Everything posted by 67Rolla-Ken
-
Jack Points On A Ke10?
Jacking points are on the body seam just behind the front wheel arch and in front of the rear wheel arch. I'm not sure best place to put stands,I usually put them under the k frame and under the leaf springs at the back... This could be wrong.
-
67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!
So the car had her final once over and buff at the panel shop yesterday and is all done bar a couple small dash details... But the exciting news, My new navigator has arrived!! Levi Gary Cornell - 3280grams - 48cm long Now he just needs to learn to hold his head up and read pace notes... and probably some other skills I'm forgetting.
-
Restored My Mags, Pretty Happy!
Looks fantastic!
-
New! Corolla Fgr
Damn, didn't think of that one!
-
New! Corolla Fgr
When you do go back, can you get me the first 67 Camaro? :lol:
-
New! Corolla Fgr
But then ours won't be as rare...
-
New! Corolla Fgr
Not many small retro cars look good... Mini & Fiat 500 are the only decent ones I can think of. Even those I would prefer to own the older originals. I would rather them leave it alone than make a mess of it.
-
67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!
Cheers. She's not properly tuned yet so she did go through a fair bit of fuel. Meh, I'm fine with that, she's no daily driver. I should have a new new baby arriving next week (of the human kind)! I'll save the cigar for then ;)
-
67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!
Lots of little things to finish off, but it's great to be driving her again! She's also happy cruising at 65mph, she used to struggle at 50mph with the 3k.
-
Little Red Rolla - Ke10 Build
Looks great to me!
-
What Grinds My Gears.
You sir have made my day! so many lols :D
-
Ke10 Ca18det
He hasn't been on here for over 2 years.
-
What Grinds My Gears.
Lol, the only way I buy on Ebay is sniping in the last 5 seconds... other wise you're just bumping the price up like a chump! ;) I have 2 of those already so it wasn't me... honest :P
-
Need Help Identifying Some Tail Lights :s
In that condition and only one side, not worth much at all. Maybe AUD$40?
-
Rejetting Aiisin Vs Weber
I had someone very experienced (read old) help me rebuild mine. His trick was to mark a start point and work your way around replacing one part at a time, instead of tipping everything out then trying to figure out where everything goes. Worked very well!
-
Need Help Identifying Some Tail Lights :s
Second down on the left is a KE10-B/KE11 tail light.
- 1jz Ke55
-
Whats This Number Mean On A Ke10?
If nothing else, the hub caps and dress rings look to be in good nick!
-
Enthusiast Insurance
I pay $110.00 per month for 2 cars. Covered for $7500ea, one limited(no) use, the other as a daily. Both locked up in a garage. I'm over 30, and have no at fault crashes.
-
Enthusiast Insurance
Sounds about the same as mine but I'll have to check. I'll see if I can find my policy tonight.
-
1jz Ke55
I think all 3 options would look good given the quality of the build. I'd be leaning to leaving it the way it is.
-
Seatbelts.... ?
I find it hard to believe a 1969 Corolla has never had front seat belts fitted. I think lap belts in the front were standard on the Corolla from 1967. If seat belts have ever been fitted to the car you must by law have seat belts fitted... once they're in they can't be removed legally without being replaced. My main point is I think you will find you have the mounting points for lap belts in the front at least. :)
-
1jz Ke55
All looking very tidy. Love the attention to detail! Trying to think of a name for her... Zimma??
-
67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!
Cheers mate. It's been a hard slog! I kind of got to a point where I'd gone over the top with a few things (paint and a few N.O.S. parts) so it forced me to try and match that level for the rest of the car. I often wished I'd just stuck with a quick tidy up, especially with how hard it's been finding all the little parts that are year specific (some parts took 5+ years of searching to find) but now that the end is in sight I'm loving her! One good thing is because of how much time and money I've spent on her, it's easy to laugh off any offer thrown at me for her ;)
- 1jz Ke55