Everything posted by 67Rolla-Ken
- Teds Project Ke70 ~ The Blue Car
-
My Ke 11
Well done Tommy! Sorry for the late response, I haven't been checking RC that often lately.
- My Ke 11
-
My '06 Toyota Aurion Sx6 Sportivo
Needs moar low! :lolcry:
-
Auto Kick Down
Thanks. That's the one I'm going to try and track down... I have a spare diff already, I'll start by checking that one :P
-
Auto Kick Down
Could also be because my trans cooler lines are too large and she's constantly leaking. I top her up every month or so... stop judging me, replacing the hoses is on the to do list! I do have a spare Toyoglide in the shed just in case I break her!
-
Auto Kick Down
Nice. Do you know what diff ratio it had? Mine has the 4.3 not great for top end.
-
Auto Kick Down
Reviving an old thread here.. I've been running my 5k, 2 speed toyoglide KE10 without the kickdown cable. It works fine but it won't let me take of fast. If I forget and press the gas too hard it takes of, seems goes out of gear and revs, then eases in to second. If I stay gentle until about 25mph (still taking off about the same as your normal traffic but not as fast as I normally do) it'll change into second then I can mash it. I'm not sure what I did with my kickdown rod... I didn't put it in because it didn't fit straight up to the twin carbies I fitted. I will be fixing all this soon!
-
Ke1x Members Page
All sorted! So, this was the first time I'd tried to use the column switch since the car was put back together. The horn contact was touching and stuck on. The first thing I thought when I popped the hood was horn, but the sound was so bad that I decided it must be something worse. Turns out horns that are touching the body of the car sound terrible! I also had a short in the wiring for the front lights. All sorted now so I can finally drive her with lights and indicators... sort of. One more problem, she's a 67 so has a short steering shaft. I now have the 67 steering wheel and column switch. But I still can't get the wheel on properly! Is there some adjustment on the inner shaft, has it possibly slipped down (or the outer shaft slipped up)? I'm going to pull the whole assembly out and try and figure out what's going on when I get a chance!
-
Ke1x Members Page
So horrible things just happened. I just fitted a new (1967) steering wheel (which still doesn't seem to fit right with the column switch). I plugged the column switch in for the first time in forever. Tried to start her and she didn't want to turn over... then very loun noises that wouldn't stop until the battery was disconnected. I think it was the starter but it was in no way trying to start the engine and didn't turn off with the key. I'm thinking a wiring issue and the gears gone on the starter?? Any other thoughts?
-
Mrs Feral4Ks New Toy
Loving the paint!
-
The Girl's Ke70
I'm sure it will be very complete and informative by the time you finish ;)
-
Ms85 Crown. 1Uzfe
Very nice!
-
Ms85 Crown. 1Uzfe
Well done! This thing is beautiful! Wish I was local so I could have a run in her.
-
Mrs Feral4Ks New Toy
Very nice!
-
Ms85 Crown. 1Uzfe
Yay for skid vid :D
- The Feral 4K Build
-
67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!
I've managed to hack the wheel up and make it fit. Head lights are working but the indicators are playing up. I've almost finished wiring up the thermo fan, just need to connect the ignition wire.
-
Ke70 Help A Noob
Another plan of attack... use your time on P's to build up a better engine that you can drop in once you finish your P's. How long are they now?
-
My 1966 Mk1 Cortina
Stick at it. She's going to be an amazing beast!
-
Sand Blasting Problems?
That's really unlucky. I feel your pain, had a similar thing happen with my Rolla. 5 years after painting I found out that after stripping to bare metal, the car wasn't panel beated, just bogged back up. Bubbles started coming up on several panels. I ended up spending a fortune getting it all done again properly. I would blast again but be picky about the medium.
-
Ke70 Help A Noob
I'd go with: mild cam, porting, twin carbies (or your Webber bigger single carbie), extractor and 2" exhaust. I wouldn't bother with pistons or bottom end. No one should pick on you for those changes and you should feel a little difference.
-
67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!
So we have a night time cruise coming up on Saturday. I currently have no lights as I'm running a 68 steering wheel without a column switch as my 67 wheel was lost. Today I'm hacking up a spare 68 wheel to make it fit with the column switch... grinding about 10mm out of the back. I'm also wiring up the 10" thermo fan I fitted over the weekend. I'm going to wire it to a switch on the dash (I have a spare hole) for manual operation. Most of the time she struggles to get up to temp so I only need to turn the fan on if I get stuck at lights on a stinking hot day. Lets hope I can get everything working. This will be her first car cruise!
- The Feral 4K Build
- The Feral 4K Build