The Feral 4K Build

Feral4K

Members dont see this ad

Hey guys thank you for your positive replies, ill try and fill you all in as best i can from what the cyl head guru told me ok here we go....

Original valves were too thin for our high rpm, and also a double groove collet and retainer setup, so the ALFA and FIAT valves were the go for ,

a budget replacement, they are all stainless single groove style valves with collets and titanium retainers(ooooh) to suit, single groove

simply to stop tearing the tip off the valve due to so much lift on the stick.As far as seats they were replaced and custom multi angle cut to suit,

exhaust valves were also seriously machined to gain the correct height at the retainer. Funnily enough the crow double springs i supplied

were 10 pounds less seat pressure than stock 4kc single !!! at around 60/ 65pounds , the LANCIA ones are 80 pounds and quite a bit thicker

on the inner spring than anything ive ever seen in a 4 cyl, hence the dunnydoor stem seals, i ported the lot myself over about twelve hours,

with a cheap ozito dremel and carbide burr tips and anything else i could get my hands on lol as ive mentioned so many times if a bit of

iingenuity, and effort is put in the final result is more satisfying than simply throwing a blank cheque at a shop and ending up with something

you may well have been able to do yourself , now lets hope like hell i don't kill it.....

• 2 weeks later...