Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Si's 5kte Ke55

Featured Replies

  • Author

Going down to Hobart on the weekend to watch the twenty20, so might have to pop round some time during the week next week. You normally work arvos don't you? I can always pop out from work and can round during the day?

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Views 793.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Looks a bit more like a motor again! Tried to bolt the manifold on this afternoon and managed to pull a stud out of the head 🤬 will have to wait until Monday now to get a helicoil for it. Once I'

  • So long overdue update. Guess I'll be doing what will become inevitable in a lot of backyard garages in the coming months (Hey let's look at the positives) and getting some work done in this!! Wh

  • Hehe....breaking traction in second....with the potenzas!

Posted Images

  • Author

Been doing some serious thinking about turbos lately after getting this POS S15 T28.

 

Have rung GCG and I can get myself a brand new GT2560R for $1080 which has a 12 month warrentee. Sold just over $400 worth of parts last week so I sort of have enough money to get it. :)

This is the one I'm looking at....

http://gcg.com.au/turbo/ViewProduct.aspx?ProductID=10

the -4 version is for "Extreme applications".

  • 2 weeks later...

The 2560 will do just as well as the S15 item as they are near identical, but this one will be brand new with warranty and u know if it hasn't been over boosted or not.

 

I vouch for this turbo works well on my Sportivo :yes:

 

Karl.

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Few small updates:

 

Fitted my Tomei chrome molly pushrods a few weeks ago as I sold the stock A12 ones as part of a solid lifter conversion with a cam. I kept the packet with the part number on it in case anybody is keen.

 

Haven't driven the car in nearly 2 months as the turbo was a bit too smokey. Have been trying to find one as seen above since.

I have actually just ended up buying the T28 of Daim that I had on my car a year or so ago. This will hopefully do me for the next 6+ months until I can offord the GT2560R.

 

So I spent the weekend pulling the engine bay apart. Now have the T28 back on the manifold and everything ready to go back in. Plan on having an early afternoon tomoz and I'll fit it all back up again.

Also borrowing a pully puller off Ke20rolla (thanks mate) so I can also re-fit my Gilmer drive.

 

 

Last round of the Tassie drags is on the 1st of May which I'm trying to get the car ready for. Hopefully I can crack a 13...... might end up winding more boost in until I do. :lolcry:

 

Oh and I discovered yesterday that (always assumed it but was never sure) you can bolt the T25G .49 housing straight onto the S14 T28. As soon as I realised I was scratching my head for a little while trying to decide weathert to use the .49 or .64 on the T28. Ended up going for the .64 for the legs it has in the top end. Will see how I go on the 1st and then I might change my mind again. ;)

yeah have been busy I'm keen to see you out the drags

Just found this as I remembered the xr6 turbo's were somewhere around 13's. So a 13 with a car motor would be pretty awesome. Compared to this guys fg xr6 turbo ute and the cost difference including buying the car.

 

 

stock FG xr6t ute (K&N filter) made 335hp or 249kw @ wheels and i ran a 13.206 @ 106.88 mph (60'2.106) ZF 6spd....that was my first run and i had ice water rags onthe cooler pipes and air box (was a 40+ degree day the night was very high 20s) @ willowbank (get very hot there)...2nd run heaps better launch i felt it (it really push my gut in (like a AWD evo luanch) and was better (60' 2.067) but the run was only 13.221 @ 106.17 mph so i think the heat got it that time cause i didn't have it on ice for 30mins again...lol

 

i'll go again after i get a CES exhaust and xr8 lower air box and intake to the air box.

 

i also ran it as i would ont eh street with the lux pack 19s and 40psi in them...lol

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

So went out to the drags on Saturday. Was hoping to try and do a high 13 with the T28 after doing a best of 14.5 with the T25G. Ended up only getting a best of 15.4 for the day.

Last time I went out last year I couldn't get wheel spin on the launch to save my life. This time I couldn't get traction to save my life. Our track is pretty tempramental at times so I'm just going to blame that! :)

I was doing some practice launches on the return road and it would hook in great, but get back on the strip and spin spin spin.

I'm deffinatley running more power (as a screwed a bit more boost into it to) last time was probably around 110rwkw this time I'm estimating 130 odd, was maxing about 17psi. Was still doing the same sort of MPH over the line so this would have been a bit higher with some traction.

 

Oh well. Already thinking about the 10/11 season test and tune. Would like to get my T series in and an lsd if I have funds at the time. Then my diff might also hold up to some MT ET streets.

Also now seriously considering putting the .49 rear on the T28. Probably do that the next time I need a manifold gasket change.

 

Here's a couple of pics and vids from Saturday.....

 

CanonPix241.jpg

"Banshee's" coon with Toy-yoda driving behind me

 

CanonPix225.jpg

 

 

Would like to get my T series in and an lsd if I have funds at the time. Then my diff might also hold up to some MT ET streets.

 

Hey Taz, what T series diff are you running? (sorry I couldn't be bothered trawling through all 46 pages lol).

How have you found it strength wise ? Had any issues?

Also, what tyre specs are you running on the rear currently ?

Cheers,

Dougal

  • Author

Currently still have the stock K diff in it.

Have a T18 T series shitting on the shed floor waiting for the coil mounts to be cut off it. Just need to get around to doing it.

 

Tyres are Advan A032R(S) 206/50/R13 semi slicks, hence the short burnouts.

Currently still have the stock K diff in it.

Have a T18 T series shitting on the shed floor waiting for the coil mounts to be cut off it. Just need to get around to doing it.

 

Tyres are Advan A032R(S) 206/50/R13 semi slicks, hence the short burnouts.

 

Cheers, nice to know.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.