Everything posted by 67Rolla-Ken
-
67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!
wuss :) (I didn't think of gloves :) ) I'm going up to put the rolla back together this weekend, I'll get the air compressor & reg details then.
-
Teddys Volvo
So when is she getting some gold 20's??.....
-
67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!
I think any compressor will do. I'll chat with my brother-in-law on the weekend and confirm. Yeh, we found cutting through the paint made it bubble up a lot quicker. Also keep out of direct sunlight or it bakes on. Do a small area at a time with reasonably thick coats of stripper. If you get the stripper on yourself wipe it off quickly or it will start to sting like buggery. Don't try and get every last bit off with the stripper, you'll just waste a lot of time (Hind sight...). Use a wire wheel, or sanding disc to get the last bits. Thats about all I can think of... Hope it helps?
-
67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!
Sorry was on lunch until 12:50pm :) Took about 4 days, using paint strippers!! Would have been quicker with a wire wheel :) Only took off 1-3 layers at a time, she had more than 6 on most panels. Sanding was for last little bits. I haven't got a clue what the compressor or sander where, but had a new reg/ water trap fitted, made a huge difference! I'll get some more info including the brand of stripper that worked the best (we tried 4), next weekend.
-
67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!
What, black wheel??
-
April's Meet
Umm, thanks? You should check out my cars thread, she's no longer going to be orange. White with red old scool racer decal :)
-
67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!
Finally got a boss kit, yay!
-
April's Meet
Excellent, I should be up and running by then!!
-
Greeeeen Beastie!!!
I just had to wipe the drool of my keyboard :) That looks amazing!!
-
Gavclassic Ke 17 Sl 7k 1800
She doesn't like car forums, so I think I can get away with that one... Hey Gav how long till the motors in? Are you going to Dyno the car after??
-
Toyoshow 2009
I should score OK with my 67 when finished?! :lolcry: If I wasn't stuck in WA :)
-
Gavclassic Ke 17 Sl 7k 1800
Sounds awesome! I'm trying to send my wife to work on the mines :) if that happens.... would love to follow down the same path!
-
Micks Ke30 Fj20 Turbo Sleeper.
Not bad... Sorta does away with the sleeper element tho.
-
Gavclassic Ke 17 Sl 7k 1800
Hey Gav, looking sweet. Is there a lot of modifying required to to get that 7K in, do you need deep pockets to get a shop to fit it?? Would love one of them in my KE10, but unless its plug & play, I can't do much myself. Also, I'm borrowing your side stripes design for my KE10 (red stripes on white car), hope you don't mind?
-
Measurements Of Ke10
Cheers, I was planning on using the measurments to put TOSCO in the stripes behind the front wheel arch... But have decided not to, a bit try hard. So, now I'm just going to get 7mtrs made up, should cover both sides. Don't really need the measurments now.
-
Ae92 Alloy Rim Centre Caps
Have you checked thru all the ones on Ebay??
-
How Do I Remove Ke10 Steering Wheel Lol
Not a bad effort! I gave myself full thickness burns with my wedding ring on my 600CCA battery :dance:
-
Measurements Of Ke10
Anyone??? Pleeeeease! :abuse:
-
Measurements Of Ke10
Hi all, As some of you may have seen, my beastie is undergoing a bare metal respray. I'm trying to sort out the vinyls I'm ordering for her and need some measurements along the top of the bodyline (~half a foot up the panels). She is too far away for me to measure, so can anyone else with a KE10 help?? Distance: Front of bodyline (end of bumper?) to front of front wheel arch rear of front wheel arch to front of door front of door to front of rear wheel arch rear of rear wheel arch to end of bodyline Also, is anyone able to get me a large (high res) side on pic ok a white KE10. Preferably with no shadows on it. Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers, Ken
-
April's Meet
Yes I want a meet, but not for 2-3 weeks :abuse:
-
Teds Project Ke70 ~ The Blue Car
Yeh, Happy Birthday! Cars looking awesome, it will definately be the measuring stick for restored rollers for a long time to come.
-
(aussie) Ke 20 Tailshaft.
My head hurts :nervous:
-
My Grandpa Ke30
:nervous: What the fcuk is that?? I like!
-
67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!
Yeh there on there, but they want about three times what I'm willing to pay :hmm:
-
67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!
Have now sorted the boss kit! Just need the following: Boot lid if possible 67 bootlid trim Fuel cap 67 parker lights Anyone??