Everything posted by Raven
-
The Civic
Definitely a transformation Mr. Bamboo :) Next on the list is a Honda Scamp, right?
-
Your Old Rides
1988 EA with EB 4.0L conversion, 5 speed manual, EB XR8 LSD, pedders sportsryder shocks and sway bars. 250 X-flow, 4 speed manual, race cam of some sort, 350 Holley, sketchy as in the wet. Ended up being a 4K-powered, 5 speed panel van. Stripped and now cubed after finding out it was too far gone to be repaired due to the substantial rust. 4A-C-powered, 5 speed. Chassis damaged when purchased and engine went into the car below. This is nothing. I've had various cars, but digital cameras werent invented then and I never bothered to take a proper photo. Up to car number 19 at the moment ;)
-
R.I.P Ryan Dunn
Stumbled across this one just tonight. This is what 130-140mph looks like. Clicketh Linketh
-
R.I.P Ryan Dunn
Depends if he was smashed from drinking and got in the car, or just had a couple and went home, got tired, and slammed it into a tree.
-
What Engine Into My Ke20?
Be different, put a Merlin V12 in it and sit in the boot! :P
-
Matts Swb Pajero
Needs some rock sliders brew!
-
Radiators In Adelaide
LOL, C & C Radiators. He's the rudest customer out of all our customers at work. I've had experience with Motor Radiators in the city on Halifax Street, one of our best customers and their quality of work is pretty awesome. Give him a try!
-
Ravens 1997 Jzx100 Chaser
Cheap mod update! So after fitting up the S2 Fog/Driving lights, I decided that the kelvin rating of the stock HB4 globes was very average and made my HID's stand out even more. So on to eBay I went and I bought a pair of these: They arrived today so I fitted them tonight. Results as follows... Before After Looks so much better and the lighting is heaps more noticeable and yep, it matches up quite nicely.
-
Slo-038 + 10Psi
Looks stacks better with the Chrome!
-
Slo-038 + 10Psi
Why do you always think I'm attacking you dude? No shit you never said he didnt. It was a comment in saying that yes, he knows his shit and I know this because he deals with me on a daily basis. If he didnt, I wouldnt have referred you to him in the first place. You need to chillax brew! I hear you smashed another uni? :P
-
Phil'S 1Jz Rolla
7M boat anchor ftl! Nice Supra and good work on the Rolla!
-
Ravens 1997 Jzx100 Chaser
Nope. My next mod is on the back burner until after Fiji in August. But the next mod wont be a diff brace, its gonna be an Exedy clutch and then a TRD 2-way LSD as I want to get it prepared to handle the power I want to make with another turbo later on down the track ;)
-
Slo-038 + 10Psi
John knows his shit ;) Deal with him on a daily basis!
-
Slo-038 + 10Psi
Your dizzy needs a recurve as its not suited to the cam/carb combination. Get that sorted and slap it back in and you'll notice a shitload more of a difference than you have done just by replacing the jets in the Weber.
-
Thought I'D Throw This Up
Good base to start with and I'm pretty certain a lot of panels are still being made for these things, so shouldnt be too hard to source parts for at all. Whats the plans in the long run? Wider rear arches and nice wide wheels?
-
Advice
I'd be changing the brake fluid and bleeding the brake system. Sitting for a year and a half, you'd more than likely have moisture in the system. Other than that, service it with new oil, oil filter, plugs, points if need be and go get it registered. No roadworthy inspections in SA as yet ;)
-
Hid In Kexx Who Has Done It?
You're correct in saying all of the above. The higher the Kelvin rating, the more blue a colour of light emitted. My stock HID's in my chaser are of a 4300k rating. Anything higher and it becomes more blue in the light emitted and less light on the road. I'm glad you have an understanding of kelvin ratings. Not many people do. :)
-
Hid In Kexx Who Has Done It?
There are two types of HID design. Projector and reflector. The mistake people make are they fit a projector-designed HID bulb into a reflector housing, which causes the blindness. Research and buy the correct HID kit BEFORE you even THINK about putting these into a new housing.
-
Ravens 1997 Jzx100 Chaser
The JZX100 looks a lot better than a JZX90, performance wise the non-VVTi JZX90 is easier to pull big power with. JZX100, bit harder, but can be done, just costs more.
-
Ravens 1997 Jzx100 Chaser
Nah you're confused with an Aristo me thinks. They were a luxo-barge. These weigh in less than a JZA80 Supra.
-
Ravens 1997 Jzx100 Chaser
That was the plan! The next mod will probably be a final konnexion diff brace which is more noticeable in improvement for the rear end than say the boot brace which is also a common mod. These things require a fair bit of bracing to handle super awesome, but it handles pretty nice as it is. I just like to have the whole car feel connected as such. :)
-
Alex'S 1974 Ke20 Build ***
*Removed the pics cos you got it sorted* Good to see this has gone to a good home. I sold the previous owner the inlet/exhaust manifold for this car. If you need parts, possibly a new dash pad if it requires one, let me know as I can get them from Japan. Also got a stack of interior bits and pieces around too from my KE25 that I no longer require as I'm parting it out.
-
Ravens 1997 Jzx100 Chaser
The brace has been on for months, prior to GOR. I'd had the Chaser near on 3 months before the old man and I made them up. I did GOR with it on, noticed a huge improvement over the flimsy factory item straight away with turn in and steering feedback. Flat, mild steel bar was chosen as its easy to weld, it was 8mm thick and doesnt bend, and its only there to create a join between the engine bay and the cabin so it moves as one. Its not under any form of super stress. Diff bushes were done about 2-3 weeks ago now. Again, have noticed a positive increase in traction when stomping the loud pedal and a lot more controllable.
-
Ravens 1997 Jzx100 Chaser
You can see it....its the white door!
-
Ravens 1997 Jzx100 Chaser
Haha, yeah we check the loo before we use it just in case a white tail is sitting under the lid and goes to bite your nuts!