Everything posted by Raven
-
Raven's Ke25 Corolla Memorial Rebuild - Now Parting Out
Haha, well, for $80, I'm not complaining. It will require a little smothing out from a few dings here and there but thats nothing to worry about :)
-
4k Spark Plug Sleeve - Removable?
Yep, totally normal for them to come out. They have a rubber O-ring just under the lip. Make sure that your spark plugs are in before you do an oil change, otherwise you're going to fill up the piston bores with oil and that motor wont crank over.
-
Thought I Should Share...
Yum! That's tidy. I nearly bought an XF Ex-show car about 5 years ago for 3g's :lolcry: Had Simmons B45's on it and was also gunmetal grey with velour interior. Only downside is it was auto and carby, not injected. Any engine bay shots? :)
-
Thought I Should Share...
Jack Daniels > Jim Beam :)
-
Thought I Should Share...
Being an ol' skool Ford bogan, I gotta say that XD looks like the ducks guts! :)
-
Raven's Ke25 Corolla Memorial Rebuild - Now Parting Out
RS Watanabe's are overpriced Takumi rims :) Konig Rewinds for me :lolcry: **Update** Rust free bonnet sourced! Raven is happy! Slowly and steady wins the race so they say, and well, this project sure is going slow haha.
-
I Need Some Help
points gap = take off dizzy cap and turn motor over by hand. ON the distributor shaft you will notice it is square shaped. You want the points to open up on one of the cams by turning the motor over by hand and stopping it when the points open up. Then set your points gap. I can't remember what the gap is though. Someone got a workshop manual to specify what the points gap is meant to be?
-
I Need Some Help
What he said :hmm:
-
I Need Some Help
If you want a little more performance, I'd run at 10 degrees BTDC.
-
I Need Some Help
Set the timing on the distributor. Once you've done that, adjust your fuel mixture by screwing the idle mixture screw in until the car starts to idle funny (don't screw it all the way home tight as it will damage the end of it thats inside the carb) and then unwind 1.5-2 turns. Let us know how you go :D
-
Big Exhaust Through Little Hole?
Your defect if the cops go over your car :hmm: Proceed...:D
-
Big Exhaust Through Little Hole?
Sorry to burst your bubble, but thats illegal dude. Has to be 30cm past the most rearward opening window, which in your and my case is the rear quarter glasses.
-
Cruise, Saturday The 12th Of April
I would, but I'm not gonna show up in a magna :dance:
-
Adelaide Motor Show - Who Went? Pics Inside!
-
What Grinds My Gears.
I can relate to the bashing the head against the wall thing, lol, thats for sure. Felt like I was going crazy/insane, but then I figure, well, if thats her choice, then thats her choice and nothing I can do or say will change it and I wish her well for her future and hope it turns out the way she wanted it to. :hmm: Plenty more fish out there, just gotta throw the bad ones back and reel in a good one :dance:
-
Adelaide Motor Show - Who Went? Pics Inside!
It was ok. Too much orientated with the family car/4wd vehicles in all honesty. Thats why I generally don't go. Only reason I went this year was because of this..... My camera wasnt taking pictures right today for some reason so they have a little too much noise throughout the pics for my liking.
-
Adelaide Motor Show - Who Went? Pics Inside!
I went, I saw, I conquered :dance: Th Efigy was f**kin' nice :hmm: Pics up later tonight!
-
What Grinds My Gears.
At the moment, what grinds my gears is putting so much time and effort into a chicks life to make her realise that she could be living a better life than the one she's living now and she just completely ignores any advice you give her and continues to confine herself to a dangerous situation. Nothing more frustrating that seeing someone you actually care about end up in that situation. "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink" - so the saying goes. :dance:
-
Project Ke25 - For Sale - See Pg 9
In Adelaide @ Wrigley Reserve in Glenelg.
-
What Grinds My Gears.
I havent posted here yet..... Many things grind my gears. The main thing is finding a decent metal drummer in Adelaide who can actually play their instrument and play it well. Its like they're non-existant!
-
Supercharge
7K has a longer stroke than 5K cam :abuse:
-
Trouble With Ke55 Manual Conversion
Or.....he could drill and tap the chassis rails for the correct bolt holes :abuse:
-
Ke20 Diff Replacement
Yeah, thats what I was asking, if they were equal length. If they weren't, then you could get away with just shortening one side to fit it in if you wanted to keep the stock track :abuse:
-
All Japanese Day - Adelaide, Sunday 27th April, 08....
Try Aussie Discount Mufflers on Port Road :abuse:
-
Ke20 Diff Replacement
Has anyone researched whether or not a TA22/23 Celica diff has equal length axles or not?