Justin's Ke70

Medicine_Man

Members dont see this ad

Today I fabricated a bracket to mount the catch can, Went out and got some 90 degree vacuum elbows from Supercheap (They didn't have enough in stock, Had to use a T piece and a blocker for the last one). Ran all the piping for the catch can.

Degreased the engine bay and carbs.

Cleaned the K & N filters and re-oiled them..

Sv106610.jpg

Sv106612.jpg

Sv106613.jpg

Sv106614.jpg

Sv106616.jpg

Sv106621.jpg

Let us know when its fitted, How do you go about using the vented one as i looked at getting one a while back but understand they wouldnt be ADR approved?

Already fitted, Doubt it would be ADR approved as it is venting to atmosphere, Though this time it is not going to leave oil vapors sludging up on my firewall where my ghetto catch can was before (Softdrink can)..

Nice looking catch can that one.

Let us know when its fitted, How do you go about using the vented one as i looked at getting one a while back but understand they wouldnt be ADR approved?

I think the catch can would be the least of his worries. The dellortos would breach ADR's... But then again seeing as Justins' car looks so neat and stock, I doubt he would have many hassles from the boys in blue.

Edited by Felix

Yeah, That makes sense, Was reading some articles the other day on fitting catch cans and saw one done like that..

Makes it a bit harder with twin carbs, I don't exactly have a place to plumb it back to / no air box..

Been wanting to do this for ages so I'm glad its finally done..

Nice looking catch can that one.

I think the catch can would be the least of his worries. The dellortos would breach ADR's... But then again seeing as Justins' car looks so neat and stock, I doubt he would have many hassles from the boys in blue.

Can i just ask why the dellortos would breach the ADR rules?

I know its a rides thread but id like info as i will be running twin 40mm dcoe's webbers on a 4age.

Think it has moreso to do with the fact they didn't come with twin carbs from factory and also they wouldn't be very emission friendly. I wonder though if you could get away with it if you can prove TRD made a twin carb manifold as a factory item..

Just keep it neat and tidy and don't do stupid stuff on the street, then the boys in blue don't have a reason to pull you over..

• 1 month later...