dodgy photoshop.... I now have 11 of these mags, the plan is a set for the rally tyres and a set for some road tyres that I have to get too and from events, and maybe the odd motorkhana.
- Slo-038 + 10Psi
-
Front Strut Bar Worth It? (Ke70)
What are you trying to achieve and what do you have already?
-
Slo-038 + 10Psi
What are they from, size etc?
-
3K-C 3K-H 4K-C Engine Build
Go for the 3K head in the best condition/with the biggest ports :) They're likely to be very similar. Working out CC's and compression would also be worth while.
-
25-65 Cam In A 5K?
While I have never actually tried that combination, I'd say that's a fairly mild cam and should actually work pretty well with a 5K. Couple it with port work and it should make for a fun modification.
-
What Is The Stock Cc In The Combustion Chamber Of A 5K?
I remember roughly measuring a D dish head, 12 or 16cc rings a bell? It's quite a small chamber. Either way, if you're not sure you really should measure it first and do the sums to make sure it will all be sweet.
-
Ohwhatafeelinke30 Diy
That's stock sized ports. Not impressive. Looks like you've got a good sensible plan as far as work goes, good luck with the project! :)
-
Slo-038 + 10Psi
Looks the goods! Me want :yes:
-
Slo-038 + 10Psi
Spotted climbing Shepherds Hill Rd yesterday?
-
3K Cross Plane Crankshaft
Altezza, I wonder about your friends :P
- Trds Rally Car
-
My Ke70 Weekend Play Thing
It's no problem :) I do not currently have a cage in it, I'm just using the current seat belt holes to mount the harness. I'm using the two lowest front bolt holes as well as one of the low rear seat belt holes as it's a three point harness. Ideally the top straps should be mounted to the rear parcel shelf and be near horizontal, but I haven't got to doing that yet. I'd need to fabricate a mounting plate. I'm not sure on the legality of the harness. It's and ADR approved harness and I think I should be OK as I'm using current belt mounting points, but you'd want to check with your local authorities :)
- My Ke70 Weekend Play Thing
-
My Ke70 Weekend Play Thing
A quick photo from the days action. The suspension made so much difference with the rally tyres as well. The car felt fantastic and I was able to push it pretty hard. I'm not sure how the times compared to others, but I had fun anyway. Now we have a few months off to sort things out. Rack rebuild might be next. The cooling also proved a bit marginal on the hot day that today was. The heater core is also leaking a little bit so that will have to be looked as well. Fun times!
- Trds Rally Car
- My Ke70 Weekend Play Thing
- My Ke70 Weekend Play Thing