Everything posted by Mybowlcut
-
Removing Rust From Radiator
Ah, ok. Cheers. Before I decide to paint it, does anyone know of any places that'd do custom alloy work like this?
-
Removing Rust From Radiator
Will painting it really stop it from rusting? Won't the temperature of the coolant melt the paint? It's a good radiator, just the rust is making it crap... I am not sure what is usually done to get rid of rust so galvanising was a guess haha. Custom alloy? Do you mean I could get it replaced with a custom-made alloy tube or something? I'd prefer to just replace this tube/offtake thing instead of paying for a new radiator. Cheers.
-
Removing Rust From Radiator
Hey. I've got a rusty offtake thingy at the bottom of my radiator (that the bottom radiator hose connects to). Just wondering if there are places that will remove the rust and galvanize it or something so it won't rust again? Would a radiator reconditioning place do this? Cheers. :y:
-
Spotted Today
:y: Hey. Are those front wheels new?
-
Spotted Today
Saw Todd in his supercharged '70 today. :D Smoking will kill you! :) Also I think I saw a red(?) sprinter(?) in Glen Forrest going past the Caltex on great eastern highway.
-
Temporary Australians
Toy-Yoda is right... the r6 didn't spontaneously combust, it was the rider who crashed it.
-
New Rollaclub Header Samples
Ahh whatever haha. I was just playing with different fonts. :D
-
Temporary Australians
Open? Does that mean no restriction to cc? I really want a bike... I'm starting lessons next Thursday to get my license. I like the new yamaha r6... not sure about the headlights though... looks a lot like a wasp or something.
-
Car Audio Tutorial
Haha cool.
-
New Rollaclub Header Samples
?
-
New Rollaclub Header Samples
Hey guys and girls. As you might know, the old rollaclub header is being replaced. I've come up with a few fonts that I thought I'd show everyone and see if any of them are worthy. :P Please vote for the number that corresponds to the font you prefer. Here are some variations on the first font... I've made a last option (9) for these... if 9 gets more votes, I'll do a poll on it's individual variations. Since the third font was pretty popular, I've made a few variations of it.. The last two were supposed to some kind of early KE2** grill but I couldn't find any photos of those grills from directly front on so I had to my own crappy versions.. they're lacking a lot of detail of the grill but you get where I'm going with it anyway. If you like any of these, just leave a post so I can get an idea of what's good etc. Cheers!
-
New Cruise And Bbq
- New Cruise And Bbq
Haha yeah I was wondering what that was... I thought it was my car! Haha. Smelt so bad! Cruise was awesome... still trying to find the thing to upload crappy phone pics up.- Over.
Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum! So glad you changed from slanty front... anything but slanty front. Ew.- More Friggon Rust
and also the boot opening - the seal seems to be fine.- More Friggon Rust
Cheers for that advice Golberg. I know you said not to bog it, but what about putting some silicon in the holes for the time being?- More Friggon Rust
So you mean use kill rust and primer on the top of the boot where the water is getting in, right?- More Friggon Rust
After asking a few people I'm thinking I might just temporarily putty the holes up until winter is gone... Still, any opinions are welcome.- More Friggon Rust
I found a pool of water that has leaked in from my rusty arse boot. Of course, on the other side of the boot, there is a rusted hole that goes through the metal, so the water can't pool up... :) I dunno if this is some kind of syphoning hose? I'm really pissed... cause the guy who sold it to me probably knew this was gonna happen and still sold it to me for $1.5k... I know it's my responsibility to check this stuff before I bought it but f**kkk. Considering I have to get this fixed and (and I can't do it myself) it's going to cost me nearly the value of the car (car & superlites + tyres), I'm wondering what the best option is... what would you guys do? Sell the friggon car? Or get the boot opening repaired for $2.5k? Cheers.- Stand Up And Be Counted!
I know it's a V8 but can't remember what type.- Worlds Most Dangerous Traffic Light In The World
Hahaha was it just me that was laughing at the sound effects and music for that first vid?- Ke70 Radiator
Hey guys. I've got a radiator that is leaking and basically needs to be replaced. I have one waiting to go in but it's too big: From the one shroud hole (on the other side in the photo) to the other it's 55cm and from the support hole (where you screw it onto the front of the car) it's 60cm. The radiator to be fitted (above) was taken off a KE70 panelvan. I'm just wondering if it's possible to find a shroud that will fit it? I'm gonna get dad to help me make up some brackets to screw the radiator onto the front of the car but yeah... need to find a shroud that will fit it. Alternatively, could I put my existing shroud (too small) onto this radiator? Does it matter that some air will escape the shroud (like 3 cms either side)? Also found that pretty cool... I don't think I've ever had a radiator that had a drain on it... Cheers.- 4k/5k Temperature Senders
Hm... I went to Malz to find one to replace the one that wasn't working and found one that was $30. Then went to super cheap... didn't have them in and then went to Veale and they had one for $11. I took them home and tried each one and of course the $30 one had to work... but my temp gauge works now so meh. I also bought a gregorys manual! Excited about that. :bash:- Andrews Ae71 No More
That sucks man.- Mitch's Ke70
Can't see it in the photos but me and dad had to try and get the exhaust out of the panelvan from underneath the car with a grinder at night so the cut was at an angle... don't suppose that matters, does it? It will get welded back together anyway? Here are the extractors and muffler: Will be cool to get them on... I loved how they sounded on the panelvan. Also buying a 32/36 weber off Chrisandliz. Gonna get it rebuilt if money permits. - New Cruise And Bbq