July 4, 200818 yr comment_258302 Say what? Was only thinking to myself last night...."what's a bet I check my thread in the morning and Trev has made some sort of comment about K's and AGE's"! ;) Teething probs mate, thats all it is. Everything in the engine bay is new and I have been driving the car a bit in the last week trying to fault find it. At the end of the day, its >$100 to fix..........so what's yours gunna cost to fix Daim!!!? ;) Ha, Yeah you guessed right, I was gonna POO stir you, It seems such a pity to have to take the engine apart when the engine bay looks that great. EDIT: Someone has altered the word S H I T so when you write it it sez smeg. Edited July 4, 200818 yr by Trev Report
July 5, 200818 yr Author comment_258440 Not worried about that. Will look even better when its back together! ;) Just a good opprtunity for me to fix some other things. I'll find the specs on the cam Darren. Or if KANGAROOSA reads this he might be able to post them for me. ;) Report
July 7, 200818 yr Author comment_259182 Pretty sure these are the cam spec Darren..... Cam Lift - Int 296 Exh 297 Duration Adv - Int 291 Exh 296 Duration @050 - Int 238 Exh 238 Valve Clr 0.013 0.013 Valve Lift - Int 0.4305 Exh 0.432 Cam Lift tdc - Int 096 Exh 078 Phase<) Int 106 Timing Adv Intake open 40.5 close 70.5 Exhaust open 74.5 close 41 Timing @050 Intake open15 Close 42.5 Exhaust Open 47.5 Close 10.5 Report
July 8, 200818 yr comment_259201 Looks great, and I bet is a real laugh to drive :D The flat spot in your dyno curve is likely to be the point where the wastegate is opening. It's nothing seriously worth worring about. Cheers Jordan Report
July 8, 200818 yr Author comment_259206 That was were the clutch was slipping Jordan. Was also quite audible!! :D Report
July 8, 200818 yr comment_259408 ok, the reason I suggested that was that there is also a corresponding minor fall in boost pressure, and it's not uncommon to see a ever so slight dip in power at that point. No doubt you'll keep us posted Jordan Report
July 9, 200818 yr Author comment_259429 Dip in boost pressure is from the same thing! When the clutch slipped the motor unloaded slightly and made less boost. :) Well thats how I see it anyway. :yak: Report
July 14, 200818 yr Author comment_260695 Got the head off the other day. Life is sooo easy with the speedflow stuff now. Took all of about 45 to get it off, but you'll see why!!! :( I had a small exhaust leak, which was progressively getting worse, few days after dyno its was starting to make a rattling sound that I was starting to think may have even been detonation! :D So I was thinking this may have had something to do with the head gasket going. After getting the head off and closer inspection, it looks like the gasket was pretty well rooted befor the EFI stuff was even running. Couple of water holes in the gasket were quite rusted out (but these were the ones where theres a hole in the head, but not in the block or gasket), then once it had some boost in it was all over red rover!!! :( The gasket was actually starting to get pushed out the manifold side of the head!!! And as for the exhaust leak, once everything was removed I noticed 2x of the turbo intake flange bolts were loose, 1x had wound itself out 5mm, and 1x was missing all together!!! So I'm hoping this was all the rattling/detonation sound was, and also explains why I lost a bit of response! ;) I'm quite dissapointed in myself for actually admitting that I think a major contributing factor to the head gasket rusting so badly, so quickly is that IIRC I have never put coolant in this motor combo!! :D Couple of piccies..... This is why I have basically no lag, as well as about another 20cm of silicone, this is the extent of my cooler piping!! Top pipe is obviously the intake..... And this is why the head came off quite quickly!!!! :D ..... Report
July 15, 200818 yr comment_261184 You better get this thing boogying boy,I'm starting to dummy up my new combo. :) Report
July 16, 200818 yr Author comment_261259 Only thing I'm really waiting on now is Sheldon to send me this other flywheel. Got cash for clutch now and have ordered new speedflow stuff for the oil drain. Won't be any dilly dally getting it back on the road. And our drags season start back up soon! :) Report
July 30, 200818 yr Author comment_264668 Old pics for Rundell: Shows fuel line and throttle cable going through the bottom half of the air box. Fuel hose uses a thread tube (is actually the adjuster part of a central locking pin switch) with nuts on either side to hold in place and seal it. Also a pic of the custom bracket I made for the carby accelerator linkage. Angle of cable was not ideal as you can see. but worked fine with a bit of lube (greese). This also sealed the cable and sheeth a bit better too. Report
July 30, 200818 yr comment_264747 Old pics for Rundell: Shows fuel line and throttle cable going through the bottom half of the air box. Fuel hose uses a thread tube (is actually the adjuster part of a central locking pin switch) with nuts on either side to hold in place and seal it. Also a pic of the custom bracket I made for the carby accelerator linkage. Angle of cable was not ideal as you can see. but worked fine with a bit of lube (greese). This also sealed the cable and sheeth a bit better too. ahh cheers that helps. hopefully get it all going this weekend Report
August 1, 200818 yr comment_265307 Hey Taz, loving your work mate that whole set up looks great. I wanted to show you something i got off ebay a while ago, check it out I'm a big fan :) . I bought the transfer off ebay a while ago and then ironed it on to a shirt, this is the only corolla transfer i've seen and it looks like they took a pic of you while you were out cruzin. Enjoy :) Report
August 2, 200818 yr Author comment_265388 haha yeah that does look pretty much like my car! Just needs some flairs on it. :) Know if there's any more for sale? Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now