Everything posted by 67Rolla-Ken
-
Bonnet Beatin'
Stupid question... Jono, how exactly do you use the belt? Do you tie it or use the buckle? Do you wrap it right around the bottom rad support or just the top? I just tried to use a belt I couldn't make it work (it was a very crap belt to be fair).
-
Bonnet Beatin'
Keen to see how you fit a second latch. I really hate only having one :(
-
Bonnet Beatin'
Man that sucks! Are you both saying the bonnet latches failed, or weren't latched properly? I've gone to drive off before and realized I hadn't shut the bonnet properly. Scary when you only have one catch!
- 4Agte Ke70 Drift Ute
-
Can I Fit A 1Uz-Fe In To My Te38 If I Try Really Hard?
I like the idea of copying the Flea (Now known as the "No Style" Corolla). Just drop your Corolla body onto a shortened SC400 chassis! :D
- 18 replies
-
- 1UZ
- TE38
- Engine Swap
- V8
-
Tagged with:
-
Rip Daves Old Car.
:(
-
Ke10 - Everything Needed To Go From 1K To 4K.
Hard to say. I've paid $150 for one... and $300 +freight for another.
-
Ke10 - Everything Needed To Go From 1K To 4K.
2 gears means top speed is GREATLY reduced... with the worked 5K I can just make 115kmh. Other than that they are very strong from what I have been told.
-
What Makes You Happy Thread
I see what you did there :lol:
-
Ke10 - Everything Needed To Go From 1K To 4K.
Hmm. My 5K came with a GM 3 speed fitted to it and that didn't fit. I never tried a later Toyota gearbox because I love the Toyoglide :P Now that you mention it, I do remember having to replace the water pump but didn't know why! My KE10 already had a 3K so I reused the dizzy off that. Glad someone knows what they're doing!!! And I thought I finally had a mechanical question answered right :(
-
Ke10 - Everything Needed To Go From 1K To 4K.
:yes: :POSTPICS!:
-
Ke10 - Everything Needed To Go From 1K To 4K.
Put that K engine in wraps, they are getting bloody rare! All you need is the 4K engine... everything else swaps over. Preferably get an engine with all auxiliaries (disy, carby and alternator) as they will be newer and will work better with the 4K but you can reuse your existing if needed. That's it... use your existing gearbox, everything bolts up. A later box will struggle to fit in the tunnel (not 100% sure but that's the case with the auto). You could go all out and rebuild the 4K but if you find a good runner that's not blowing smoke it's not essential.
-
Badges
I'd put them up for $50 for the pair (get rid of the single side one with the boot one). That might sound a little high but you're probably not going to get multiple people find them and want them, so no point starting lower and hoping for a bidding war. I also wouldn't expect them to sell in a hurry.
-
Rego Plates.
I really hope you are trolling! :lol:
-
Fastest Corolla In The World
Back when I was young and stupid I got my sisters AE82 (4A-C) up to 150kph... down hill and the head was cracked in 3 places after all the abuse. Still drove it for over a year with the cracked head :D
-
7K Carb+Manifold Question
7k & 5k are van engines. Why do you want their carb/mani? Are you referring to the EFI setup?
-
New! Corolla Fgr
I love the way you think. This is the most convincing argument I've heard for making death trap cars!
-
Random Photo Thread
OH man that's got to hurt
-
Little Red Rolla - Ke10 Build
So weird seeing everything on the wrong side! Haven't played the vid with sound yet (at work) but it looks good!
-
New! Corolla Fgr
What you are asking for is not possible (A small car with as much room as they had back in the 60's/70's). It would not meet todays safety standards. Have a look at the crash test of the new (sold in India)... that is probably the closest new car to what you are asking for. Old cars are simple but they crash horribly.
-
Little Red Rolla - Ke10 Build
I forgot you are in Finland. I believe Australia were the first country outside of Japan to get the Corolla so yours too can only be a 67 onwards. Those fenders look fantastic! Seeing this makes me want to grab a second KE10 and build a bosozoku/shakotan car :yes:
-
Little Red Rolla - Ke10 Build
If it's Australian delivered it can only be a 67 or later :) There was only one 66 Corolla in Australia as a demo/review car.
-
Ae82 Gokai - It May As Well Be A Wife.
Time to make it a convertible! :lol:
-
3K-B Twin Carbs - Value?
I got all that gear last year for around $300-$350 (my filter housing is original, unpainted). Agree, the hard bit is getting the filter housing! That was the only reason I needed a second set (paid $300 for a set years ago without the housing). I've said on here before, I only ever bid at the last second on eBay and bid as much as I'm willing to pay. If I lose, the other person paid more than I was willing to.
-
67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!
Thanks guys. I'll be really upset if he decides he doesn't like cars when he gets older.